Apple Safari Web Browser

N Roach

Hey,

http://www.apple.com/downloads

What do you lot think of the safari browser. Personally I think its great, for those that cant spell, it has a built in spell check that appears a red wiggly line under every word you have spelt wrong. Also it looks like the MAC on the screen. Biggest advantage is its very simple!

Comments?

Nathan :)

Edited by Nathan Coward

Am I allowed to hate it without even trying it? I choose that option :P.

Edit: Actually before I even download it can someone tell me if it acts like a virus on my computer like iTunes does, installing and running 3 odd processes which run all the time in the background for no good reason...

Am I allowed to hate it without even trying it? I choose that option :P.

Edit: Actually before I even download it can someone tell me if it acts like a virus on my computer like iTunes does, installing and running 3 odd processes which run all the time in the background for no good reason...

Nope.

It's FAR better and simpler than IE/Firefox and offers right click spell checking like in word.

It's genuinely very good.

Edited by Pashley26

The only thing I really like about it is the loading bar and the address bar being one thing, but other than that I'm pretty indifferent. I absolutely hate the way it uses different fonts to the rest of the world, everything appears in bold, which is a real pain in the arse when building website because quite often the text starts a new line when it doesn't in every other browser.

I absolutely hate the way it uses different fonts to the rest of the world, everything appears in bold, which is a real pain in the arse when building website because quite often the text starts a new line when it doesn't in every other browser.

Yours has to be set up wrong then. I've never had that problem and i've been using Safari for ever !

I have spell check in FF. 'Tis useful.

I thought you were going to say that. I just find the whole layout so much simpler to use. The predictive search bar is ALOT better than the Firefox one actually giving you relevant results. I no you can get similar layouts on Firefox, but my Pc is going to run safari now. Honestly dave, TRY IT :)

I have spell check in FF. 'Tis useful.

I thought you were going to say that. I just find the whole layout so much simpler to use. The predictive search bar is ALOT better than the Firefox one actually giving you relevant results. I no you can get similar layouts on Firefox, but my Pc is going to run safari now. Honestly dave, TRY IT :)

Yours has to be set up wrong then. I've never had that problem and i've been using Safari for ever !

Nope it's not, I've got the default font setting thing on the lightest setting there is, and I've fiddled with the CSS to get the font even lighter, but it's still bolder than every other browser.

A staple of Apple logic since 1976...

Stop being so cantankerous, download it and try it for a week.

Then after that week if you don't like it just go back to FF and delete it. But I'd like to think you'll find it quick easy and intuitive to use.

This is an Apple product marketed for Windows. It's not the hookey kookey shit you'd like to slate Mac's about, it's a professional alternative to the more square and technical IE and FF which offers everything you can get in both comparative applications.

Just do it (Y)

It's just a browser, let's channel our hate against TGS.

Is it just me or does Danny Mac's new video sum up what trials SHOULD be if it carried on as if natural (not forced) progression had of taken place ?

I don't understand how anybody could put up with being so confined to going 3 moves after watching and comprehending such a fresh feeling video.

(Although to some it'll just feel like a lost part of trials returning)

Is it just me or does Danny Mac's new video sum up what trials SHOULD be if it carried on as if natural (not forced) progression had of taken place ?

I don't understand how anybody could put up with being so confined to going 3 moves after watching and comprehending such a fresh feeling video.

Saying what you are saying is like you are trying to force people to ride like danny. In trials you should be able to ride how you like and how you enjoy it.

THE best trials video of the last 3/4 years. Rivals Toxicity in the realms of being fresh. I'm in love with that vid so much that I even got the bike out yesterday *shock horror* and started to dial those whips.