Anyone Got The New Mbuk? Issue 226

monkeyseemonkeydo

Are you referring to the Ashton bit?

If so, it's pretty good,

But I've not got a scanner unfortunately.

If you're not on about that

:$ Oopsie!

Nah, should be a 7 page article on trials with pics from a Pompy ride... Has literally just been released I think.

can't you wait? :P

pikey! hahaha :giggle:

steve

:P

Unfortunately, MBUK breached the upper end of my 'legitimate pricing' threshold a while back, and almost simultaneously breached the lower end of the 'legitimate quality' threshold. As a result, I ain't ne'er buyin' that shit again.

Unfortunately, MBUK breached the upper end of my 'legitimate pricing' threshold a while back, and almost simultaneously breached the lower end of the 'legitimate quality' threshold. As a result, I ain't ne'er buyin' that shit again.

Yeah I know. I haven't bought an issue for around 6 or 7 years although mainly because of the pants they used to put in it, however when you're in it it's a bit different! Also, the photographer reckoned that the mag's been taken over by a new editor dude so there may be slightly less of the rubbish that used to get in. Maybe.

Could you not just wait the 2 or so days it takes to get to the shops?

Yeah I know... but I'm an impatient sod.

Yeah I know. I haven't bought an issue for around 6 or 7 years although mainly because of the pants they used to put in it, however when you're in it it's a bit different! Also, the photographer reckoned that the mag's been taken over by a new editor dude so there may be slightly less of the rubbish that used to get in. Maybe.

Unless they sack the majority of the contributors off, they're still largely f**ked though. Compared to any other 'action sport' (however you want to put it) magazine like Document, Sidewalk, Ride, Dig - literally anything else it still looks amateur and kinda shitty in terms of journalistic quality. Some of the photos are nice, but that's about it, really.

The thing that pissed me off about it was the "Free gift every month" era, whereby the "Free gift" (With the exception of the 3-way allen key almost always being utter shit) was paid for by adding £1 to the coverprice. If they'd been optional, so you either had your "Free" gift by paying more, or didn't have the "Free" gift and paid the regular price, that might've been OK, but blatantly that was gonna be a load of hassle.

</sour>