Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

Rubbish.

No seriously, i can get up and down the neck much faster, bends are easier, pull offs are easier, its just a general all round improvement.

I have never used anything on any of my guitars neck i wish i had earlier, i suppose i've saved the neck aswell.

What is it?

How do you apply it?

Its a stick of tightly rolled cloth soaked in oil.

You rub it on your strings and finger board before and after playing (Or every so often) and wipe of the excess.

It makes your strings slippery as hell and prolongs the string life.

I just realised i sound like a f**king advert but hey its really good.

http://www.themusicking.co.uk/ghs-fast-fret

It also keeps the neck in good condition and stops the fingerboard splitting.

My neck looks brand new :D.

The cloth it comes with was black when i'd finished i didn't realise i was so dirty.

I used to find it dried up really quickly at my old house. A stick would last about a month, but since I've lived where I am now, I've had one stick for about 6 months and it's still fine. I'm probably playing my guitars more than ever too. Must just be the humidity in the building or something.

I don't have any pics of my guitar, and unfortunately it's 300 miles away in Leeds, so instead, outdated photo's of my home setup and an incredibly unflattering photo of me playing it live.

n514077086_1637760_265476.jpg

n514077086_1637751_7841085.jpg

2395_54496462086_514077086_1637752_32866

2395_54496467086_514077086_1637753_35557

Now with added Focusrite Liquid Mix, which is fantastic.

Spec list:

Mac Pro 2.8gHz Quad 4GB RAM

Macbook Pro 2.0gHz Dual 2GB RAM

Digidesign Mbox 2

Focusrite Liquid Mix 32

Evolution Ekeys

Korg Nanokontrol

Alesis M1 Mk2 monitors

Auralex Mo-pads

Digidesign Pro Tools LE 8

Apple Logic Pro 8

Propellerhead Reason

Shure SM57

Shure PG48

Schecter C1 Plus w/Bareknuckle Warpigs

1991 Ibanez RG550

Peavey Valveking 100w head

Peavey Valveking 4x12" cab

Line 6 Pod XT Live

Ibanez DE7 delay

I used to find it dried up really quickly at my old house. A stick would last about a month, but since I've lived where I am now, I've had one stick for about 6 months and it's still fine. I'm probably playing my guitars more than ever too. Must just be the humidity in the building or something.

Well if it makes strings lasts as long as it claims then £5.50 a month isn't all that much.

Do i really need to use it before and after everytime i play?

Dan very very jealous of the C1 thats on my wishlist at some point.

Necks are both good for different things, the one on my RG is one of the original Wizard's, so it's practically a rounded fretboard it's so thin. The Schecter neck is nicer for most things but the Ibanez makes a change, I always seem to play faster no matter what one I switch to, so ones not really better than the other, just different.

Schecter seems a happy medium between massive Les Paul neck's and tiny Ibanez ones though.

Necks are both good for different things, the one on my RG is one of the original Wizard's, so it's practically a rounded fretboard it's so thin. The Schecter neck is nicer for most things but the Ibanez makes a change, I always seem to play faster no matter what one I switch to, so ones not really better than the other, just different.

Schecter seems a happy medium between massive Les Paul neck's and tiny Ibanez ones though.

I love my ibanez neck because its thin, but thats just my playing style.

I also love thicker necks they seem much nicer for strumming along and general relaxed playing, schecters seem to be a middle ground (Obviously depending on model)

Which is why i'm not sure what i prefer.

I like my Ibanez neck. When I first got it I felt like it was loads easier to play on, but after a few months I went back on the schecter and it felt bigger but I could play no worse. At the moment, I prefer my schecter for rhythmy stuff and ibanez for lead, it just seems like that's what they're each better at.