Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

Telecasters are mank.

Telecasters are fugly.

You talk a lot of bollocks sometimes.... My Tele was the best guitar I ever owned :( If I ever find it again I will pay a stupid amount of money to get it back, even though it is rightfully still mine.

You talk a lot of bollocks sometimes.... My Tele was the best guitar I ever owned :( If I ever find it again I will pay a stupid amount of money to get it back, even though it is rightfully still mine.

:P

I don't like them, I'm more of a stratocaster person myself. I might be inclined to change my opinion if I played one though.

I don't like them, I'm more of a stratocaster person myself. I might be inclined to change my opinion if I played one though.

Sorry, what?!

You cast an opinion on something you haven't even played?! I do believe this hasn't been used enough:

gtfo-56265.jpg

Go play one, and until then keep your style opinions to yourself! Guitar is about the sound it makes, you can't see the look of it through your headphones.

For some reason, Telecasters never look that good in pictures... I used to feel exactly the same as you, then my one came up in a fantastic deal (we're talking £200 for a beautiful American model with custom built for me pickups :wub:) so it was stupid not to buy it. THEN once that happened it just grew and grew and grew on me till the day before it got stolen I said I would be happy to never own another guitar again :

For some reason, Telecasters never look that good in pictures... I used to feel exactly the same as you, then my one came up in a fantastic deal (we're talking £200 for a beautiful American model with custom built for me pickups :wub:) so it was stupid not to buy it. THEN once that happened it just grew and grew and grew on me till the day before it got stolen I said I would be happy to never own another guitar again :

Well, you understand where I'm coming from, and I understand where you're coming from.

I've not spent much time in guitar shops, or with other guitarists, so I've not played many guitars. My favourite guitar I've played must be either mine or the Ibanez S that I played in the shop.

You ought to try and get another one!

Well, you understand where I'm coming from, and I understand where you're coming from.

I've not spent much time in guitar shops, or with other guitarists, so I've not played many guitars. My favourite guitar I've played must be either mine or the Ibanez S that I played in the shop.

You ought to try and get another one!

It's first on my list when I get some cash together, but sometimes you just find a guitar that really 'works' for you. I've played other Telecasters since and it just didn't feel as right. Fair, they didn't have my custom gear on (internal effects anyone? ;) ) but I don't think that would make much of a difference to the feel. Meh. I'll find one one day.

In the mean time, if anyone see's a sea green tele with a massive chip out the back of the body, ciggy burn on the headstock, custom pickups and a fairly inconspicuous button on the top elbow then ask them how much they want for it!

Onboard effects :P What onboard effects?

I want this:

Unfortunately it's a fair bit more than your average S, because of the quilted maple top.

I've not got round to saving up for it :(

I had a Blackstar distortion box ripped to pieces and bodged into the back of the guitar. It was fun and sounded great, but I hardly ever used it because I had enough to think about with singing, playing and running about trying to distract people from how shit I sounded to bother with taking my hand off and press a button I could press easier with my feet.

I ended up just setting it up as a crunch when I didn't want any fully clean sound in a song and to beef up my other pedals.

The only Ibanez I'm a fan of is the Talman personally, but that's just because they are a bit hot for me. Plus I f**king hate Floyd Roses.

this is my S series, with the old maple top. and it sound awesome, infact i just put a Dimarzio PAF pro in it yesterday and now it sounds even better than awesome.

tele are also great, you cant deny it.

personally i want this one (james trussart custom) made of folded steel, buried in garden for ages, painted, repainted, reburried, just damn lush! shame they are about $5000

I had a Blackstar distortion box ripped to pieces and bodged into the back of the guitar. It was fun and sounded great, but I hardly ever used it because I had enough to think about with singing, playing and running about trying to distract people from how shit I sounded to bother with taking my hand off and press a button I could press easier with my feet.

I ended up just setting it up as a crunch when I didn't want any fully clean sound in a song and to beef up my other pedals.

The only Ibanez I'm a fan of is the Talman personally, but that's just because they are a bit hot for me. Plus I f**king hate Floyd Roses.

you have any pics eof that effect in the guitar?

sounds interesting, ive played guitars with on board effects and pre amps etc. but never really hard of putting a stompbox in a guitar!?!?!

sounds interesting

post-41-1244736862_thumb.jpg

post-41-1244736964_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Foamoi Refresher

you have any pics eof that effect in the guitar?

sounds interesting, ive played guitars with on board effects and pre amps etc. but never really hard of putting a stompbox in a guitar!?!?!

sounds interesting

I wish I did :( Because it was on the back of the body none of the pics of me live even have the button in view. They had to mess about quite heavily with the stompbox to get the components to fit inside the slightly lengthened recess in the body, but somehow it worked and didn't set alight. I didn't really ask too many questions - the technical side of how they did it doesn't interest me.

Pretty sure (off the top of my head, can't be arsed to research) that Matt Bellamys early on board effect were just stomp boxes ripped to pieces? Now they are custom effects I think, but early on it was standard stuff.

then what kind of finish do you want? like the cutom black with gold hardware? or maybe like an iced tea flamed maple top? or even better the desert burts is lush as f**k!!

Well, I've decided I should look second hand, so I don't want to make a choice on finishes - otherwise I'll just end up being fussy. If I had to choose though, I'd go for a Wine Red with gold hardware. Second choice would be the cherry sunburst I reckon.

id say in your situation go second hand. a great great place to start if your willing to travel is denmark street in london, just of oxford street. theres about 15 guitar shops in the same road. all selling brand new and loads of used equip and at good prices.

have a look through some of these

denmark street

hope that helps

That's very helpful, nice one. I never really go to London, but maybe I'll have to make a trip >_<

I told you, kit up a Tele yourself and it'll be substantially cheaper. :P

One day I'll have a Tele as well. But at the moment it's too similar to my Strat, and I'm not getting rid of that.

I reckon I can find a second hand Standard for around a grand, that's probably my plan at the moment. The other option is a Traditional / Classic issue. I actually like the sound of these - they've supposedly got a thinner neck (good) and perhaps slightly worse, dirtier pickups (doesn't really sound bad). Other than that, they're pretty similar to the Standard, although I'm sure depreciation would be an issue. You can get them new for £1300 ish if you shop around. Any thoughts?

Its taken off again!

My strings are making a stupid twanging noise on the neck, its my truss rod right?

I think the neck might be bowed up a bit but not 100%, help people

Go through this website, bookmark it and use it everytime there's a problem with your guitar (Y)

Contrary to what some people here might say, you can do everything yourself with some patience and time. Guitars are very simple beasts. Good luck!

EDIT: include link fail

Edited by JD™

Go through this website, bookmark it and use it everytime there's a problem with your guitar (Y)

Contrary to what some people here might say, you can do everything yourself with some patience and time. Guitars are very simple beasts. Good luck!

See if its the truss rod i'd know what to do and i do all the work on it myself but want to make sure before i start fiddling.

You didn't post a link.

Also re-wired a friends vintage strat, was interesting to say the least. Used his other strat as a comparison (current) and the build quality of the newer ones is just shocking in comparison.

See if its the truss rod i'd know what to do and i do all the work on it myself but want to make sure before i start fiddling.

You didn't post a link.

Also re-wired a friends vintage strat, was interesting to say the least. Used his other strat as a comparison (current) and the build quality of the newer ones is just shocking in comparison.

I edited just after my post (Y)

It tells you how to check and then how to adjust. I'd go through the whole site and do everything setup wise personally. I give mine an overhaul every couple of months to make sure it's all good. Every 2 weeks when I'm gigging lots. Worth doing it for piece of mind as far as I'm concerned.

I edited just after my post (Y)

It tells you how to check and then how to adjust. I'd go through the whole site and do everything setup wise personally. I give mine an overhaul every couple of months to make sure it's all good. Every 2 weeks when I'm gigging lots. Worth doing it for piece of mind as far as I'm concerned.

Yer same really, not so often but i do all my own maintenance, just needed a quick fix, seems the truss rod might be damaged i had a similar problem when i had a bass and it turned out to be a screwed truss rod. I think someone may have knocked it over although no one in the house will admit it....

Well time to check the rod.

Hendrix i still hate you for them, although i'm no longer a bass man they're still pretty.