Tf Video Get Them Uploaded!

txt2007

TF video  

77 members have voted

1. 1. would you contibute?

• yurp

Im in. Ill have to get a couple of clips sorted.

Any idea of entry dates or anything?

Owen

not as such but the sooner the better, as soon as we get about 30 poeple might aswell start making it...

but as a rough guide try and get them uploaded by the end of the month?

EDIT- just seen the poll results 28 poeple are in, so w'ell see how many we can get by next month and then use the clips of whatever we have by the first of august

Edited by txt2007

Im not thinking of sending any footage or anything as I don't have a camera but I was thinking about the whole idea earlier. I don't want to seem like an asshole and I think the idea is good but it sounds like it's going to be a fairly repetitive video. I mean say there are 10 beginners out of the 30 odd (I would include myelf in this category) it's likely each 15 or 30 second clip is going to have similar pedal hop, gap or basic pivot etc as thats all most of us beginners can do. After 15mins of seeing the same moves over and over again but just by different people it may get slightly boring. I'm not saying you cannot do what your trying as it's an interesting concept. I just think it might not turn out quite how you imagined and although you may want everyone involved it may not make interesting viewing for 15mins unless there is lots of variation which probably means lots clips of the better riders.

A solution to this may be to try an organize what each person is doing, maybe say a few people doing gaps to front, some drops, the better riders maybe doing some nose hops and g turns etc, I hope you see what I'm trying to say basically the more variations of moves the more interesting the video.

Good luck with whatever the outcome!

Dan

Edited by dandadude

^^

yeah i see what you mean but i was thinking start off with begginer clips only a couple like say about 4 or 5 with a calm gentle music then mute the music and you hear a massive sqeak from someones brakes as they do some monstrous move

or another idea was to start of with someone getting ready to go on a ride then it goes into the riding the same way then mix the better riders in with the begginer riders and the bails inbetween them, also even if two poeple did the same move poeple have different styles slightly different techniques, i'm not really sure to be honest...

<<<starts of with that then at :051 it mutes and SQUEEK!

Something else that might be missing comedy factor, need a couple of clips of someone messing about like inbetween songs

what about a progression?

Everyone will want to be in the Trials forum video, so why not have some beginners at the start doing their stuff, then some mediocre guys, then insane f*ckers at the end?

Everyone will want to be in the Trials forum video, so why not have some beginners at the start doing their stuff, then some mediocre guys, then insane f*ckers at the end?

with the music getting louder and faster....

I would be up for it :)

I reckon you should look at the likes of phil pheeneys and rich pearsons video for inspiration as they seem to have hit the nail on the head. Music is good, but a long instrumental peice of music would be more fitting I think, I would think no music is better than 30 different music genres and songs etc!

If this is to be done, one person with alot of time should edit it and everyone should sent raw cam footage to them because 30 different editting styles is confusing and can make the video seem unprofessional etc...

If this is to be done, one person with alot of time should edit it and everyone should sent raw cam footage to them because 30 different editting styles is confusing and can make the video seem unprofessional etc...

word. But raw footage...to send over msn...

ouch :P

word. But raw footage...to send over msn...

ouch :P

Aye, specially with all these HD cameras appearing from nowhere! Would have to agree on some format/file type/size, I'm not to clued up with computers or formats etc so couldn't say much more :P.

Yeah i got no idea about the techy side of it i'll probably be doing a bit of filming on friday get a nice group ride footage, i didnt know what was raw footage untill like yesterday but i took it for granted people would leave their clips un edited...

get them onto trials tube to make it for easy downloading for who evers editing, would be nice to have it's own folder to upload to?

Just set up an FTP server: Win.

Good plan Batman, if Tom/Danny make it a bit more official, then they could set one up, if not I got somewhere I could put one, or we could just use http://www.designftp.com/

Im in. I'll whack my clips on trialstube and whoever's ediitng can donwload from there :)

That would work, as long as it's all uncompressed.

Get Johnny jones to edit it?

And id be game.

Jonny has a full time job and probs wouldn't have that much spare time to do it.

First Clip, shotgun bang

Reload BANG!

:P