Xbox Or Ps3

Davetrials

I decided against getting Far Cry 2 after playing the first and discovering the single player to be incredibly terrible. Have they improved the single player over the first and if so I may be tempted.

Tam

Far Cry was good, this is better but it's a very different game, no mutants or anything everything is very 'real', a term I'll use loosely'.

But yeah, it's much better, it still feels liek far cry, but the map is incredible and the graphics are brilliant.

What I don't understand is where Farcry/Crysis/Farcry 2 fit together? I thought Crysis was basically FarCry2?

No-one does. Even Far Cry 2 isn't Far Cry 2. It's pretty different to the first one.

Far Cry and Crysis both use the CryENGINE, allthough Crysis' is substantially updated, obviously. But Far Cry 2 uses Dunia, a purpose built engine which allows them to integrate the environment, the AI, and all physics into one process.

What I don't understand is where Farcry/Crysis/Farcry 2 fit together? I thought Crysis was basically FarCry2?

Crysis is a completely different game made by the same people who made far cry 1, they use a new, heavily re-written version of the cryengine that was written specifically to be stupidly close to real life in terms of both physics and looks.

The far cry franchise got bought out by ubisoft and far cry 2 is just a slightly different version of the original engine from far cry 1 with some slightly bigger textures and some that are about the same.

Far cry 2 in general, is utterly shit. Its slow to get moving, hard to get into and theres so many annoying needless features it rounds up to being a pretty crap game. Shame really as the initial videos looked quite good. Unfortunately i don't get on with the aiming being so slow and unresponsive, the fact the guy gets so tired out the screen goes dark after running for 10-20feet and the way the enemies have magic shotguns that can kill you easily from miles away but become less accurate up close. All accuracy and damage that the weapons seem to have disappears as soon as you get your hands on them as well, making it seem very uneven.

If your wanting to spend money on a game at the minute buy dead space. Its so much better atmosphere wise and the sound aspects to the game are fricking awesome.

what is this littlebigplanet ?

i had a look at the trailer, and it just looks weird...i dont really understand what you have to do in it lol

That's what i asked. But no one fancied backing it up, so i'm guessing it's just a fad. I think it's a 2D platformer where you can interact with everything, literally everything.

It's a 2D platform in a 3D world with incredible physics.

You and your friends move around the world completing challenges and little tasks.

The big thing is the level creator, which allows users to create and build pretty much anything they want for a level, then people can download and rate it.

It should be wicked fun, and it's about the biggest title on the PS3 at the moment.

Definately go for a higher quality cable, decent gold connections all the way, even game sell them for sub £30.

It might be too late and you've already bought one but because HDMI is a digital signal, gold makes shit all difference. A HDMI cable either works or it dosen't.

An analogue cable no thats a different matter.....

QUOTE (Joey B @ Oct 28 2008, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It might be too late and you've already bought one but because HDMI is a digital signal, gold makes shit all difference. A HDMI cable either works or it dosen't.

An analogue cable no thats a different matter.....

I was gonna say the same. All our HDMI equipment in the lounge uses wilkos £5 cables :D

I was gonna say the same. All our HDMI equipment in the lounge uses wilkos £5 cables :D

I used to use HDMI on my 360..

I had a £10 cable which done the job.. Then a few months later I got a £35 cable and the difference was noticable straight away.. It's worth spending a lil bit more for better quality graphics / picture.

I know use component again though, because my surround sound uses the optical connection..

I used to use HDMI on my 360..

I had a £10 cable which done the job.. Then a few months later I got a £35 cable and the difference was noticable straight away.. It's worth spending a lil bit more for better quality graphics / picture.

I know use component again though, because my surround sound uses the optical connection..

You do get how a HDMI cable works don't you?