The End Of Mod Bikes As We Know Them?

Alex Dark

I bought my first trials bike myself when I was 16, so I wouldn't legally have been able to buy it. I'd imagine that making it harder for people to buy their products is the last thing most companies would want. It also wouldn't take care of the environmental impact that was mentioned earlier.

I don't think landfill is part of the issue. Although its a valid point and very true, it wont be the reason to not sell them. I personally think (well I don't its very stupid all the same but it'll solve the problem) they should use the age restriction idea. That way people can still buy bikes and hardly anyone on here will be affected.

Also, what about anodising frames? Does the pigment/dye contain lead or not? They might be alright

Who's gunna let their kid try to eat their bike though?

Most kids that'll try to do that would be young enough to need supervision, before they come a complete pain in the ass and get left to do whatever.

EDIT: Hang on, most of our bikes are just polished aluminium anyway, why does it matter? :P

Edited by Dan6061

Who's gunna let their kid try to eat their bike though?

Most kids that'll try to do that would be young enough to need supervision, before they come a complete pain in the ass and get left to do whatever.

EDIT: Hang on, most of our bikes are just polished aluminium anyway, why does it matter? :P

You would need to get yours tested just in case you got peckish though.

You'll never know what the Ford garage puts in their paint.

You'll never know what the Ford garage puts in their paint.

By the way everyone, my frame was sprayed at a Ford garage by my mate.

Why aren't they testing all painted products for lead? I'm sure if a kids dumb enough to munch on their bike, they may aswell get started on the family car too!

Because targeting kids toys is an easier way of doing it. It's a sensible law, it's just they've gone about doing it in the wrong way, not to mention classified things in a f**ktarded way.

Christophe - it's not a case of this being scaremongering, the law's been passed...

This does seem like one of those things that get's taken out of context, and it'll actually have no effect on BMX's and mod trials bikes at all, ie someone has taken the "anything under 24" wheel" and blown it out of proportion where there's pages about anything under 24" aimed at adults.

I doubt there'll be any problems, however i'm being completely ignorant because i haven't read up on the matter.

We'll just have to wait and see.