People That Have Inspired You To Ride.

stuie

I think I learnt about trials from Hans Rey, but way back when all the regular mountain bike press had was either Hans Rey (who did the unthinkable) or Jez Avery/Paul Hudson who were really trick riders.

It was really Martyn Ashton and Martin Hawyes who got me into trials, showing that normal guys on normal bikes could do it. Without them, a lot of us wouldn't be here, and I know I certainly owe a lot to them.

Right, i have been thinking about this all morning (after i noticed the topic as i arrived in at work) and just reading back through, most of the names i want to put down have been mentioned (also feel slightly :$, after what people have said about me (cheers for that guys).

I have a few names, you will mainly notice that these are the 'everyday riders', nae pro's for me, as they dont inspire me to ride, i just get impressed with what they can do.

The scottish muckers boys - too many of you to list, you all know who you are, but basically, you are very much the reason im still riding, and still pushing to improve my riding. Never fail to have a laugh with everyone of these guys.

TartyBikes Boys - Ali, Stan, Adam, Dave - All great, smooth riders, and lets be honest, adam and dave are getting on a bit, and they still ride. (almost as old as Ot pi i heard). But to top it off, they are good guys to have banter with, helping to make riding fun.

The 'leeds' crew - Kenny, Boon, Lewis, timmy, Kev, Judders - Never fail to have a fantastic time with these guys - both on and off the bike :|

Danny Mac - Rides that shit and boring style that he has, but he is a nice guy....we cant all have everything eh?

Rowan J - Erm....nicest guy in trials? has some nifty stunties on him too.

I could honestly go on and on, but these are the boys that 'inspire me'.

Cheers boys.

It used to be the classic Ryan Leech, Jeff Lenosky & JJ Gregowics. (can't spell silly names)

Now i don't know. I do prefer watching the foreign riders to be honest.

Some of the videos here are good but just don't cut it. Maybe as everyones style is all to common.

I forgot to add afew people. like every 1 else i could go on for ages with people, but all the local riders i ride with, dave marshell, dave anscombe, tom (speedyjustic), nathan coward, nick manning, little steve, mini mitch lol, joe tilsid, dan jones, the smiths and rich pearson. pretty much the local south riders to dorset and the NBR demo team

x

There are all these amazing rider's across the globe, but the rider's that inspire me are the one's that aren't trying to better someone's record. Their just going out on theire bikes and thinking of the technical lines, the lines that take balance, concentration, skill, commitment, bottle, an open mind that allows the rider to believe that anything is possible. Rider's that I feel ride like this are:

Ryan Leech, Martyn Ashton, Danny Macaskil, Rowan Johns, Nick Goddard, Jeff Lenosky, Hans Rey, Jack Meek, Dan Jones and Lance Trappe.

There are probably other's, but can't think of them right now.

I've got no disrespect for other rider's. These are just the one's that stand out for me and inspire me to push myself and go out and ride more.

I would say riders to inspire me to try new things: Ali C + Iolo + Will A + Fred Judd + Mike Judson + Boon. They just see the lines most people don't and then pull it off pretty smoothly too.

Riders to make me go big: The obviously TGS crew really, damon, neil and cls too

Riders just to go out on a ride with: The North wales guys + the swansea guys haha. I love jut going out and chatting shit with them its good fun :)

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?showuser=452

Best attitude, amazing rider, pushed me loads, made me realise what was possible. Without him, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the stage I got with trials. He was one of the nicest people I ever met, and it was truly gutting when he moved away again.

Thanks for letting me stay at your place in Porthcawl too dude!