Tf Motorbike Meet

mr_malcolm

just saw the car meet thread and i think there is a fair few of us on here that ride so i thought i would see if any one would be up for it?

just an idea atm, but if any one is interested we can see what happens?

seeing as i only live in cosham we'll have to meet up someday

So that us cars have something to aim for? :P I jest hehe.

I know you're only joking, but it's still f**king jokes when bellends in cars don't look and pull out on bikers. If I wasn't confident on my motorbike, this week I could have easily had 4/5 fatal crashes because the dumb f**ks don't look when pulling out. It angers me so so so much.

All you guys that ride bikes should save your pennies & get across the water for the 2009 TT in June.

That's a bikers meet that definately won't be short on numbers :)

Guy Martin will be riding the new Yam R1 - And it's got a Pink frame!

Return trip on the IoM Steam Packet Ferry with your bikes, few nights camping at Douglas Rugby club or at the back of the TT grandstand next to all the teams motorhomes, beer / food money & the best motorcycle action you'll ever see.

Need I say any more? - Get it done.

Bit OTT Fish.... not being funny but bell-ends in cars is all part of riding bikes... If someone pulls out on your when your on a bike its hardly a f**king supprise and all bikers know the risks whenever they step onto a bike. Hence why ive stepped off the bike into a car.

You know what, in my time riding on the roads, i hardly ever came across drivers that weren't looking etc. No idea why, but i never had many close calls at all.

Living in an area where at the time i have to be at school the average time is about 50 minutes, instead of the 15 minutes it should take the roads are madness, people rushing, cutting in sideroads to the right everywhere to get to the coast road which has less traffic, popping out of junctions without looking to gain a valuable 2 seconds, impatiant people weaving in and out of traffic....

I would say i average 10 twats whenever i ride the journey

All you guys that ride bikes should save your pennies & get across the water for the 2009 TT in June.

That's a bikers meet that definately won't be short on numbers :)

Guy Martin will be riding the new Yam R1 - And it's got a Pink frame!

Return trip on the IoM Steam Packet Ferry with your bikes, few nights camping at Douglas Rugby club or at the back of the TT grandstand next to all the teams motorhomes, beer / food money & the best motorcycle action you'll ever see.

Need I say any more? - Get it done.

Im fairly sure me and a couple of mates will be over! Hope im able to take my push bike with though :)

As for the bike meet... seems a good idea

ive seen loads of people pull out on bikes, of which one motorcyclist couldnt move out of the way in time. infact it was seeing that crash that made me stay off the road bike route for the time being. cars are equally as dangerous but at least theres some metal to cushion the impact if a crash does happen, the car that pulled out was a landrover discovery, all it needed was a new head light!

There may be a lot of people in cars who don't give the road as much attention as they should but there's also a lot of motorcyclists that don't.

If you're willing to ride a bike on the road, yes there is reason to complain about certain road users but it's a risk you're willing to take every time you go out... obviously there's no way of really changing all the drivers out there that don't give the road their full attention so really if you're a biker, the best thing you can do is give the road your full attention, and expect the unexpected.

As for the bike meet, I'd be up for it :)