I Can't Get My Limewire To Work Anymore...

BONGO

Limewire was brilliant. WAS...

Now i can't get it to get up to a good connection anymore. It says it's just about connected, on the first block of the signal meter. It used to go all the way up, and produce good results. Now i can't get it sorted.

Anyone know why?? I got the latest version to solve it and no good...

bongo

can you not try download the limewire pro off limewire , its always on turbo then.

Jesus christ mate, i know you're trying to help, but i only posted the frigging thread because i can't download things, and your advice is to download something....

Jesus christ mate, i know you're trying to help, but i only posted the frigging thread because i can't download things, and your advice is to download something....

sorry dent read the title just saw the limewire bit and read the post , which didnt actually say you couldnt download so i assumed it was just just slow.

anyway my bad .

sorry too mate, bit pissed off here.

Firewalls are all off, yet it still shows the firewall symbol on limewire??? (Even the limewire firewall option is off in the options)

mine used to do that, the isp blocked any connections on the default port for limewire, so buy editing that in your limewire options, and opening that port on your router, itd work, but usually only for a short amount of time(as i assume the isp knows the kind of data packets sent by limewire, and blocks them), although i was with tiscali at the time, and i expect your with bt.

to be fair bongo, your best off with rapidshare.com, and warez bb, way quicker, http speed downloads.

i'm a torrent ferret, but you can't beat a P2P like limerwire for brand new single songs.

If anyone can help link me to something similar to limewire, good, and free, it'd be cool.

Bongo

Limewire was brilliant. WAS...

Now i can't get it to get up to a good connection anymore. It says it's just about connected, on the first block of the signal meter. It used to go all the way up, and produce good results. Now i can't get it sorted.

Anyone know why?? I got the latest version to solve it and no good...

bongo

Many things this could be to be honest

First of all check the speed of your internet, if thats about what your paying for then dont worry about that.

speedtest.net

is the website for the test.

Secondly, what internet service provider are you with? I found out after being with tiscali for 3 monthes that there fair usage policy blocks and limits certain ports and speeds at certain times of the day. If you get me. So thats a possibility.

Thirdly, Limewire doesnt seem to work properly on my computers anyway, possibly router firewall? Internet service provider again (aol)? Windows firewalls?

If it doesnt work, could always use rapidshare, fast downloads but requires a premium account. Which are quite expensive.

thanks for the help, although the second night in a row, leaky cock has come up trumps and solved it. Downloaded Imesh and got what i wanted before i could say okie doke matey bloke flap old salty seadog amigo skip jack jock strap piano tuner.

Bought!?! That shit gives you spyware i heard, its all about the µTorrent.

Yeah, but µTorrent is a torrent client...

I use both torrents and P2P's. Torrents for most these days, but if i want the odd song here and there, it's much easier to go PsP