Part Time Jobs

Caleb

Im 18, 2nd year at college 5 days a week and work at Bookers Cash and Carry on weekends. 7 till 2 on Saturday and 9 till 1 on Sunday. It sucks getting up early on a weekend but the jobs good. I work on tills mainly, fairly laid back place to work, all staff are friendly etc.

I worked at Mcdonalds before that, and god it was shite.

Temping is the way to go mate. I moved to Barnstaple two months ago, since then I've had five different jobs, which have been factory working, cleaning, lawn mowing, call centre work, and labouring. Keeps the money coming in, something different every day, and nothing tying you down.

Rich

Worked in Evans Cycles Canary Wharf during last summer and christmas, and will be again this summer.

Means I can earn money to spend over the year at uni, but not have to miss out on uni stuff.

Got about £45 a day, can be pretty easy work.

Worked in Evans Cycles Canary Wharf during last summer and christmas, and will be again this summer.

Means I can earn money to spend over the year at uni, but not have to miss out on uni stuff.

Got about £45 a day, can be pretty easy work.

haha. yer? maybe... or some Milton Keynes customers are just bitches that think they know more than you and look down on you :(

staff purchases are good though.

steve

haha. yer? maybe... or some Milton Keynes customers are just bitches that think they know more than you and look down on you :(

staff purchases are good though.

steve

Well varies, but in Canary Wharf everyone has money coming out of their arses so its usually a case of 'this is what I want, I don't care how much it costs'.

could have a job in footwear at jd with my mates at the drop of a hat, im in a bit of debt so i think ill give it a try.

anyone work in a similar sports shop etc?

Sorry but JD sports should hardly be a full time job ambition!

Sorry but JD sports should hardly be a full time job ambition!

At least read the title of the thread mate

Almost deffinately got a job for the summer at a local sign painter okay pay etc etc plus it's not some rubbish shelf stacking.

Edited by ZeroMatt

Well varies, but in Canary Wharf everyone has money coming out of their arses so its usually a case of 'this is what I want, I don't care how much it costs'.

yer i thought so, goddamn rich larrhdaahners.

i worked in fenchurch street for a week for 'staff training' before i started work in MK and it was pretty easy compared to the midlands. i guess bromptons/trek/dahons owners are generally less arsey people because they don't go off roading and expect more from their shit bikes (they very often do in MK, - EG: GT outpost: "my gears aren't working as smooth as i want them to be" and our answer is "well if you spent more than £200 it might work a little better, its as good as it gets..") and to be honest most people just don't look after their bikes and their expect it'd be a perfect bike just because they bought it from a big branched-evans store......let the bitchin' commence and the manager will come out to tell them to f**k off.

steve

Labour is the only way to go, particularly event labour as you'll have plenty of shifts with all the big moosic festivals coming up. I've been with a similar company for just under a year, meet great people, don't have to think - just move stuff, good cash, can choose your shifts and amazing hours!

Can't beat it, 3 weeks of T in the Park last year, 12-16 hour shifts, £80 a day!

Sorted!

just been offered one at vue cinema too with a mate who used to work at the jd store i got an offer from.

he says its way more laid back, pays better etc.

nearer to home too sounds ideal.

temping also sounds good, i was looking for some agencies near me like addeco etc but could only find specific job roles with them rather than just temp work then change

Part time cleaner at the local primary school ,after school 2 hours a day 3.15-5.15,£6.00 an hour, i do that everyday apart from tuesday where i work at the local lesiure centre for 4 hours, 6-10. £4.60 an hour.

Im also at school every day varying from 1-5 hours a day, depends on classes teachers etc

In total its about £78 a week

Meh, its something.

graffti removal with my sisters dad only done it a day got £70 for four hours happy days haha iv applied for halfords and morrisons ect but as im 16 and still doing my gcse's they don't seem intrested at all find it pretty hard to find a job with no qualifications.

Nice one Chris! What are you gonna be doing there? Something high-up, sales?

Firstly, im not Chris, im Patrick. people mistake our identity... Chris' avatar is PupaG or something.

Secondly, At A+F my position is Visual Presentations- maintaining the mannequins and the whole store approach. £6.50 an hour + 40-50 hours per week over 3 months = enough to pay my yearly uni fee.

graffti removal with my sisters dad only done it a day got £70 for four hours happy days haha iv applied for halfords and morrisons ect but as im 16 and still doing my gcse's they don't seem intrested at all find it pretty hard to find a job with no qualifications.

I'm sorry, people like me are what put you on your hands and knees scrubbing so hard at walls. I do give you a job though to be fair :P

I do alot of freelance researc/website design/photography bits and bobs and sell the occasional photo print. Awesome pay and a complete doss but really irregular. I've pulled in £500 for barely any work on my best month but then i'll have spells of no money for 4 months haha.

Edited by Max Quinn

• 3 weeks later...

I work on a fairground as a part time job, been doing it for 10 years now and its a reet laugh - keeps you fit, gets you out the office and alittle bit of extra cash (about 140-200 a weekend + food + drink). The money isnt particularly amazing compared to proper work but its more of a hobby now :)

To be honest I doubt you would be able to go get a job on the fair and earn the same money, the guy I work for pays very well - so basically a pretty pointless post :D

edit: awesome, the forum changed my T.B.H. to to be honest :D

Edited by forteh

I had my first day at my new job yesterday. B&Q hahaha! It's allright to be honest, most of the managers seem like a laugh, is a massive place so i'm not all couped up. The pay is amazing for a part time shop job round here. I get £6.86 an hour but i work 8 of my 14 hours a week on sunday when i get 1.5 pay so £10.29 :D Bonuses at christmas, easter and july aswell.

Alllllll good.