Caelifera Takes On The World

Dang!

Am I the only one that doesn't even know how much I have to pay?

You tell us to get organized, how can we when you haven't even given us the final information? We can't do it until you tell us what it is we're doing!

You have to organize that amongst yourselves.

Only the English are:

freaking out about having to pay something

worried about building and taking apart

taking pictures

taking video

worrying about who is going to break it first

worried about who is on their list

having trouble figuring how to get it to them.

I can understand you seeing it from this prospective, but I'd just like to point out that I for one don't mind testing it thoroughly, makeing videos, taking picture or writing reports, I'll enjoy that bit a lot! It's just that at the moment I'm trying to sort a motorbike out and money is seriously tight.

There are only a couple of riders on the list I don't totally trust and think will give it their best shot. Given the riders that are on there I think it's good you feel this way now, because you'll probably be pleasantly surprised!

From now on, let's forget all about the £70 DHL thing and move on. What I'd like to know now is:

How much will it cost to post to the UK?

Which month of the year will each of us have it in?

Can we rearrange the list so that the bashers go at the end? (I have never dented a downtube in my life, so I'd rather go towards the beginning before it gets too beaten up.)

I can understand the list being in geographical location first, but to be honest it won't make a huge difference to how much it costs. It might be the difference from £10 to send it up the road to £15 to send it to the other side of the country, but I'd much rather see the lighter riders get it first.

Let's try and stay positive and stop arguing, I for one want to see this project work!

Postage from USA to UK:

Im going to get in touch with Adam, and I have spoke to a couple of companies. The cheapest I could find was around £60 for the frame to be shipped into the UK including £500 insurance. This would be per frame. If anyone knows of any cheaper options please get in touch!

Postage in the UK:

Im going to speak to a carrier company and see if they would kind of do a contract/deal. So the frame will be collected from the person on 'x' date, and this will be the same each month. I just thought if they are going to be getting the job every month there is a chance they would possibly think about doing a deal or something along those lines. Just would mean everyone would need to have the frame ready for that date with out fail unless it would just mess the whole cycle up.

List of people interested:

Adam@TartyBikes (Lancaster) Stock

Alex Dark (Cornwall) Stock

gtburrows (Worcestershire) Stock

Tall_Rob (Kent) Stock

Ogre (Lincolnshire) Stock

Muel (Derbyshire) Stock

RossMcD (Highland) Stock

Conner Powell (Berkshire) Stock

The Goat (Ireland) Stock

Ben Beynon (Cornwall) Mod

Cadbury's (Cornwall) Mod

Lab Rat (Cornwall) Mod

Ashley-Wood (Berkshire) Mod

Dan6061 (Buckinghamshire) Mod

Ozzy (Pembrokeshire) Mod

Adam-Griffin (Ireland) Mod

This might change as I no there was some Dang! Wasn't too happy about asking to participate, however for the moment that's how it stands. If you are still interested could you just leave a comment or get in touch some how. Just seems some people posted a long time ago, and haven't replied for a while, possible lose in interest.

Months of the year available:

April: Adam@Tarty

May: GT Burrows

June: Tall_Rob + Ashley-Wood

July: Muel + Dan6061

August: Orge+ Ozzy

September: Alex Dark + Adam-Griffin

October: Connor Powell + Ben Beyon

November: RossMcD + Lab Rat

December: The Goat

I haven't seen a few of these members online, Mainly Ben Beyon + Lab Rat. Infect last thing I read what Kieran (lab rat) was looking for a stock. Are you both still interested? Jon are you wanting to be on the mod list as well?

Price per Person:

So far it would cost approximately £10 per person to get the frame into the UK. This is not including the cost of posting the frame around the UK. But I was hoping to try and strike a deal with the carriers to try and keep the price per person UNDER £20.

I don't know how people feel about me trying to organize this, if people don't want me to speak up. Just I've spoke to Dang! and now that this project means quiet a lot to him and he wants it to be kicked of in the UK. Feel free to PM me if you have any suggestions.

Ben

Edited by BenLeacock™

Let me start off by appologizing to everybody.

I got some good sleep last night and feel a lot better.

I should have rates to the UK soon with my discount. I don't know if I will be able to determine the taxes, duties, and VAT. That may not be assesed until it arrives. And also sounds like it may be up to the individual assesor to determine if they feel it needs it. It's not being sold, it shouldn't need tax. But I can't control that from here.

Also I have some unfortunate news to pass on:

It has come to my attention that HS33 brake mounts are off on the mod

I may need to bring it back in and re-do these.

The slider mechanism seems to be tougher to operate on the Mod as well.

The space is really tight getting your fingers in there.

The stock bikes seem to be right-on with both accounts...

I really thought I had that worked out, but there were slight issues with the two stock bikes that I built with H-drops as well.

hmmm.....

Bummer, hope it all gets sorted out!

Benny, can you change the list round so me and Ogre are next to each other, we were planning on making a weekend out of swapping the frames over.

Can I go earlier on than that in the list aswell? If it gets delayed (as it seems it might be) I want to have it done and sent on before September for when I go to Uni, because I won't have time when I get there! I'm also going away in the summer holidays down to Anglesey, so I'll be able to do lots of testing by the sea on the natty.

Hey everybody-

I just figured out what I did wrong with the mounts:

After determining the location of the mount for the mod frames, I realized that I had been sold the wrong tap with my Helicoil set, so I had to re-machine the mounts.

In the mean time, I re-set the jig to figure out the location of the Vee mount bracket on the stock bike and the 4-bolt mounts for the stock bikes, when I set the jig up for the mod again, I used the wrong alignment tick (there are two @ marks @ 35mm's apart) hence the reason it is so far off.

Did I mention that I am dyslexic?

Please send the frame back and I will fix it right away.

Chaloux- finish your time with it, this doesn't effect you-

If Cordy is using DD, then after he is done send it on.

If he is planning on rim brakes, send it back.

I will pick up the shipment of course and send you a label.

It's going to screw the paint up, but other than that it should take me... an hour to fix.

I have plenty more decals.

Thanks for working with me on this.

Months of the year available:

April: Adam@Tarty

May: GT Burrows

June: Tall_Rob + Ashley-Wood

July: Muel + Dan6061

August: Orge+ Ozzy

September: Alex Dark + Adam-Griffin

October: Connor Powell + Ben Beyon

November: RossMcD + Lab Rat

December: The Goat

Ben

Can I ba moved to either june or july? Im going to fort william for the comp in june so it would be the perfect time for me to have it :)

Thanks love. How come you're not testing it?

Cause im still waiting for the bloke who I made a deal with to get back to me. Im going to start looking fresh very soon I think, so won't have a bike in time.

Right scrap the idea that I'll choice the list, I'll put the months up, and you say which you want.

May - Alex Dark

June - RossMcD - Jon Mack

July - Muel

August - Ogre - Dan6061

September - Tall_Rob

October - The goat

November

December

January

February

March

April - Adam Griffin

Edit: I have PM'd Everyone with the exception of ''ozzy'' what is his forum name? The only ozzy was a pre member? People who have already got a month, I haven't bothered PM'ing you though!

Edited by BenLeacock™

Anytime in summer is best for me, as that's when my best riding goes down.

I was considering dropping out on this, but now it's all sorted, I'm glad I didn't!

So is it £10 per person? Or is that not final yet? Then when we do have it, and have to send it on, how do we do that? Just stick a pre-paid label on and go to the Post Office with it?

Anytime in summer is best for me, as that's when my best riding goes down.

I was considering dropping out on this, but now it's all sorted, I'm glad I didn't!

So is it £10 per person? Or is that not final yet? Then when we do have it, and have to send it on, how do we do that? Just stick a pre-paid label on and go to the Post Office with it?

I'll put you down for August then Dan!

The final price I am aiming at is £20, including sending the frame onto the next person. This is only a ball point figure as I haven't spoke to all shipping companies and carriers. Do you personally believe this is a fair price?

There is another Mod place open. Lab_Rat got back to me. So if your interested or no anyone that is get in touch :)

This is only a ball point figure as I haven't spoke to all shipping companies and carriers. Do you personally believe this is a fair price?

August is fine. As is £20, I was expecting more than that! I just put £10 in my above post as wishful thinking. ;)

I think JonMac wanted in on this, I'll let him know there's a space going! But if you could hold it for him, that'd be good.

First off- mad props to Ben!

The only issue I need to address is:

The mod needs to have the brakes fixed and then maybe sent back to Canada. So that's May or so-

The Stock is scheduled for Australia (two riders at this time) so that's around the same time. I am waiting to hear back from Aus. as that much money is a lot between two guys.

Cause im still waiting for the bloke who I made a deal with to get back to me. Im going to start looking fresh very soon I think, so won't have a bike in time.

Right scrap the idea that I'll choice the list, I'll put the months up, and you say which you want.

May - Alex Dark

June - RossMcD

July - Muel

August - Ogre - Dan6061

September

October

November

December

January

February

March

April

Edit: I have PM'd Everyone with the exception of ''ozzy'' what is his forum name? The only ozzy was a pre member? People who have already got a month, I haven't bothered PM'ing you though!

can i be july, muel be august?

It's just if I'm in August and the frame gets delayed (Which it seems it might well be) then the list will just move on, and I'll end up in September, and I'll probably have to drop out because I'll be busy getting settled in at Uni.

It does strike me that maybe it's a bad idea having a set list anyway, I'd be tempted just to deal with it per month or a couple of months in advance, what if someone decides to quit in a few months time?

Anyways does it really matter? If you're still coming for the weekend we can still change them over and everything and get a Buxton and Matlock ride in. (Y)

I'll be busy getting settled in at Uni.

No you really wont. When I was at uni I found myself with so much spare time, that's why I started riding trials again. Yeah the first few days I was kinda busy, but after that we didn't have proper lectures for like 3 weeks, so I just sat around doing f**k all all day every day.

If you do want another mod rider, consider me in, and Ben, I'd like it as early as possible if that's cool? June/July?