Aren't Tensile Cranks Meant To Be Good?

stunt man t

hi!

was just woundering what people thought to tensile urban legend cranks?

are they good?

bad?

has anybody snaped them?

ive snapped 2 now!

cant believe it, was only kicking on to my rear wheel, LOOK!

Tensile1.jpg

Tensile2.jpg

or are they good for the money?

cheers (Y)

Edited by stunt man t

i agree there is but i was only kicking to my rear wheel

+ im only a beginner, not doing any big moves,

they shouldnt snap like that???

surely?

better setting up than on a drop. they'll have been cracked before you set up. being a beginer cant be a huge issue if you ride a part enough, constantly landing on it it will die.

better setting up than on a drop. they'll have been cracked before you set up. being a beginer cant be a huge issue if you ride a part enough, constantly landing on it it will die.

the first time they snaped was like in decemember!

so there only 5 months old mate, and i aint a heavy rider!

dont you think though, if ur on a ledge about to drop, you cant afford to have parts thatll snap on u like these have with me,

there dangerous!

there Tensile, there ment to able to cope with the strees trials gives them,,,,

THEY SHOULDNT SNAP!!!

Its happend to quite alot off people now, hence onza giving half price replacements

Onza/Tensile's half price crash replacement scheme applies to everything they make though, pretty much, so it's not like they've brought it in 'cos some people are snapping cranks?

What he said. If you look at the crank where it broke, there'll be a shinier/darker bit where it'll have cracked and been rubbing against each other. Just keep checking your cranks if you keep destroying them.

the first time they snaped was like in decemember!

so there only 5 months old mate, and i aint a heavy rider!

dont you think though, if ur on a ledge about to drop, you cant afford to have parts thatll snap on u like these have with me,

there dangerous!

there Tensile, there ment to able to cope with the strees trials gives them,,,,

THEY SHOULDNT SNAP!!!

Aluminium parts break. People ride in different ways. I had a set that lasted ages, and I also had a set of regular Tensiles that lasted me over a year. There are loads of different factors to consider, like how I always used a crank extractor to take them off, and when I went to put them back on I didn't just twat them with a hammer. I know other people who always hammer their cranks on and off, and unsurprisingly they break more cranks than me. That's just one factor though - it's impossible to design a crank that'll never break, unless you over-build it to f**k which people wouldn't want 'cos they'd 'weigh too much'.

It's tensile strength im pressuming (Going from the name of the cranks). So, it's hardly ideal for the type of pressure street riding puts them under. Tensile strength works on points of stress, you pin point a certain amount of pressure in specific locations of the object that are tensile designed. They break.

I've had one set of the old style Tensiles. Mine snapped in like 3 months. Felt really flexy on my bike.

Overall, they were terriable.

It's tensile strength im pressuming (Going from the name of the cranks). So, it's hardly ideal for the type of pressure street riding puts them under. Tensile strength works on points of stress, you pin point a certain amount of pressure in specific locations of the object that are tensile designed. They break.

:blink:

Probably the weirdest logic I've ever heard anyone drop out on Trials-Forum, apart from the random helium-related posts.

It's tensile strength im pressuming (Going from the name of the cranks). So, it's hardly ideal for the type of pressure street riding puts them under.

That's a 'true fact' (Compared to a 'false fact', no doubt...)? The other bit just didn't really make any sense anyway, apart from the 'they break' bit.

That's a 'true fact' (Compared to a 'false fact', no doubt...)? The other bit just didn't really make any sense anyway, apart from the 'they break' bit.

Like i said. How Tensile design items/objects break, is when too much pressure is put on exact locations of the item.

I have no idea what you're getting at with that last sentence, but you are aware that everything has tensile strength, and that there's no such thing as "tensile designed" products? Unless you mean products designed by the company called Tensile, but their headsets seem to work fine, even when there's "pressure is put on exact locations of the item".

I think you may be reading into the name of the product too much. Remember that Aorta frames aren't made of the largest artery in the body, and that Echo frames aren't made of soundwaves...

What you're saying still makes no sense. Trials products still need tensile strength? They rely on it to work. Seriously, if the cranks weren't called 'Tensile' I doubt you'd be talking about tensile strength at all, bearing in mind I've seen plenty of pictures of other cranks snapped in similar ways, such as Middleburns.