Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

Be cool. Wear a bow tie. Get girls. Buy this.

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/ashton-reso100/42895

If you want something a bit more traditional. Try this, it's good for the money:

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/epiphone-el-00-%28vintage-sunburst/18227

I personally don't like dreadnout guitars, so i ain't going'ta recommend you one of those.

Parlour and grand audotorium guitars are where it's at.

I play a Martin 00-15 Grand Auditorium. It's solid mahogany, and it's a real beaut. I bought it a few years ago and they weren't so easy to get hold of at the time. Seems they might be making them again these days: http://www.giggear.co.uk/p/Martin-15-Series-00-15M/

What's your budget?

Edited by Matthew62

Be cool. Wear a bow tie. Get girls. Buy this.

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/ashton-reso100/42895

If you want something a bit more traditional. Try this, it's good for the money:

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/epiphone-el-00-%28vintage-sunburst/18227

I personally don't like dreadnout guitars, so i ain't going'ta recommend you one of those.

Parlour and grand audotorium guitars are where it's at.

I play a Martin 00-15 Grand Auditorium. It's solid mahogany, and it's a real beaut. I bought it a few years ago and they weren't so easy to get hold of at the time. Seems they might be making them again these days: http://www.giggear.co.uk/p/Martin-15-Series-00-15M

What's your budget?

My budget is £150, i don't really know much about guitars i have just been learning a few little bits on a friend of mine's guitar. I don't really know much about what to buy, i am looking to get one to take it to uni.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone got a bass they no longer need? I'm still craving one...

Just sold my Aria Pro Bass 175, for £80 as well :(

Will take a picture in a bit, but a good friend of mine and Jim's is a joiner and has his own workshop. We set him the challenge of building us a guitar, thinking it would never happen or fail badly. Well he arrived a week or two ago with a guitar body he had copied from a crappy plywood body we gave him. It's been back and fourth from the shop to our house and it's nearly finished. It's going to be Jim's mine is being built next. Jim's has kept it simple and went for a Seymour Duncan humbucker and only a volume dial. The jack socket is the strap pin it's ashame there's a few scuffs and dents that need filling.

Photo0865.jpg

Photo0863.jpg

Photo0860-1.jpg

It just wants painting, and a strut cover.

And does anyone know a rough size for a Gibson Les Paul? Sketching out the shape ready for my body to be cut out from a block of Mahogany :)This is what i have so far it's not exact but i like it and since its being built for me i'd rather it be a total one off. Also would having a bite mark cut out the bottom left of it look silly? Jim said it will but the idea is still floating :P

Photo0867.jpg

And does anyone have a 24 fret neck knocking about that would allow me to finish this :) Or possible sale of for the right price :P

Photo0868.jpg

Edited by Miss-Higgy

yes a bite mark would look silly it's hard to carve anything on a guitar and not make it tacky I'v just started a degree in guitar making in london loving it atm lots of planing her's a pic of one of the basses I'v made.

post-22799-0-44905700-1326645001_thumb.j

post-22799-0-47935500-1326645013_thumb.j

Just sold my Aria Pro Bass 175, for £80 as well :(

Will take a picture in a bit, but a good friend of mine and Jim's is a joiner and has his own workshop. We set him the challenge of building us a guitar, thinking it would never happen or fail badly. Well he arrived a week or two ago with a guitar body he had copied from a crappy plywood body we gave him. It's been back and fourth from the shop to our house and it's nearly finished. It's going to be Jim's mine is being built next. Jim's has kept it simple and went for a Seymour Duncan humbucker and only a volume dial. The jack socket is the strap pin it's ashame there's a few scuffs and dents that need filling.

Photo0865.jpg

Photo0863.jpg

Photo0860-1.jpg

It just wants painting, and a strut cover.

And does anyone know a rough size for a Gibson Les Paul? Sketching out the shape ready for my body to be cut out from a block of Mahogany :)This is what i have so far it's not exact but i like it and since its being built for me i'd rather it be a total one off. Also would having a bite mark cut out the bottom left of it look silly? Jim said it will but the idea is still floating :P

Photo0867.jpg

And does anyone have a 24 fret neck knocking about that would allow me to finish this :) Or possible sale of for the right price :P

Photo0868.jpg

yes a bite mark would look silly it's hard to carve anything on a guitar and not make it tacky I'v just started a degree in guitar making in london loving it atm lots of planing her's a pic of one of the basses I'v made.

Now then that is nice! I think your right about the bite mark.. I just want it to be a total one off :) But don't know how to go about it.

That is gorgeous! I want it so so badly!!!

You sir have a talent, a very big one that i want too stroke haha.

yeah allot of people are so un adventurous, they think that if you make a guitar it has to be fender shape but you can really do anything you want. when I made my bass I just started sketching a outline onto the wood and kept refining it, rubbing bits out and making clearer lines, checking that it's semetrical get the curves right ect. and just went from there really. once I cut the ruff shape out on the band saw the rest came to me relatively easily .

don't suppose that was much help but good luck with it any ways hope it goes well :)

super glue is the thing for chips in varnish you can keep putting on dabs an letting it dry until it's level with the varnish and then level it of sand it with abit of wet n dry give it a polish gd as new

283556_10150250405357087_514077086_7700996_4270285_n.jpg

First major dink at a gig last Sunday, had it for 5 years now, took off some wood and everything. Also the headstock is covered in white paint, cheers Jagermeister and low ceilings.

lol cheers guess I'm just lucky enough to have a luthier as a dad so I get to do cool stuff like this in the workshop :P

That is gorgeous! I want it so so badly!!!

You sir have a talent, a very big one that i want too stroke haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha nice one :)

Anyone here played around with amp sims? Got rid of my poo MG marshall and got myself load of sims like podfarm, revalver and guitar rig. So much stuff to play with!

Hi man.I've personally searched the section of amp sims and stuff and have to say you can get great results out of them if you know how to use the stuff the right way. Even if you have a real amp, there is no reason for anyone not to try them, there are many decent option even for free. You can for example, record a your amp with one or two mics and a di track to feed the amp sim. You can get a massive tone by layering the two or three tracks later, panning and eq' ing them.

I'll make a list of ampsims I have personally tried and recorded with.

Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5

IK Multimedia Amplitube 3

LePou Free Ampsims (SoloC, Legion etc)

Peavey Revalver III

Studio Devil Amp modeller pro

I found that you can get really "close to the original" tones with Amplitube. Just unlimited combinations of mics, amps, cabs, pedals and effects.

Also nice to try is LePou Ampsims. You can get some nice impulses for free by googling. Nice one for huge metal mixes if anyone interested.

Guitar Rig has nice effects overall but found that it lacks in tone somewhat (many of its reviews says the same thing). If you're not a tone maniac, nice piece of software.

Revalver is good but not as good as amplitube for me, nice selection of amps too.

Studio Devil is beast, both this and the version for the bass guitar (named VBA pro). With some tweaking and some nice impulses you're ready to go.(Cheap compared to amplitube too I think).

Hi man.I've personally searched the section of amp sims and stuff and have to say you can get great results out of them if you know how to use the stuff the right way. Even if you have a real amp, there is no reason for anyone not to try them, there are many decent option even for free. You can for example, record a your amp with one or two mics and a di track to feed the amp sim. You can get a massive tone by layering the two or three tracks later, panning and eq' ing them.

I'll make a list of ampsims I have personally tried and recorded with.

Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5

IK Multimedia Amplitube 3

LePou Free Ampsims (SoloC, Legion etc)

Peavey Revalver III

Studio Devil Amp modeller pro

I found that you can get really "close to the original" tones with Amplitube. Just unlimited combinations of mics, amps, cabs, pedals and effects.

Also nice to try is LePou Ampsims. You can get some nice impulses for free by googling. Nice one for huge metal mixes if anyone interested.

Guitar Rig has nice effects overall but found that it lacks in tone somewhat (many of its reviews says the same thing). If you're not a tone maniac, nice piece of software.

Revalver is good but not as good as amplitube for me, nice selection of amps too.

Studio Devil is beast, both this and the version for the bass guitar (named VBA pro). With some tweaking and some nice impulses you're ready to go.(Cheap compared to amplitube too I think).

I'm interested in what sounds you get from your setup, got any links?

Yes man of course.

For every video I will describe the chain:

This Time It's Different (Instrumental Cover)

This is my instrumental cover of "This Time It's Different by Evans Blue".

Guitars Chain: Harley Benton HBR10BK with EMG 81 & 85 pickups -> M-Audio Firewire Solo Audio Interface -> IK Multimedia Amplitube -> Waves EQ

Different sound used for the lead and rythm guitar, all guitars are doubled also (played twice and mixed the tracks to taste), to give a more powerful sound.

My Own Summer (Instrumental Cover)

My instrumental cover of "My Own Summer by Deftones".

Guitars Chain: Harley Benton HBR10BK with standard cheap passive pickups -> M-Audio Firewire Solo Audio Interface -> NI Guitar Rig -> EQ

Bass Chain: B.C.RICH Virgin Four -> M-Audio Firewire Solo Audio Interface -> Studio Devil VBA PRO -> EQ

Similar work to the above.

Gaze Up At The Darkness (Cover)

My cover of "Gaze Up At The Darkness" from the Castlevania Series.

Guitars Chain: Harley Benton HBR10BK with standard cheap passive pickups -> M-Audio Firewire Solo Audio Interface -> NI Guitar Rig -> EQ

My Hero

Original Composition with vocals by Pauline Fiksson.

Guitars Chain: Harley Benton HBR10BK with standard cheap passive pickups -> M-Audio Firewire Solo Audio Interface -> Amplitube for the clean section, Guitar Rig for the distorted and lead -> EQ

You original text here.

I got myself all those to play with, I don't really play much else except for high gain, metal stuff. I learnt about the multitracks recording then panning them, also got myself the lepou stuff too and quite a few impulses and other VSTs.

Now I'm just experimenting with everything and trying to find myself a nice tone!

Edited by weirdoku

Hahaha sorry! I was suppose to take out your whole lot of text in the quote then write my own text after the quote but I must have been day dreaming and put my own text into your quote.

Corrected now!

Haha now I understand man, no worries and thank you.

It would be nice to hear a sample of your work if you've recorded any since you're in metal too :-)

Edited by TrialZonn

Haha now I understand man, no worries and thank you.

It would be nice to hear a sample of your work if you've recorded any since you're in metal too :-)

You're gonna have to wait cos I got nothing! I've been using other people's pre-sets and learning from those to how to get a nice tone. I'm after a specific tone, I don't know how to describe it. All the presets I've tried use so many different things, different effects, impulses, VSTs and mixture of cabs. I want to get a decent tone by using as less as possible, Probably easier getting the real amp but I'm poor but I'm sure I can get a good tone out of them without so many tweaks.