Pace

Karl Butcher

:P thatss coool, you still got the frame?

Hell yeah i still got it!

its hanging up in my shed with a nice crack in it! :)

Very cool but unfortunately not a Pace... really hope you didn't pay Pace price for it mate...!

One of my mates worked at Pace

and they made two prototype but they didnt take off very well so i got it for £50 :)

thats why it cracked so fast! :(

then i think Cove brought one out just like it

Edited by Karl Butcher

i think ur friend is telling porkys, as that is not a pace product, my mate baught one of the bay for 40 quid..

and it cracked so fast cos its a shitty jap import

just cos pace make a prototype doesnt mean they employ a monkey to weld it, that seems to compeltly defeat the obejct in my eyes?:S

Edited by Davetrials

Nope he was working for Pace

he used to help Pace designe frames and help with the site

so he made some drawings up and got this made it did have the Pace logo

he still has the photos of it being made in Pace and the drawings there were hangin up in his bike shop in Peterborough

you dont have to believe me but i know 100% he got it from Pace

Edited by Karl Butcher

Haha, sorry :P

Well... it sounds like it IS a Pace from what's been said above, but I have seen identical 'jump/trials' frames being sold on eBay for short of £50. Pace externally butt their square profile tubes and certainly wouldn't use off the shelf taiwan-made dropouts on their UK manufactured frames.

Very cool but unfortunately not a Pace... really hope you didn't pay Pace price for it mate...!

pace no. light yes .

pace used square stays and replacable drop outs also the milled the tubes (butted). these i think were sold by MBUK advert shops. like all terrian etc.

still your still riding trials thats the important thing and hopefully have a kick ass ride now!

ps hows the mag forks holding up adam?

Pace RC has to be the best trials frame ever made, although a little on the weak side. I managed to get this one on ebay and it rides amazing, had it built for a while but its just to nice to ride.

post-631-1211656767_thumb.jpg

Edited by 26twenty

I know of one too :shifty: .

But i'm not sure if my fella will sell, sorry Karl. I'll ask him next time i see him though (Y).

Aww thanks man! :)

Pace RC has to be the best trials frame ever made, although a little on the weak side. I managed to get this one on ebay and it rides amazing, had it built for a while but its just to nice to ride.

post-631-1211656767_thumb.jpg

Dude thats so nice!!

i been looking around on Ebay for one but having no luck! :(

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the thread necrophilia. Especially from a newbie, extra especially from a newbie without a clue who is looking for help.

First of all I would like to say I know next to nothing about trials riding, conversely I do know quite a bit about Pace (and the machine in the OP is certainly not one). I have recently purchased a Pace RC250, not to ride I am afraid I m far too unbalanced for that...hell I have ended up in hospital multiple times from my XC riding including once with a fairly serious bout of internal bleeding... trials would be the end of me! Instead my reason for buying was to build and complete my fleet of yorkshire made square tubed beauties.

Now for the bit I need help on, I am planning a period build, I believe the frame to be around 2003, can any of you kind folk help me with suggestions for what would have been a suitable period build. General rule of thumb with the other Pace in my collection is a sprinkling of Hope & Middleburn and keeping as UK originated as possible.

I dont have a picture yet but it is one of the Red (painted finish) Magura dedicated models.

Here is a picture of the rest of the fleet. Aquiring the RC250 now means I have one of each production square tubed pace frames...the modern Pace just dont do it for me!

P1000416-1.jpg

left to right: Pace RC100, RC200F5 RC300, RC500 F1. (RC250...not shown ;) )

1989 thro' to 2003

Apologies if this post is out of place or against any rules a newbie like me has overlooked.

Thanks for any help.

Rob

Edited by JeRkY
  • Like 3

Ive got a pair of pace RC32T in black, a couple of scuffs on the legs but that can be covered up with some stategic marker pen use :)

If you want them, then Im sure I can let them go as theyre currently spare - it would be good to see them go onto a pace build aswell.