Why Can't Dyslexic People Learn To Spell...

JonMack

Is there a speaking kinda thing? When I sing songs, or talk generally I always muddle up the first letters to two different words, like I would say 'Wucking Fanker', and it really starts to annoy me when i'm in general conversation. This is totally different now, but I always forget what i'm saying. I, quite often, get halfway through a simple sentence and just forget what i'm saying, but obv. not as bad as a stammer..Just like a lesser version...

Edited by James-M

Yer I'm 1 of dem dislexik retardz. I refuze to spell right yer?

I am dyslexic, I spell quite well these days. Some words I spell waaay out, occasionally. Just through practice. Usually spell checker on here actually, get sick of having to go for the mouse to use spell checker, so out of laziness I learnt to spell.

I'm dyslexic but only found out end of year 11. It's never really been a problem, I just read way too many books.

Yeah me too, but I can count the number of books I've read from cover to cover on one hand (all though this is difficult being dyslexic). Just don't interest me at all.

Yeah me too, but I can count the number of books I've read from cover to cover on one hand (all though this is difficult being dyslexic). Just don't interest me at all.

Oh, without sounding big-headed, I'm shit hot at maths, but not from trying. I just happen to be one of the lucky f**ks that is natural at maths:).

I always said I was a bit dyslexic due to the fact I could never really read well. Can't do basic maths, grammer is pretty poor too. BUt I'v never had the reason to read a book cover to cover. Not even for english or anything.

I can work out change okay, does help working in a bar. But I always hit the change button. Its quite embarrasing not knowing basic maths and stuff. when I have a brother getting a* as school. and coming home with 90% on uni course works!

Supose that could be my down fall.. Just trying to please everyone but myself!

oh im dyslexic too, (another addition) even have the paper work to prove it!

currently struggling through uni while there are other people i know who are breezing through.

all i can say about spelling is to use the spell check! thats what its there for :P

its the grammar i don't like!

i do like using big white gaps between writing "stuff" though!

I, quite often, get halfway through a simple sentence and just forget what i'm saying

I do that all the time.

I got the number thing again. There was 8 0's.

Tell you what I do, I read prices the wrong way round. For example, today, i had a bill at £11.88. And i started to say, £88.11.

:S

I do that AAAAALLLLLLLLL the time.

Edited by Revolver

Was just reading this thread and got quite intreguied. After a while I thought back to primary school where a fair few kids had Dyslexia and most of them wore glasses with coloured lenses. Is this linked in anyway or am I thinking of something else, if so what did the glasses do?

Cheers, Jake

f**k me, I don't believe how many of you have never read a book or basically don't read books...

I've read 1 book ever and wouldn't say it has had any negative affect on anything i do to be honest... and for the record it was "Woof!" that tv show where the boy turns in to a dog? I read the book version of that.

oh and on a side note, you read things pretty much everyday on the internet =p and i guess i do read the newspaper a lot and to be honest.

Edited by Spacemunkee

To be honest, I didn't read much by choice when I was a bit younger. We did read books in school though which seems to be a sadly alien concept these days... However, I have started to read a lot more, possibly starting when I read the first few Harry Potters (:P). I'm quite selective in what I read though, tending towards motorcycle travel books and the like. Also read the Phillip Pullman 'His Dark Materials' trilogy, Lee Child's 'Jack Reacher' novels and stuff like that. I'm definitely a book reading convert now though.

Was just reading this thread and got quite intreguied. After a while I thought back to primary school where a fair few kids had Dyslexia and most of them wore glasses with coloured lenses. Is this linked in anyway or am I thinking of something else, if so what did the glasses do?

Cheers, Jake

I thought they were something to do with being dyspracsic or something where you cant judge distances? It may often go hand in hand with Dyslecsia though i have no idea.

To be honest, I didn't read much by choice when I was a bit younger. We did read books in school though which seems to be a sadly alien concept these days... However, I have started to read a lot more, possibly starting when I read the first few Harry Potters (:P). I'm quite selective in what I read though, tending towards motorcycle travel books and the like. Also read the Phillip Pullman 'His Dark Materials' trilogy, Lee Child's 'Jack Reacher' novels and stuff like that. I'm definitely a book reading convert now though.

Peter F Hamilton's Knights Dawn trilogy is a good'un, it'll have you going for a while.