Laptop For The Mrs Can You Help?

Bendee

You'd be surprised. Emily recently got one from PC world. She only uses it as you describe - surfing the net, msn, itunes, the odd dvd maybe. We spent £329 I think it was, a few weeks back so the prices have gone down since.

For the money its a pretty good machine and does everything she requires. The was a slightly better deal in Dixions (slightly lower spec processor but double the memory) however they were sold out at the time (and girls being girls wanted it there and then!).

True, had I gone to my usual places for getting pc related bits - Novatech, ebuyer etc I probably could have got something even better but really, for the price you can't complain!

The price of laptops have dropped dramatically over the past year or two so in that respect what ever you get will be a bit of a bargain.

Andy

(still looking for an F7P ben!)

I got mine from Tesco, was 349.99, seems pretty good for the money, its a 15.5" fujutsu-siemens amilo thingy, seems well built, light, small, screens really nice and clear and the spec's good for the money, does most things, think its 160gb hd, 2ghz dual core, 3gb ram... don't know any more than that off the top of my head.

If it's really that light usage, have you looked into netbooks, instead of a full-on laptop?

They're quite low specced, but it doesn't sound like you want a high spec.

They're REALLY small, cheap, and cool as f**k.

http://www.ebuyer.com/search?store=5&c...amp;subcat=2619

A friend of mine has one of these (not in pink :P) and they really are good.

I'd've gotten one myself - but I use it for music production, so need a better spec.

The screens ARE small, but they seem big enough... It's bizzarre.

No opticals, though. How much is it needed for movies?

Either way - have a look - I think they're really nice.