Tf Car Meet

OD404

What type of meet and where?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What type of meet would you realisticly prefer?

• Car park and pub meet
    • Trackday
    • RWYB
  2. 2. Is Sunday the 5th Oct good for you?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Location?

• Brum
    • Northampton
    • Milton Keynes
    • Other - post your suggestion

Having just had a flick through the last page or so, it would seem that most people are to the south/midlands. Boumsong has suggested Birmingham and Coventry (I would say no to Cov as I used to live there and can't think of any worthwhile places to hold the meet), and I shall throw in Northampton and Milton Keynes. I know of good pubs in both towns that have ample parking and good driving close by. The Mk location is also quite picturesque for anyone wanting pics.

I will edit the poll to include the date and location suggestions so if people could vote on those we can set this meet up pretty soonish :)

It won't let me vote, But I'm up for the 5th and Milton Keynes.

Yeah same, seems I'm clearly a forum poll noob :P

EDIT: And those that have voted "no" for the date and "other" for the location; a post suggesting a new date or place would be helpful...

Sunday the 5ths good, and MK's not tooo bad distance for me, except theres no good rought. I'd be well up for it as long as its worth the trip, i.e. not just a couple of hours of sitting around looking at cars. Would need to be all day really, and a pretty apealing location.

I can't do that date, all booked up in October! November would be best for me :)

That's cool, we'll just have it without you :P

In all seriousness though it seems that MK is the preferred option, just, and I'm going to disregard those who voted "other" because they haven't bothered to suggest another meeting place or comment as to why they voted that way (i.e too far south, not south enough etc). The date on the other hand is more of an issue.

I've also realised that Japshow is on on the 5th Oct so I'd prefer to go to that if at all possible (need to cheer on the RE:WORX rx8 drag car), so I will take the suggestions on November and say how about the 2nd Nov at MK?

That's cool, we'll just have it without you :P

In all seriousness though it seems that MK is the preferred option, just, and I'm going to disregard those who voted "other" because they haven't bothered to suggest another meeting place or comment as to why they voted that way (i.e too far south, not south enough etc). The date on the other hand is more of an issue.

I've also realised that Japshow is on on the 5th Oct so I'd prefer to go to that if at all possible (need to cheer on the RE:WORX rx8 drag car), so I will take the suggestions on November and say how about the 2nd Nov at MK?

haha, thanks!

I think i'm going to be at Santa Pod with the Rallye Register that weekend, but there's nothing stopping me nipping out to meet you guys for lunch on the sunday.

I'm just picking dates out of the air here, if another would be better for you, just post it up :)

I realise we might not be able to please everyone on this, but hopefully we can get a good enough turn out that this might become a regular thing (every few months or so) with different venues to try and include more people from the further reaches of the country.

Any date / time is good for me, so long as it's a weekend really.

As for location, Milton Keynes is slightly too far for me, I'm over 200 miles away... if I could afford it I would. - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sadd....887695&z=7

As has been said though, I think if a small get-together comes out of this, no matter when or where, then it gets the ball rolling for future meets, and location / dates / times can vary more :)

MK sounds good even though my car is nowhere as good as most people's on here but nevertheless its just a TF car meet.

as for roads, there are a few good bypasses which are great for doing a quick run on. (aylesbury bypass) etc.

gives me a good excuse to come home from uni too. :turned:

steve

I'm hopefully somewhere in Europe, hopefully, will let you know though.

How come next date is a month after though? I'm all for notice periods, but heh. :P

Because a number of people have stated they can't do October full stop. And spill the beans on this Europe trip... :P

4 of my mates are staying at a villa in the South coast of spain at end of September, so really thinking about starting to drive down there a day or two before, stop off at places on the way, sleep in car, take in the sights, photoshoot opportunity's, spend a day and a night with them, drive across to Monaco to experience it, get the location of that driving round that Top Gear found in the alps, and go home via that.

Currently the fuel bill is killing plans, but going to talk it over with mates tonight see if its a good idea of mine or if i'm pipe dreaming. If it happens i need to book channel tunnel as soon as, so hopefully deciding this week.

Just want to do something sort of random, just go out and do it kind of thing. Anyway, off topic, i'm good for any other date if i don't go, otherwise i'm free on the 5th.

Whoa! UK to southern coast of Spain and then on to Monaco and the Alps, you're mad! On my trip back in April we wanted to do Northern Italy and Monaco but we thought it was too much as we were already doing France, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands.

Oh and the 2nd October is good for me Steve, by the way that date is also a RWYB day at Pod (I think), so for anyone interested there's that to do afterwards.

Oh and the 2nd October is good for me Steve, by the way that date is also a RWYB day at Pod (I think), so for anyone interested there's that to do afterwards.

I guess you mean 2nd November :P

Simon, that's a pretty mental route, don't think I could ever afford that! My road trip to Le Mans the other month was fun enough, reckon yours would be an EPIC time!

Milton Keynes would be awesome.

There's a pretty long straight near Newport Pagnell, stretch of D/C, roundabout to roundabout, no cameras. Everyone usually blasts up and down there after the cruise on Sunday nights...

Lots of lights and interesting looking buidings and places for pictures...

Milton Keynes would be awesome.

There's a pretty long straight near Newport Pagnell, stretch of D/C, roundabout to roundabout, no cameras. Everyone usually blasts up and down there after the cruise on Sunday nights...

Lots of lights and interesting looking buidings and places for pictures...

straights are for wussies :P we need some super twisty.....twisties! :D

This weekend was pretty much a mini tf car meet down at prawns, haha. Was a really good weekend with the exception of one unfortunte incident. And good to see nicks mini again.

n516357730_715289_4241.jpg

Mini (with best gearbox noise ever)= Broomer

A3 (left) = Prawn Mobil

A3 (right) = Frenchie's wagon

A4 = Bigman's Bus

M3 (Behind mini) = Prawn Mobil 2

Golf (in background) = Moggles chariot

n516357730_715294_5992.jpg

Mini = Prawn rocket

Golf = Mine (Can actually see it)

A4 (old skool) = Papa Prawn

n516357730_715282_1571.jpg

200SX = Custard Dave

Rocco = RobinJI

Took more but silly camera ruins photos. Basically some of these cars might be at the meet. My golf prob wont as i may join prawn.

Regards