Innertubes

c.j

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/search.php?category_id=46

Anything from there really.

If you dont mind weight get a DH tube, if youre light and smooth get a welterweight, if you're somewhere in between just get a standard tube from your LBS.

I ride with standard 130g Kenda tubes front and rear in my mod and have very few problems.

Wilko's £1.49 tubes.

I've got a Wilko's tube in my 24, and have had for 6 months now.... Never pinched, nor punctured.

It's more the tyre, that counts.

Get a decent tyre and most tubes (within reason :P ) will be Ok.

Maxxis Minions are good, as are High Rollers. Swamp Things have quite an open pattern but are still alright.

Most people tend to go dual ply tyre, normal tube, or single ply tyre, DH tube. If you're a megabasher and don't care about weight get a dual ply tyre and DH tube, pretty much puncture resistant.

Buy Asda/Wilkinson/Tesco cheap tubes and use a Maxxis Dual Ply tyre. Namely a "Maxxis Minion 2.5" Dual-Ply Super-Tacky".

I've used that combo for well over 5 years and I've never had a pinch flat even on some very sharp heavy edges.

Failing that, go tubeless. Fatmike did a guide a few years ago and it worked pretty well, but was quite expensive from what I remember.

Edited by Wet Banana

What I’ve had happen recently (to 2 tubes) is that the valve came off on the rear and then on the front I got the slightest bit of tyre roll (on the front) and the valve came right off. :angry:

One of the tubes was maxxis on the rear and the other was a good brand on the front. Both valvs came right off

Is this just bad luck >_<

Bruce

I use a Big Betty tyre and a Maxxis DH tube. Very low pressure, fairly smooth riding = no snakebites at all.

Personally I find that a lighter tyre and a thick tube work better than a heavy 2ply tyre and a thin tube.

Used to have a TryAll tyre and a normal tube, punctured it after a few minutes on my first ride. And that setup was way heavier than what I've got now. So far 5 months and no punctures.