Why All The Street Frames Are 24"?

mehukatti

Why almost all the current street trials frames are 24-inch? Like Inspired, 24UK, etc. How hard it would be for these manufacturers to make a 26" frame with similar properties (seat tube, street geometry). I think there are a lot of people who would like to build a modern street trials bike, but don't want to go the 24" route. I think for a modern street trials bike, the wheelbase should be 1050-1055mm ie. a bit longer than on old school bikes (like Zebdi etc.).

There is one or two about. For example the czar freetrials is an attempt, the ashton justice and some leesons are 26".

Im still a 24" lover though. 20" wheels are obviously too small, and 26" i dont think are as flicky or fun as 24" wheels!

24 is the way forward, hence all these 24" frames and riders!

Owen

Why almost all the current street trials frames are 24-inch? Like Inspired, 24UK, etc. How hard it would be for these manufacturers to make a 26" frame with similar properties (seat tube, street geometry). I think there are a lot of people who would like to build a modern street trials bike, but don't want to go the 24" route. I think for a modern street trials bike, the wheelbase should be 1050-1055mm ie. a bit longer than on old school bikes (like Zebdi etc.).

Are not Curtis and Pashley 26" frames of a similar relative geo? Forgive my ignorance if I'm way off the mark...

I loved my curtis frame :)

Does Mr.Deng realise he could make a killin' by setting his frame jigs up for another batch of Echo Pure 2004 's ? Failing that , I guess Base's TA26 is the poor man's version - having almost identical geometry , but with a huge weight penalty .

Does Mr.Deng realise he could make a killin' by setting his frame jigs up for another batch of Echo Pure 2004 's ? Failing that , I guess Base's TA26 is the poor man's version - having almost identical geometry , but with a huge weight penalty .

Truth!

I would be very tempted!

Owen

Me and dave at inspiredbicycles are working on one atm. Not sure when prototype will be done yet though.

:o Oooooo, sounds very interesting.

Personally I prefer 24" for that style of riding, not that I can ride it atall, but the shorter WB you generally run with a 24" makes spinning easier.

Akrigg is a good example of just how good 26"s are for street though..

Well, maybe 24 is the in-thing now? It's very versatile.

But honestly, I still think 26 is better. Maybe my body is thin so 24 is just nice for me. I used to ride the Author a-gang, a 26'' street-trials frame (designed by Czech rider Jaromir Spesny). It's very easy to pull up cos the top tube length is so short.