How Do I Tell My Dad?

NEONRIDER

I know this is gonna sound very stupid but I want a new frame but i got a t-mag about 6 months and im not happy with it.

My mates selling a neon and im very interested in it but i need to tell my dad.

Any ideas?

jjbarrett:)

If he lends one of your friends £500 for a bike i don't think he'd be worried about that LOL

"Dad wil you just buy me this bike my mates selling, Ill give you the money back when I get paid. Just that the bikes proper mint and hes going to sell it this other lad soon so I want to get it off him before he does! Its right good condition too, brand new frame dad"

Worked all time for me back in day, even though I never had a job. I just sed im selling something to a mate so hes going to give me money for it :)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dab

If he lends one of your friends £500 for a bike i don't think he'd be worried about that LOL

Yes I know that is true but after what aarron did to his bike(f****ed it).

Hes gone off on one saying you should be content with what you have got and all that s**t.

LOL

"Dad wil you just buy me this bike my mates selling, Ill give you the money back when I get paid. Just that the bikes proper mint and hes going to sell it this other lad soon so I want to get it off him before he does! Its right good condition too, brand new frame dad"

Worked all time for me back in day, even though I never had a job. I just sed im selling something to a mate so hes going to give me money for it :)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dab

But thats the thing i will be getting the money by selling my bmx.

and how many times have you used that excuse.

One of very few times it's right to say QFT.

And I bet he says..."But there aren't any round here...I'm too young."

well if he lives anywhere like i do, that is a fairly valid excuse. took me till me till i was 16 1/2 to get a job so i ended up completely using up my bank money on bikes lol.

well if he lives anywhere like i do, that is a fairly valid excuse. took me till me till i was 16 1/2 to get a job so i ended up completely using up my bank money on bikes lol.

Paper rounds and milk rounds? I was doing them from 12 years old and by the time I was 14 I'd built up a bike that cost me over £2000.

I'm sure the wages are alot better now than they were in 1996 when I started them. Bike bits are cheaper now too. Frames are half price compared to back then!

Much better when you pay for it out of your own hard earned cash.

before you buy the neon all i will say is check the top chain stay where the chain touches, ive had my frame a week and the chain is already worn through the frame, simply a manufactoring fualt.

It's my frame.. it chipped the paint away.. so i got a shorter BB (try-all 122.5mm) Put some celetape+chainstay protector there and its been fine ever since.. i've told him about it and showed him and he seems fine about it.

Paper rounds and milk rounds? I was doing them from 12 years old and by the time I was 14 I'd built up a bike that cost me over £2000.

I'm sure the wages are alot better now than they were in 1996 when I started them. Bike bits are cheaper now too. Frames are half price compared to back then!

Much better when you pay for it out of your own hard earned cash.

umm, there isnt a shop for three miles in each direction out here. there is actually nothing.

Edited by Ash-Kennard

umm, there isnt a shop for three miles in each direction out here. there is actually nothing.

Well im from medway the same as these two, and there is deffinatly plenty about. Nigh on everyone round here under 18 are too fussy/lazy to get a job.

If he gets a job sam, why not give him the frame and he pays you back weekly/monthly ... or do you need the money to buy a new frame for you?

Orrrrrr isit one of them things where like his dad is saying "why do you need a new frame there is nothing wrong with your one, why do you need to change the parts blash blah" i f**king hate parents like that

Well im from medway the same as these two, and there is deffinatly plenty about. Nigh on everyone round here under 18 are too fussy/lazy to get a job.

If he gets a job sam, why not give him the frame and he pays you back weekly/monthly ... or do you need the money to buy a new frame for you?

Orrrrrr isit one of them things where like his dad is saying "why do you need a new frame there is nothing wrong with your one, why do you need to change the parts blash blah" i f**king hate parents like that

Pretty much that.. and i hate weekly installments.. because i spend it as i get it and it just seems rubbish LOL :P

Plus i need the money to get my Ko back.

Edited by Sam F

My old house -

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&...=1&ct=title

4 Miles in each direction to the nearest shop.

If you want a new bike that much you'd walk/ride what you've got the distance to get the money to pay for it.

I used to walk 4 miles every afternoon, to the local "handy stores" in Medstead. I'd stack shelves from 4 till 9 to earn myself £20 a day.

I saved up for a YEAR to buy my Pashley, I thaught £600 baught the whole bike. How do you think I felt when I got the Train to Warwick to the Pashley factory with my mum to go buy the new bike i'd saved for a year to buy. How do you think I felt when found out when it was just a frame and forks ?

So I worked for another year to build it up. Theres no excuse, If you want something you've got to work for it.

Edit - HAHA, I sound like such an old man :lol: And I made a few errors :Slol

Edited by Pashley26

How do you think I felt when found out when it was just a frame and forks ?

I don't know... f'cking stupid?

But I hear what you're saying. I got a job in Tesco at 16 and worked virtually every shift of overtime I could get on to buy a proper bike, which was just over £625, although you did get wheels, brakes and everything else for the extra few quid ;)

If felt great though - to go in the shop and walk out with a bike I'd dreamed of having for months.