Looking For New Cranks

hi ,i have recently got a inspired and its being built up slowly but surely into a beasty street setup ,now im looking for a nice pair of cranks to put on her but im a bit stuck .

i wanted to fit her with a pair of raceface northshore cranks but the person who i sold my previous pair too wont sell them back >_< so im looking for a alternitive pair of cranks that are simular and come in isis .

can i here you reccomendations please ,please try and keep your reccomendations under £100 (Y)

cheers ,steve

Edited by banbury trials

You know most of these posts will be with Middleburns (including this one). Raceface cranks have mixed opinions but i always thought they were cool years back. Just find a nice pair of black second hand ones on here.

As for other cranks i don't really know of any with reviews...

Take a search on some mtb forums for other crankset reviews i'd say.

You know most of these posts will be with Middleburns (including this one). Raceface cranks have mixed opinions but i always thought they were cool years back. Just find a nice pair of black second hand ones on here.

As for other cranks i don't really know of any with reviews...

Take a search on some mtb forums for other crankset reviews i'd say.

cheers for the comment,i did think about burns ,i reckon i will have to consider them even more now.

+1 for the Middleburn's.

Though I recently got a set of Bonz trials cranks and all I have to say is WOW!

I am completely inpressed with them. They are stiff and the bash ring is the smallest 22t ring I have ever seen.

Not to mention they have a 10 year warranty; Yes,yes I know that the middleburn's have a lifetime but this is a good alternative.

Hmm, why you don't want the screw-on types? Any particular reason?

im wanting to run a 22t chainring up front so i can run a gears on the back ,i realise i can get a 21t crew-on cog but im not aware of any bashring that'll be big enough.

plus,screw on isnt as sreety as bolt on cranks imo (Y)

I run middleburns on my inspired. But ithink some 5 arm compact drive Racefaces would lookk awesome. Seen them on a few Inspireds and with the right bash they look great. If you want a real street set up why not go for some 3 pieces? Could get the DMR Crisis which run with a standard ISIS BB.

Not to mention they have a 10 year warranty; Yes,yes I know that the middleburn's have a lifetime but this is a good alternative.

You know lifetime warranties get kinda funny. It ends up being the lifetime of the product which could mean two years. But i'm sure Middleburn don't do this.

I also fogot to mention, Power Pros :shifty:

im wanting to run a 22t chainring up front so i can run a gears on the back ,i realise i can get a 21t crew-on cog but im not aware of any bashring that'll be big enough.

plus,screw on isnt as sreety as bolt on cranks imo (Y)

you could save alot of money by getting some echo screw on ones...i have a (unused by the way...:P) tensile screw on bachguard with integrated spider, with a 22t ring attached...

don't let it stop you...

raceface cranks are cool though (Y)!!

The only downside I could find was the weight of the 22T bashring. But I guess you not building up a light bike anyway.

Chuck on an 18t chainring and a Heatsink Cloud9 bash, mill it down a bit if you're that way inclined, and you have the makings of a competitively lightweight setup :)