Caelifera Takes On The World

Dang!

the last three suggestions seem really viable, I think between Adam and I we can come up with what the cost will be.

As long as it is paid for then the issue is resolved.

Adam the box is 48"x8"X" Dimensional weight 19lbs.

If it is a promotional item (not for resale) will it require duties?

The additional cost of insuring it @ $700.00 is like $4.65

I will run some numbers on @ cost from Australia to you.

Please do the same.

It is all third country shipping for me once it leaves the states, but there is added security if I am the shipper (if anything should happen to

the package is automatically returned to me).

If you are "importing" it instead of receiving it, will this effect cost?

I cannot do any third country shipping from England to Ireland (don't know why).

If it is a promotional item (not for resale) will it require duties?

I will run some numbers on @ cost from Australia to you.

Please do the same.

Shouldn't do, although you know what customs are like..........

To Australia from here I get a price of around £80 / USD $116 with insurance included, we can do Ireland for £12 or £20 with insurance, UK approx £8 or £12 with insurance.

I'm still up for riding it if any mod riders drop out.

To me, this is the fairest way for the UK riders:

You find out how much it will cost to ship the frame to the first rider

You divide that number by the amount of riders who are going to be on that frame

They each pay you their share.

With regards to shipping it round the country, I think that should be the riders responsibility. As long as people aren't stupid, the box will last between riders, so we can stick to one box for each frame, if it happens to get f**ked up, then the rider should have to go to their LBS and ask for a bike box, they're not likely to turn you down.

So yeah, shipping from the US to UK is payed for by the riders equally, and then shipping between riders in this country should be the riders responsibility.

I've had 2 frames arrive to me in perfect condition which were just sent by Royal Mail standard parcel, and I've sent a frame as standard parcel which arrived fine too, so that would be fine, and it's only gonna cost about £7 to send between riders, obviously if people can deliver it because they live close, then that makes it even easier.

You find out how much it will cost to ship the frame to the first rider

You divide that number by the amount of riders who are going to be on that frame

They each pay you their share.

With regards to shipping it round the country, I think that should be the riders responsibility. As long as people aren't stupid, the box will last between riders, so we can stick to one box for each frame, if it happens to get f**ked up, then the rider should have to go to their LBS and ask for a bike box, they're not likely to turn you down.

So yeah, shipping from the US to UK is payed for by the riders equally, and then shipping between riders in this country should be the riders responsibility.

I'll agree to this (Y)

What do you mean, "arn't capable of testing the frame"? He wants it testing by normal riders because that's who it will be sold to, theres no point giving one to any top level riders, because they're far better riders than your average joe.

It looks to me like theres a really good selection of riders signed up, people who use maggy, rear disc, vees, people who are harsh, people who never get a pinch. It's the best possible way of making sure that the frame will suit the average rider out there who is going to buy it.

Very True- I am also not really looking for people to test the frame as much experience the frame.

And no pro's have posted...

The problem you'll have there is pretty well encased in the statement itself: anyone "professionally sponsored" will have their own frame to ride and can't risk upsetting their sponsors (i.e. the exact situation I'm in with MAD, otherwise I'd jump straight in and volunteer to have a crack). But there are still plenty of riders with no professional commitments who will give the frame a good seeing to. Lookin forward to seeing it around.

Rich

unexperianced riders cant test for shit, i no cos i did it when i was younger, youve just got such a hardon that you got somthing for free, that you automatically bum it, and not actually test it at all.

or maybe we aren't all a younger version of you? :S

I for one am mature enough to judge something impartially i reckon

European Countries

Adam@TartyBikes (Lancaster) Stock

Alex Dark (Cornwall) Stock

gtburrows (Worcestershire) Stock

Tall_Rob (Kent) Stock

Ogre (Lincolnshire) Stock

Muel (Derbyshire) Stock

RossMcD (Highland) Stock

Ben Beynon (Cornwall) Mod

Cadbury's (Cornwall) Mod

Lab Rat (Cornwall) Mod

Ashley-Wood (Berkshire) Mod

Conner Powell (Berkshire) Stock

Dan6061 (Buckinghamshire) Mod

Ozzy (Pembrokeshire) Mod

Adam-Griffin (Ireland) Mod

The Goat (Ireland) Stock

So who out of these is an unexperienced, young, shit rider then Dave?

Man that's nice!

Bash looks a bit weird, I'd have either cut it down, or put a Ti one on, but hey!

Has the pricing been sorted yet? I really want to test it, but don't fancy paying £70 for a frame I'd have for 4 weeks. I could buy a 2nd hand frame for that!

Any idea how much the cost will be to get it into the UK yet? I'm guessing you'll be sending both frames into the UK together of they're both going to Tarty first? Just struck me that might make it cheaper.

Aaaaaaarggghhh!

your killing me-

Honestly, I'm dumbfounded at the moment. Would you please read through some of the previous posts.

Can't you just do what I said? From experience someone sent me over a near complete bmx which cost $94, and must have weighed 15-20lbs, so for two frames you're probably looking at about $50, but I guess you'd insure it and stuff too... hmm.

Honestly, I'm dumbfounded at the moment. Would you please read through some of the previous posts.

I have read the previous posts. I read all the suggestions before putting my idea forward! But I still have no idea what's going on with it for definate really? Don't get me wrong, I can understand the difficulties, your post just sounded like you've already sorted it out, and I missed something...

I have read the previous posts. I read all the suggestions before putting my idea forward! But I still have no idea what's going on with it for definate really? Don't get me wrong, I can understand the difficulties, your post just sounded like you've already sorted it out, and I missed something...

Yeah... I've been busting my ass to make this happen and loosing a bit of sleep...

What got my goat was people keep bringing up the 70 pounds per person thing, we just need to let that go. It's over.

But you are right, nothing has been determined yet. There are some great suggestions, and I have hinted that I think they could work fine, but I need you all to determine how you are going to proceed. The cheapest I can ship the frame to England is 190 USD plus any taxes or duties.

Adam can do it cheaper, so you need to discuss it with him.

The Mod isn't going to Adam unless he wants to take on this responsibility.

Someone from your group needs to take responsibility and step up to the plate.

post-14732-1236803362_thumb.jpg

post-14732-1236803393_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dang!

Thats about £140 right between 12 of us? Which I reckon comes to about £12, then whatever we need to pay to post it to the next guy?

Sounds good to me anyway. If we put the mod in the same box as the stock would it be cheaper to post than posting the seperately? I'm guessing it woul need to be insured upto double the amount of one frame, so I'm wondering if they'll charge double to post it?

What about getting it back out of the country?

The stock and the mod will most likely be showing up at different times.

Shipping rates are based on dimensional weight first unless superseded by actual weight. The box I am shipping these in, is 19lbs dimensionally, @ 8 lbs actual.

So the combined size could make it worse?

Insurance only adds @ 5 .00 USD. per frame.

Ah right, probably best shipping seperately then.

I'm in, and I'm really loving the black one! The designs are really good. If I could afford it and was a good enough rider to know what geometry to ask for, I'd definately considor buying one.

I wouldn't mind going to about £35 for the lot, and I reckon it will cost about £10-15 to post it on to the next stop, which leaves £20-25 to get it into the country.

So looking foward to it now! Any idea of the dates?