Triton Deema 9.1 Kg (updated - Now 8.88kg)

forteh

...rear maggie is much nicer on stock than disk :)

Ive also turned into a weight weenie :$

Total weight of the bike is 9.102kg, the only modified part is the drilled dx32 and chopped rear minion

Current spec is:-

Triton Deema frame

BT f6 fork

Atomz oversize stem

32" Monty PR bars

FSA orbit extreme headset

Hope ti BB

Middleburn RS7/HSB cloud9 bash

Wellgo MG1 Ti pedals

SD7 arms/lever with coustsinks

Maggie slaves/RB lever with cnc reds

Mavic xc717 (smooth) laced onto hope xc with sapim DB spokes

Drilled DX32 (light grind) laced onto king discotech with sapim DB spokes

IRC mythos xc front/minion 2.35 single ply rear

Rides so effortlessly :)

DSC00425.JPG

DSC00426.JPG

DSC00427.JPG

DSC00428.JPG

DSC00423.JPG

Thought I would make a new topic rather than update the old one a third time >_<

Edited by forteh

Looks hot dude, good work!

Is this the same frame that's been all over the place?

If you need another set of those forks give me a shout ;)

2nd owner from new, thechink got it years ago and rode it for about 4 hours, the frame is spotless* :)

Will bear you in mind about the forks, I really like them, this set came from bigman, theyre nice and light yet stiff enough for me.

*apart from a couple of small scrapes on the armour plate under the downtube which I put there :$

Pics not working again :( Imageshack anyone?

Very impressive weight. I'm going to get mine a bit lighter when the Echo SL parts are in but I'll only be saving about 1kg from the front end which doesn't make much of a difference when riding. It's the rear wheel/bb area that's so important. Should be interesting to see how much it weighs once it's done though.

Ah sounds good - I know there was at least one that went round a few people and always seemed to be tip top (I believe Dan Jones had it at one point)

How are you finding it geo-wise? Ride as you'd like it to?

My old Triton's been round the block a bit haha. I think Jamie Pedrosa's has seen a few locations as well

That ones looking sweet dude!! Oh and I'd suggest putting a booster on the frame mate, the flex in the rear end (being titanium) might cause it to crack without one.

Edited by NBRCycles

This bike IS the sex! Pretty beasty to look at, but to ride its something else!

Your still going to have to make me one of them tensioners matey!! I think me attempting one would end in epic failure!

Like Ben said, you comming Brum on Saturday? Looking like it might be alrite!

Lush ride!!

Owen

Oh and I'd suggest putting a booster on the frame mate, the flex in the rear end (being titanium) might cause it to crack without one.

Don't be silly it will add weight :-

Seems a bit stupid all this weight weenie shit, get to the f**king gym.

The frame is nice, the bike looks like one big mish mash if i'm honest though...

Well trials mainly relies on fast twitch muscles, which you can only work out by doing plyometrics, but I guess if you became physically stronger it would make it easier to lift your bike, but then not all the top riders are huge muscular guys.

EDIT: I find riding a lighter bike is more enjoyable than riding a heavy one, I also have more confidence in my bike than any other bike I've ridden because of my choice of parts, I don't think I've met anyone that doesn't like how my bike rides, even when stock riders get on it they enjoy riding it, because it's light, short, and flicky, which is much more enjoyable than riding a f**king long ass tank of a bike.

Edited by Mark King

Yea not the nicest looking bike but for being pimp ass riding a Ti frame ill give it to you!

I remember riding those front tires!! used to slash the fuuck out of them sidewalls all the time but kept buying them because they were so light lol. back in the day.lol

The bike could be lighter aswell man. I ran the cloud 9 for a while and changed to a middleburn ti bash and the bike felt so much lighter! What a difference it made. Having less chain and a smaller cog on the back lightened it up a bit too.

I agree on the booster front. I cracked my base frame around the seat tube because I didnt run a booster. Grab a trialtech carbon jobbie and youll be laughing!! would be a total whalap to the under carage if you cracked that beast!!

Good to see your running a dx32, iv only heard good things about those rims. (Y)

My old Triton's been round the block a bit haha. I think Jamie Pedrosa's has seen a few locations as well

That ones looking sweet dude!! Oh and I'd suggest putting a booster on the frame mate, the flex in the rear end (being titanium) might cause it to crack without one.

Im still debating a small booster, when I put a control 4bolt on there the brake was shockingly bad, no bite or hold. Think Ive still got an old carbon 2 bolt maggie booster floating that Ill test :)

Given the naturally elastic nature of titanium Im not too worried about it cracking, my old zoo boa cracked on the seatstay (probably from no booster) but that was aluminium which fatigues like a bitch when flexed. Even so, I crack the frame its not too much of a hardship getting it re-welded.

Seems a bit stupid all this weight weenie shit, get to the f**king gym.

I did used to agree with you, but as said if you have a lightweight frame its a shame to hang heavy bits off it. Im plenty strong enough already and only built a lightweight bike because I had a light frame and because I could afford to :)

However I havent modified the components at all, no drilling/filling/cutting apart from the rear rim.

I find riding a lighter bike is more enjoyable than riding a heavy one, I also have more confidence in my bike than any other bike I've ridden because of my choice of parts, I don't think I've met anyone that doesn't like how my bike rides, even when stock riders get on it they enjoy riding it, because it's light, short, and flicky, which is much more enjoyable than riding a f**king long ass tank of a bike.

I had a go on dk's bike in brum the other week and its fecking unrideable for me - feels so heavy, slow and bargelike :D

He had a go on my bike and

[smug mode]indeed i was correct :)[/smug mode]

pfft :kiss:

Just for inur, imageshack hosting :)

dsc00425fz6.th.jpg

dsc00426cq4.th.jpg

dsc00427mp1.th.jpg

dsc00428cy6.th.jpg

dsc00423cf4.th.jpg

I remember riding those front tires!! used to slash the fuuck out of them sidewalls all the time but kept buying them because they were so light lol. back in the day.lol

The bike could be lighter aswell man. I ran the cloud 9 for a while and changed to a middleburn ti bash and the bike felt so much lighter! What a difference it made. Having less chain and a smaller cog on the back lightened it up a bit too.

I agree on the booster front. I cracked my base frame around the seat tube because I didnt run a booster. Grab a trialtech carbon jobbie and youll be laughing!! would be a total whalap to the under carage if you cracked that beast!!

Good to see your running a dx32, iv only heard good things about those rims. (Y)

Had that tyre for years, I picked it up from my old lbs for nowt as it was sitting in their scrap tyre pile :D

I have considered the middleburn ti bash and may get one yet, only problem is the smaller sprockets make for snap happy chains; may still test it to loose another 100g though. The booster is something to test, the brake works perfectly without it so adding a booster might reduce performance.

Gotta thank luke rainbird for the DX32, you cant find 32h versions for love nor money :( Lighter than a tryall and holds a grind better :D

Edited by forteh

Even so, I crack the frame its not too much of a hardship getting it re-welded.

Welding titanium is an absolute b*****d to do, and very few people in the world have the skills or the technology required. Ti has to be welded in very specific environments under certain gases at certain pressures. The easiest thing to do if you wanted it rewelded is send it back to Russia.

Welding titanium is an absolute b*****d to do, and very few people in the world have the skills or the technology required. Ti has to be welded in very specific environments under certain gases at certain pressures. The easiest thing to do if you wanted it rewelded is send it back to Russia.

I know several people who can weld ti ;)

Apparantly its much the same as stainless steel, the bonus is Im pretty sure it isnt so finicity about HAZ due to the fact it melts at a far higher temperature than steel or aluminium.

Had that tyre for years, I picked it up from my old lbs for nowt as it was sitting in their scrap tyre pile :D

I have considered the middleburn ti bash and may get one yet, only problem is the smaller sprockets make for snap happy chains; may still test it to loose another 100g though. The booster is something to test, the brake works perfectly without it so adding a booster might reduce performance.

Gotta thank luke rainbird for the DX32, you cant find 32h versions for love nor money :( Lighter than a tryall and holds a grind better :D

Edited by Ross McArthur

Though i have never heard of the brake loosing performance when a booster was fitted? Very strange.... anyone like to explain this to me please??

http://www.bikedock.com/posit/shop/product...2Fposit%2Fshop%

Alex rims a plenty.

If the brake is too stiff the pads cant bite, the brake uses the flex of the frame (in addition to the force through the lever) to really dig the pads in and bite :)

With the 4 bolt booster on the triton the brake is appalling :( (and heavier :D )

Will remember bike dock if I want a new dx32, you could have pointed that out to me a couple of weeks ago :P

If the brake is too stiff the pads cant bite, the brake uses the flex of the frame (in addition to the force through the lever) to really dig the pads in and bite :)

With the 4 bolt booster on the triton the brake is appalling :( (and heavier :D )

Will remember bike dock if I want a new dx32, you could have pointed that out to me a couple of weeks ago :P

Sorry man my crystal ball has been on holiday. :P

Yea the brake thing...Still doesnt make sense to me. The way I see it is, if the frame flex's, the lever pulls further into the bar making the brake feel spongy. Thats one of the reasons why metal baking bads were designed is it not?...Brakes were feeling spongy because the plastic backings were flexing/braking.

The stiffer the brake set up the more power transfer through the lever to pistons to the pads against the rim. Well thats the way I see it anyway. Im actually sitting pushing my finger through my other finger and thumb on my other hand trying to think about how this can be right..I let my finger and thumb have 'flex' and the single finger passes through easy. I hold my finger and thumb solid/stiff with no flex and its harder for my single diget to pass through, like a rim through a brake! :giggle:

Man, im not preaching anything to you, just so you know. You obviously know what your on about, im just giving my opinion. :)

I always believed you needed a brake booster until I took it off, and holy shit me brakes working better than it ever did :)

Im not too sure on the mechanics of it but it seems to work if there is alittle flex in there.

Cool man if it works it works....im very intregued now though. Im off to start a thread. lol