Can I Have A Go On Your Bike ?

gu trials

"No."

"Why not, I won't nick it?"

"I know you won't, 'cos I'm not letting you have a go."

best answer for a little chav, but if its a big b*****d something on the lines of "nah mate it's broke" normally works. tell them your wheels f**ked or something and they believe you.

But if its a drunken bloke or something i just let them have a go cause its funny, if they do decide to try and ride off on it, they aint gonna get far on 18/14 gear ratio and aint gonna be able to ride a bike with +40bb and no seat lol.

"No."

"I know you won't, 'cos I'm not letting you have a go."

My reply is usually similar to this.

Or

"Haha, nah man."

"You won't even be able to ride it."

Once a guy gave me his phone in exchange for a go on my bike, needless to say I handed him his phone back and kept hold of my bike.

"oi mwate! gis a blast of tha!"

"no you're alright"

"why not? 'ked?"

"cos its mine"

the not being able to ride is good one, cos usually they say "ohh yeah la, i actually did that bmx shit for 7 years..."

if its a big b*****d something on the lines of "nah mate it's broke" normally works.

But if its a drunken bloke or something i just let them have a go cause its funny,

Boy knows where it's at!

Last time i was up riding street in worthing there was some homeless guy that started talking to me about my steed. Asked if he could have a go (was a wee bit drunk) He just wheelied it everywhere! Was quite strange because he gave me his dog while he was on it :S

All depends on what the general situation is imo.

the only time ive ever said yes(a long long time ago), was to a guy who Id been chatting to for ages and seemed pretty decent ... he tried to steal it - but couldnt get up enough speed on it ... :lol:

So Answer always is

"NO"

why not ?

"I dont let anyone else ride my bike"

Only got asked once, funnily enough it was in Wimbledon on an Underground station. Some chap came up to me, gave me his mobile, wallet and asked if he could have a go. I let him, he started doing pedalkicks, pivots etc. later on it turned out he used to ride trials many years ago. Haven't been asked since but I wouldn't give my bike to anybody but a mate.

the only time ive ever said yes(a long long time ago), was to a guy who Id been chatting to for ages and seemed pretty decent ... he tried to steal it - but couldnt get up enough speed on it ... :lol:

So Answer always is

"NO"

why not ?

"I dont let anyone else ride my bike"

You let me ride it!

Does that mean you love me?

"oi mwate! gis a blast of tha!"

"no you're alright"

"why not? 'ked?"

"cos its mine"

the not being able to ride is good one, cos usually they say "ohh yeah la, i actually did that bmx shit for 7 years..."

thats something else. how do all trials bikes look like bmx's apart from there small ?

some little chav jumped on my mates when we were eating lol he was about 4 ft on a t-rex (1080), needless to say it was too long and the brakes were too sharp, pulled front brake and next thing you know he slips off pedals, smashes his shin and cracks his balls aha. i was laughing all way home little kids dad came out and tried chasing us.

Ever since... the answer has been NO!!!

Funny as though.

I had a very funny experience the other day i was riding the local park at about 11 at night and a chav came up to me did the usual said "oh you can take my phone" which is likely to be stolen anyway.

Then he said "im not going to steal your bike i have only just stole this one"

I just said "If you have just stolen that one im deffiantely not goin to let you, you have more chance of taking a crap on the queens face than you do of getting a go on my bike."

Just tell them "you have more chance of taking a crap on the queens face than you do of getting a go on my bike" and it normally confuses them enough that they go away.

Tom

I had a very funny experience the other day i was riding the local park at about 11 at night and a chav came up to me did the usual said "oh you can take my phone" which is likely to be stolen anyway.

Then he said "im not going to steal your bike i have only just stole this one"

I just said "If you have just stolen that one im deffiantely not goin to let you, you have more chance of taking a crap on the queens face than you do of getting a go on my bike."

Just tell them "you have more chance of taking a crap on the queens face than you do of getting a go on my bike" and it normally confuses them enough that they go away.

Tom

its not always chavs that ask me its anybody that sees us. like little kids(4-8) and mostly chavs or people who are ill in the head :S

I will let people i know from the skatepark on my bike, but any chavs I say "no, you are not going any where near my bike" even in they are a big bas***d.

I let a drunk guy have a go once, he rode in a circle and then fell off.

One of my mates has his brakes the other way round. He calls it "cave proof" so when they ride of on it they pull the front break thinking that it is the back brake and go over the bars. It also stops all of us using it.

genious, i used to do that before i rode trials.

My mate used to have a go at me. Apparently the brakes work worse.

except, most of the world have them the other way round.

Stephen Fry said something on QI that would make a good answer:

"Can i have a go on your bike?"

"the short answer, is No.

The long answer is, HELL NO!"

haaa.

Edited by Revolver

haha...this happens to me alot here...mostly because the chinese people have never seen a trial bike before.

they always ask me and i fully understand what they are saying...but i just say "i dont understand what your saying" back in chinese before riding off.

plus...my bike is worth a year of their salary...so theres no chance im letting them go on it.

but i have let some people ride it...its funny when they TRY to jump...normally just lift the front wheel up before faceplanting.

i also have back brake lever on right side...which is opposite to what everyone else rides...so its funny to see them pull down hard on the front brake lever with them thinking its the back...and having a hydraulic disc brake means they normally go over the handle bars.

good times....