My Echo Lite Disc.

Muel

well i dont like the forks.

but the rest of it looks really nice, just the forks.

Fair enough, each to their own mate!

Pretty nice. I don't really like light bikes though. Everything just seems, well.......weaker :S

Scott :)

That's probably because it is weaker. :lol:

looks really nice but i think its pethetic that people are sooooo wieght concious.lol

ross. :D

It has made a massive difference to my riding. I'm not sooooo weight concious really, you don't see me shot blasting the paint and running shitty chains. I just think that if you have the spare time to do some simple stuff and save some weight, then you should.

I do care a lot about my bikes weight upto a point, which is about 9kg. As long as it's under 9kg I'm not overly bothered, I just have spare time and spare money, and I enjoy seeing how light I can get it, and seeing how light I can make it without affecting the way it rides.

Just a little note to anyone who has Monty TI rims and is thinking of drilling the front one, don't. You save 18g, but mine now bends really easily, is egged and I have a puncture from the shards which are impossible to get at to file off.

• 2 weeks later...
That looks so nice :o

Wouldn't change a thing on that, forks look awesome!

Cheers Jonny. :wub:

Just a little note to anyone who has Monty TI rims and is thinking of drilling the front one, don't. You save 18g, but mine now bends really easily, is egged and I have a puncture from the shards which are impossible to get at to file off.

Well I have since proved all that to be bollocks! I thought I had a puncture but it turned out to be the air hissing out from around the rim tape, and a quick true and it hasn't gone bent again yet.

That's one of the best looking bikes on here. Looks so simple and neat, not sure about the forks though.

Liking the Muel sticker a lot, nice font and nicely made

Cheers matey, I photoshopped it and tried to base it on the Echo sticker, and Mr Fish got them printed up for me.

I'm really quite tempted by a Lite Disc to replace my Monty Pr... How do you find the Echo on natural?

Brilliant, it suits me perfectly, they have a relatively high bb at 60mm, but I have the long and it doesn't feel really high, just a lot roomier than my 06 short and the reach is perfect for me.

Yea, I definatly prefer that 06, it was one of the nicest mods I have seen :o

This one is nice, but theres just somthing im not keen on, maybe the forks, or the number of stackers under then stem. Im also not a massive fan of the dropouts.

But Im being really pedantic :P It is nice dont get me wrong :)

Also would it not be lighter to run a trial tech or atomz bash and take the frame bash off and gind the mounts down?

Yea, I definatly prefer that 06, it was one of the nicest mods I have seen :o

This one is nice, but theres just somthing im not keen on, maybe the forks, or the number of stackers under then stem. Im also not a massive fan of the dropouts.

But Im being really pedantic :P It is nice dont get me wrong :)

Also would it not be lighter to run a trial tech or atomz bash and take the frame bash off and gind the mounts down?

It would, I'm waiting for my Dad to machine my bashring down.

I did prefer the old one, and the 07/08 maggy frame is my favourite to look at. The 08 disc rides best though, the geo is slightly different to the 07 long maggy I had and loads different to the 06 short.

cut a hole out of the headtube? you could save a big chunk of weight then?

It doesn't save enough to make me want to buy a dremmel and do it, and then endure my bike filling with water and mud.

It doesn't fill with mud and water but it does look f**king ridicoulous and saves no noticable weight What so ever, mine looks tacky as hell :(

wtf.

What are you riding now adam?

haha I like the look of it :P

• 1 month later...
What you mean by using sellotape as rim tape? you mean the clear stuff, isnt that the same sort of weight as normal rim tape?

I also you use sellotape for rim tape. You just put it round your rim in place of the normal thiker stuff. Saves about 40g all together but makes no difference to performance/punctures.

Really contemplating getting one of those Echo duel discs, is the performace on the rear disc good?

x

Haven't been on Muel's, but tarty Adam's disks are unreal. Better than my mags with vicious grind, cnc backings,, Joypads, booster...

I've recently spent ages modifying my brother magura to try and make it work well, it's nothing like as good as my disc. Tarty Adam's will be better than mine though, I need my mounts facing but can't really be arsed. :P

Medium grind on Neco Yellows, water bleed, braided hose, metal tpa, RB booster, Tensile mounts and modified the lever to stop the blade bolt undoing.

Yes I use the clear sellotape, it's working well at the moment, I run my tyres pretty hard aswell.