Halfords

dan_addison

Guess the halfords i work at is unique, all the bikehut workers are full of knowledge and know their stuff when it comes to bikes, and we have 5 trained child seat fitters

Which one do you work in! Im going to transfer to yours (Y) I am one of the yobs who havent been trained but luckily I knew quite alot bout bikes but didnt know how to do anything so I was self trained. I havent signed a contract that aparently says I have to do 15 hours when I asked for 12. I have to do repairs no matter what, although not being trained. I too have to sell atleast 50% BCP for every bike I sell. I do really great service for a customer selling a bike then when I get them come back the next week telling me there £300 bike was built shit because sob yob 'couldn't be arsed' to build it and I get the compliants. Our bike hut used to be run souly on part time stuff. But now we have 1 full time and 5 part time. we havent had PDI forms for about 2 months and when I tell my store manager again and again he says why havent you told me! when i have. The only plus is good hours and good pay (compared to some places) but now they are cutting my hours to 8 (and most peoples hours to 7) because its their new plan to hire loads of staff for short hours. So i am quiting soon once I use up all my holiday pay.

who here justs gives away BCP to friends and family?

Why is so hard that they need to classify a member of the workplace as a "child seat fitter".

They have to go on courses and shit to be a "qualified" child seat fitter

wtf is up with that, its a seat, u just put it in, fasten everything and away they go

I'm guessing there are two reasons your local shop goes through staff too fast.

The first is that most people don't plan to work at Halfords forever they are only there filling in time between school and uni or between job to job. As soon as they find something else they leave.

The second is that halfords are such a shit company to work for, the work is boring and non-rewarding.

I can see no reason why anyone would want to work for halfords. You can make loads more money working elsewhere and if your thinking 'i don't want to work in a supermarket. I'd rather work with bikes' then your wrong because you'll be bored stiff in no time.

I can see no reason why anyone would want to work for halfords. You can make loads more money working elsewhere and if your thinking 'i don't want to work in a supermarket. I'd rather work with bikes' then your wrong because you'll be bored stiff in no time.

Im not bothered about working in a supermarket or anything, im not even bothered about working with bikes. Just need a job

take it youve had bad experiances with halfords?

They have to go on courses and shit to be a "qualified" child seat fitter

wtf is up with that, its a seat, u just put it in, fasten everything and away they go

Many different seats have different fittings, such as an iso fit which I am told only fits certain cars as it is due to the way the seat assembly of the car is designed.

Another thing that is covered in training is the orientation of the seat belt (not sexual), but its position as a common mistake is that it can loop and twist which is likely to break in a crash.

You seem to think that fitting a child seat is easy, but by the sounds of it you don't know what you are talking about, "fasten" what?

I'm guessing there are two reasons your local shop goes through staff too fast.

The first is that most people don't plan to work at Halfords forever they are only there filling in time between school and uni or between job to job. As soon as they find something else they leave.

The second is that halfords are such a shit company to work for, the work is boring and non-rewarding.

Theres a guy I work with who has been at Halfords for 13 years.

Many different seats have different fittings, such as an iso fit which I am told only fits certain cars as it is due to the way the seat assembly of the car is designed.

Another thing that is covered in training is the orientation of the seat belt (not sexual), but its position as a common mistake is that it can loop and twist which is likely to break in a crash.

You seem to think that fitting a child seat is easy, but by the sounds of it you don't know what you are talking about, "fasten" what?

Theres a guy I work with who has been at Halfords for 13 years.

He used to work in Halfords and did so for quite a long time. I also worked there and I must say putting a child seat on wasn't exactly difficult.

Halfords were OK to work for, was just very repitive and many customers proved to be complete wankers. I eventually got fired from halfords, for going to the Fort William world cup instead of work one day... Ahwell.

He used to work in Halfords and did so for quite a long time. I also worked there and I must say putting a child seat on wasn't exactly difficult.

Halfords were OK to work for, was just very repitive and many customers proved to be complete wankers. I eventually got fired from halfords, for going to the Fort William world cup instead of work one day... Ahwell.

you got fired because ur granny phoned in saying u had a bad chinese and were ill then u walked past the halfords bike hut stand in ft william :P

i walked out not long ago and just got a letter saying they over paid me and on friday they will take £984 oput my bank account.

minimum pay = minimum work (Y)

Got a shouting of the supervise for saying that :D

I only work at halfords because its right next to my place of study so its convenient. I would rather stack shelfs instead of working there. Since I have been workign at halfords in inverness there have been 34 imployees leave :)

Edit: longest standing part timer there also :( go me!

Edited by Tango

In my opinion i'd rather work at evans than at halfords.

The last time i went to halfords was last year , when i needed my barracuda fixing. I went in a week later to see if they had fixed the back wheel, and i realised one person was just sittiing on it having his lunch break. I then asked is it ready for me to take away, he said they were waiting for parts, all that needed was doing was the cone nuts tightening. ( i didnt have the tools to do it) . So i just took it home and got a friend to fix it when he got back off holiday.

Another time, i was with my brother and he needed his cranks tightening and something else doing.... we were on a ride and didnt take any tools so we called in and the person who served us said can you hold the bike please whilst i fix it.

Ive always gone to evans since as they always do a good job (Y)

i didnt realise there were so many horror stories from halfords lol.

I work in a little bike shop get minum wage but i love it we dont sell a lot of expensive bikes but we do sell to order and its just a nice place to work becasue every one is full time and just gets on with there job and are all mountain bike riders with years of experiance and we know what were talking about. we always fix halfords f**k ups.