Bionic New Frames

ZHI_Chris

Surely the camel has not been out long enough to be a proven geometry? The bionics might ride amazingly dave! Who knows, until you try one!

Well the entire Kamel geo might not be 'proven', but 362 chainstays are used (I think) on the Kamel, Pr, Ti, Adamant, Gu, Czar, Hydroxx, MBK and Echo Lite's to name a few so having such short chainstay's just seems to be a bit random. I've ridden Andy Green's B-4 and it feels like you're going to loop out whenever you try and kick... I'm sure you'd get used to it but I don't think you'd ever be able to put as much power through the frame for gaps and the like compared to a frame with longer stays.

Well the entire Kamel geo might not be 'proven', but 362 chainstays are used (I think) on the Kamel, Pr, Ti, Adamant, Gu, Czar, Hydroxx, MBK and Echo Lite's to name a few so having such short chainstay's just seems to be a bit random. I've ridden Andy Green's B-4 and it feels like you're going to loop out whenever you try and kick... I'm sure you'd get used to it but I don't think you'd ever be able to put as much power through the frame for gaps and the like compared to a frame with longer stays.

You can counter it with a taller stem. Also a slightly lower bb will help too.

I personally prefer it that way. But i know what you mean. Least with the shorter back end, the bike rides flickier for quick lift ups. It is quite silly though as rider style and height come heavily into play. It's all in the mind really.