Benefits

Captain Scarlet

I put down IT, General Office, Administration as my three choices.

If someone with no experience in those fields said the same thing - your stereotypical lazy chav for example, he's never gonna get the job so can live off benefits while it still looks like he's trying. He doesn't want that job and knows full well that he'd never get it.

So THAT's where the system fails... I wasn't fully aware of this. That needs to be sorted out asap.

Regarding benefits, lazy gimps who just sponge really get on my nerves, but for people genuinely not able to work it can be a lifesaver (from personal experience) and I think it's great we have such a system set up.

So THAT's where the system fails... I wasn't fully aware of this. That needs to be sorted out asap.

Regarding benefits, lazy gimps who just sponge really get on my nerves, but for people genuinely not able to work it can be a lifesaver (from personal experience) and I think it's great we have such a system set up.

and you need to watch out when you start to annoy adam at tarty...cos if he gets raging...he starts windmilling!!!!

why do you think stan and ali are so quiet when u speak to them when adam is around..

and you need to watch out when you start to annoy adam at tarty...cos if he gets raging...he starts windmilling!!!!

why do you think stan and ali are so quiet when u speak to them when adam is around..

I can just imagine that. :lol:

Adam in a wild rage brandishing his spoke key. :twisted:

If you can either walk or type you can get a job, whether it's in a factory packing boxes or in a supermarket.

not picking specifically on you mule, but this is the attitude that will breed a generation of imbeciles.

It's never that simple and i mentioned it in the 'oh my god this racial minority man has 13 kids, let's deport him' topic.

but if you've got a degree, who would want to pack boxes?

you'd leave after 10 minutes.

They know this at the benefit office too, hence they wouldn't let me pack boxes or stack shelves...

I've got a diploma in computer programming and 6 years experience in thigns like Trainee Store Manager, Customer Services Manager, Admin Assistant... Not massively impressive but it's certainly above warehouse work and they knew I'd just leave and possibly end up back on benefits.

not picking specifically on you mule, but this is the attitude that will breed a generation of imbeciles.

It's never that simple and i mentioned it in the 'oh my god this racial minority man has 13 kids, let's deport him' topic.

I think that's just the way I've been brought up, if I was stuck with no job I'd get anything to get me by while I was looking for better jobs.

I can't get any shit jobs either, I am working at the moment anyway, but I'm not getting enough hours. I filled in the application forms for a few jobs and nothing has come back yet.

I want something for the summer aswell. A bike shop would be good, somewhere more northern so I can stay at my aunties in lancaster, something to do with trials maybe? :P

Ditto (Y) ... and have done in the past. Marquee erection for £2.66 an hour anyone? 100+ hour weeks not uncommon...

But surely as a graduate yourself, you could appreciate the merit in having time to search for a job after spending many years and thousands of pounds on an education?

If you push yourself into a low end job and have to work 100 hour weeks, when do you find the time to search for something worthwhile of your capabilities?

But surely as a graduate yourself, you could appreciate the merit in having time to search for a job after spending many years and thousands of pounds on an education?

If you push yourself into a low end job and have to work 100 hour weeks, when do you find the time to search for something worthwhile of your capabilities?

I do agree to an extent with what you're saying, for sure. A few week's worth of looking, maybe a month, can't harm, but if it's longer than that... maybe you're aiming too high, or too picky about the job you want to do... Maybe there just aren't enough jobs in your area to fit you 'ideal' situation?

On the second point, I think that if you really want a better job then you will find one, no matter what it takes.

I dunno... I might be just a bit biased, probably have been lucky with jobs in the past... but to me, if you want to get a job then you will get one - and even if it's not to your full potential then you will grow/rise through any company/organisation until you find the level to which you are competent at performing.