Part Time Jobs

Caleb

I know theres a job thread which people mainly refer to full time jobs in but what does everyone do part time?

i need a job for the next 4 months or so, and have worked in hotels before, dont want to do that again!

worked in halfords before which i liked but very far away etc.

any ideas/opinions.

maybe thinking in a small bar, or this local hotel gym/pool etc

Being a waiter is pretty easy. Been one for 2/3 years now.. Take orders, serve customers :)

But being a waiter is normally like a evening time job? Unless the restaurant opens for lunch etc etc. The one I work in doesn't :)

If you really want money and willing to work hard.. find a day time job somewhere else, then evening/night time job as being a waiter. That way, you'll get more experience as well

You lot obviously haven't worked in a busy pub then. It's soo much work and people always get in your way. It has its good parts though.

More good points though! like free drink.

I work In halfords on Bikehut/cycles. Also work in a pub, I get £38.50 for a 6-12 shift, which flies by. so I'm not fused. USE to get EMA as well ehich was £30 a week, but I cannot be arsed going into sixthform anymore. so lost £30 a week! aw well!! (no all the people not getting EMA are going to have a go at me!)

Sainsburys... get 6quid an hour, really flexible over time so you can do loads, or virtually nothing depending on your contract, 10% staff discount 7 weeks holiday a year, can change stores.... lots of perks for a part time job

If you need a job for 4 months, most big companies who pay well won't want to take you on because all that time training is pointless when you leave so soon.

Instead, try temping agencies. I used them in my gap year and got me a temping job for an insurance company. Boring desk job but paid really well! Plus your a temp, so can leave whenever you like with bigger all notice.

Temping agencies don't just find office jobs - you can get warehouse work, catering, courier services, pretty much most things really.

I worked at Wickes (the DIY place) for 12 weeks over summer. Good pay, good people and pretty fun. Plus lugging concrete blocks around all day helped me put on a bit of muscle mass, which was good. I'd check it out if there's one around, or just a general builders merchant or something. I really enjoyed myself, you may well too.

Im just about to leave school and i need a job till i start my aprentiship or i might just go into full time collage.

I went for an interview tonight for a plumbing course and its only 2 days a week and thats full time.

So the rest of the week i need a job for going out etc.

Liam

Edited by Liam Zoo!

I'm a cleaner at my school. i earn £6.72 a hour and have a chance for overtime on certain occasions. on average i get about £200 a month as hours are quite poor though.

Cleaning is actually a good way to earn money.

Edited by Jonesy. i'm hungry......

I'm a cleaner at my school. i earn £6.72 a month and have a chance for overtime on certain occasions. on average i get about £200 a month as hours are quite poor though.

Cleaning is actually a good way to earn money.

Think you mean Hour mate haha, well I hope so anyway.

Local bike shop near me. I enjoy it a lot been there for nearly 2 years learnt lots of stuff. Sell products, Companys ebay basically all the shop floor work task with the manager.

Im hoping to move onto a music shop 20 mins away out of town in doncaster called electros music. I play drums and wouldnt mind selling them etc. but i think ill leave that until am in uni.

I still work at Birdworld as an all-rounder - catering, retail etc as I've worked there since I was like 16 - its been a job to see me through my education but not to fund my education if you see what I mean. I guess its not the best but not the worst (£5.75/hour) but I do want to leave but I can't at the mo as im still getting into the industry as a freelance camera operator/assistant, so there's not consistent work.

Edited by Jonny Jones