Ben Carlile

Barbara

You may remember in April this year we organised a fund-raising "Easter Bunny Hop" with 9 year old cancer victim Ben Carlile as guest of honour.

I have received a call from Ben's dad to let me know that Ben passed away peacefully in Samantha and Kevin's arms at home this afternoon, he asked that I thank everyone for everything they did to help Ben, so many many thanks to everyone who came along that day, who contacted him and visited him, helped him out at trials when he first started, sent him presents, etc. You all know who you are, and Kev and Sam are very grateful.

RIP Ben.

post-7350-1218989427_thumb.jpg

Edited by Barbara

Absolutely gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So sad news, what can one say apart from i hope you have

gone to a much better place were one day you will be back

with all your family & friends & riding your bike as awesome

as you use to!

See you again our little friend,

Sam,Tom Abi,Jo & Ian. (Y)

I have been a complete emo for the past few hours, so am literally fighting not to cry my eyes out (again) right now.

When I saw this sticky I thought it was another scammer, I can't believe we have lost another great person, I can't articulate how I feel, words won't suffice.

I don't feel 'rest in peace' is suitable, a nine year old doesn't need any rest.

To ben's family - take care. He has touched at least one person who never met him and is an inspiration. I'll keep him in mind the next time I go for a ride.

I can't believe I've only just spotted this, I almost went to the Bunnyhop, but I can't remember why i didn't go in the end.

Such a sad loss, makes me realise how lucky I am to reach my 18th!

RIP wee man.