Triton Deema 9.1 Kg (updated - Now 8.88kg)

forteh

Looks great that, thanks for uploading onto IS. Really impressed with how light it is. As far as I can see, it's an almost no-compromise bike meaning you haven't just bought the lightest bits that in the long run make riding a nuisance (constant flats for example). Mine currently weighs in at 9,94kg, going to get it down to 9,17 with ease as soon as the Echo SL shipment is in. Then it gets tough since the weight gains are small and require replacing with very expensive ti/cf parts.

Nice!

Looks great that, thanks for uploading onto IS. Really impressed with how light it is. As far as I can see, it's an almost no-compromise bike meaning you haven't just bought the lightest bits that in the long run make riding a nuisance (constant flats for example). Mine currently weighs in at 9,94kg, going to get it down to 9,17 with ease as soon as the Echo SL shipment is in. Then it gets tough since the weight gains are small and require replacing with very expensive ti/cf parts.

Nice!

There are a couple of compromise parts, the king is standard but untill I snap the axle it will stay standard and the aluminium driveshell is ok with wide based sprockets. The single ply rear tyre is also an unknown, Im going to be testing it but Im not a big rider so I expect it may well be ok.

The biggest weight saving has been ditching the rear tyre and rim, swapping from 2.5 dual ply high roller/tryall rim/normal tube to 2.35 single ply minion/drilled dx32 saved me 650g in one hit and is easily the most cost effective weight saving device :D

I may still need to put a heavier tube in the rear but Ive been out on it for a few hours and havent pinched yet, I will be taking a spare HD tube with me on tomorrows brum ride though ;)

Ive yet to put any ti bolts on the bike, still trying to justify shelling out 50 quid to save 50g on bolts, I need to find a ti bolt through rear skewer and maybe a hope ultralight front hub to shave another 150g off and take her to sub 9kg :)

that is very very nice, hope it rides well something about the frame makes it seem very very long, looks good and thin.

Hope it helps you fly.

Its a 1085 wheebase so not super long, think the thinner tubing adds to the effect as you say.

Take a look at some Echo SL parts - front hubs, SL 4bolt forks and Echo brakes. I'm not sure how much vees weigh but a front Echo brake with pads and mounts will be around 250g.

You could also go with radial lacing and some light spokes (according to my mate lightest ones that are of any use in trials weigh 135g). Could also consider a Trialtech stem, these weigh a silly 155g.

edit: As for Ti skewers, I'd stay away from these. They're really light but don't have much clamping force. And as is the case wit Ti bolts, the heads round off really easily. So that + M4 allen key socket = fail on rear wheel and minor inconvenience on the front wheel. It's actually better to use aluminum bolts where strength isn't a necessity.

Edited by Inur

Take a look at some Echo SL parts - front hubs, SL 4bolt forks and Echo brakes. I'm not sure how much vees weigh but a front Echo brake with pads and mounts will be around 250g.

You could also go with radial lacing and some light spokes (according to my mate lightest ones that are of any use in trials weigh 135g). Could also consider a Trialtech stem, these weigh a silly 155g.

Ive purposefully made it a non deng bike so I can hardly put echo sl parts on there can I? :P

If I find a hope ultralight I shall probably radial the front wheel when I build it. The V weighs about 250g or there abouts (maybe alittle more cos of the coustsinks) so buying a complete new brake for a couple of grams isnt really sensible. The bars and stem can lose some weight, but until Im feeling flush they can wait (the car just cost me the fat end of 500 quid and Im decorating my house >_< )

Ooh, one of these bad boys?

hope%20mono%20front.jpg

I seem to recall someone needing to get rid of one in here ;)

You sire are a b*****d, making me spend money :P

32h black non disk? How heavy isnt it? :D

Cant help with a 36h hub for you mines 32 :(

@inur, so I would be better off going for a ti skewer than bolt through? I was originally looking at the controltech bolt throughs as I think they use a 5mm allen key. HD axle and funbolts would be ideal but as I said, until I snap my axle or one comes up dirt cheap ;)

@inur, so I would be better off going for a ti skewer than bolt through? I was originally looking at the controltech bolt throughs as I think they use a 5mm allen key. HD axle and funbolts would be ideal but as I said, until I snap my axle or one comes up dirt cheap ;)

You might want to ask somebody who uses a bolt through on the rear but certainly a front one with an M4 head is not good enough. I mean it's ok, but very often when I take the wheel out and put it back in, it has to re-align itself in the forks once you start using it. This just shows that the wheel actually moves around in the dropouts even when it's bolted down.

You might want to ask somebody who uses a bolt through on the rear but certainly a front one with an M4 head is not good enough. I mean it's ok, but very often when I take the wheel out and put it back in, it has to re-align itself in the forks once you start using it. This just shows that the wheel actually moves around in the dropouts even when it's bolted down.

I used to have difficulty with my front wheel moving out of straight when I had a disk, tried every combination of skewer/hub/bolt in and it always moved, only solution was to put new forks on and its been fine since. I think its going to be something I have to try and if it doesnt work then Ill use the bolt ons on my santacruz :)

get a SS frame of those, 116mm rear hub and get it to 9Kg....

it's very nice ... I'd like that bike in my home hahaha.

Dont think a 116 hub is 100g lighter than 135 ;)

Mind you Ive saved 100g off the front hub and due to save another 200g at least off the handlebars/stem so its sub 9kg now :)

Only problem is I pinched the rear tube (inevitable really) so theres a big heavy Dh tube in there right now :(

Dont think a 116 hub is 100g lighter than 135 ;)

Mind you Ive saved 100g off the front hub and due to save another 200g at least off the handlebars/stem so its sub 9kg now :)

Only problem is I pinched the rear tube (inevitable really) so theres a big heavy Dh tube in there right now :(

I was thinking in eliminating the tensioner, and getting a lighter hub. hehehe

DH rear tube??... I use a common one.

I was thinking in eliminating the tensioner, and getting a lighter hub. hehehe

DH rear tube??... I use a common one.

The tensioner weighs about 30-40g and the king hub is only about 280g; beats the 800 quid it would cost to go to modstock :D

I was using a normal tube in the back but I pinched it on a pigeon, got a maxxis welterweight now which should be alittle more hardy :)