In Need Of New Cranks

Aaron.Tottman

B)hey,

Riding around with a couple of other riders the other weekend,

let shaun hook ride my bike and he pointed out that my left crank is cracked.

i spent bout £130 on my tensile's (uci, 20t bash) and they've lasted for bout 3years nerly but the crack is getting bigger.

what are people using for that price range and what would you recomend i go for and why?!?

also what length of crank are people using. i'm using 170mm at the mo but i don't know but I think that they might be too long!!!

cheers

AaRoN

B)hey,

i spent bout £130 on my tensile's (uci, 20t bash) and they've lasted for bout 3years nerly but the crack is getting bigger.

what are people using for that price range and what would you recomend i go for and why?!?

also what length of crank are people using. i'm using 170mm at the mo but i don't know but I think that they might be too long!!!

cheers

AaRoN

hello there, erm i would recomend the onza muccle men there good and there extremly stong.

I remember Shaun broke his too, blame him, it's the easiest way.

But aside from that, Middleburn's all the way. If you are running a freehub/ rear freewheel that is.

Lifetime warranty against downhill, jumping, trials etc. Spares easily available. Your looking at about £150 for arms, bash, sprocket and fixings/ bolts.

Available in 16/ 18/ 20/ 22 tooth with bash.

OR Echo CNC's are very popular.

I'd stick 170mm to be honest. It gives a decent drive i find.

Cheers guys,

don't think that i can afford the middleburns although verrrrRRRY temptin'. i'm running ISIS so there more like £165.

what do people think of adament's CNC cranks? or dose any one own a pair?

the more i lokk though i'll prob' get echo.

don't know yet!!!

AaRoN

I'd never had bought them, but now I have them I have to say Middleburns! I think I have the Super Pro Trials ones, the older ones with the 16t TI bash, and they are really well machined and finished, and so stiff! I don't think I have ever ridden stiffer cranks.

echo 6061 forged isis/square taper cranks

most people i do trials with have them the are cheapish and descent i prefer them because i run ff (forward freewheel) come in isis and square taper £50 last i heard off

although if your running sprocket get middleburns ive only heard good things about them (on this forum i mean i dont no anyone who owns them)

hope ive helped jarvis (Y)

B)hey,

cheers

AaRoN

Yes I know what you mean you don’t want to spend too much money on cranks my mates got some onza muscle men cranks and they are solid and usually get 170mm which would be good but yes I would go for some onza muscle man my mate has got some and there good and extremely stronger like jjbarret says they are.

Mike

Yes I know what you mean you don’t want to spend too much money on cranks my mates got some onza muscle men cranks and they are solid and usually get 170mm which would be good but yes I would go for some onza muscle man my mate has got some and there good and extremely stronger like jjbarret says they are.

Mike

I agree my freind.

Can't fault my 'burns :)

Great shape/look - check

Tried and tested, proven track record - check

Great warranty in the unlikely event of a problem - check

Splined (non retarded) interface - check

Plenty of options - check

;)

cant run front free wheel though, so i would buy the tryalls or the adamants

Edited by Ash-Kennard