Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

You're gonna have to wait cos I got nothing! I've been using other people's pre-sets and learning from those to how to get a nice tone. I'm after a specific tone, I don't know how to describe it. All the presets I've tried use so many different things, different effects, impulses, VSTs and mixture of cabs. I want to get a decent tone by using as less as possible, Probably easier getting the real amp but I'm poor but I'm sure I can get a good tone out of them without so many tweaks.

Mmm understood. From what I've found from search on forums and some professional advice the only thing I can suggest is getting a decent tone from your instrument and playing rather than eq'ing etc.

Some people say that a good guitar tone (I mean a good source signal) does not need any eqing in the mix later. New strings, a good instrument and the right mic placement (or tweak of the ampsim) will give you a better tone than a stack of the most expensive amplifiers and vsts used wrong or played lousy.

So you're right wanting to use as less as possible.

I'm really after something close to the Peavey 6505 and I like the ENGL sound too.

Check out the Ola Englund stuff for sure, some nice tutorials and a huge collection of real amp testing.

Also what bands you're in?I mean listening to, sorry

Edited by TrialZonn

Mmm understood. From what I've found from search on forums and some professional advice the only thing I can suggest is getting a decent tone from your instrument and playing rather than eq'ing etc.

Some people say that a good guitar tone (I mean a good source signal) does not need any eqing in the mix later. New strings, a good instrument and the right mic placement (or tweak of the ampsim) will give you a better tone than a stack of the most expensive amplifiers and vsts used wrong or played lousy.

So you're right wanting to use as less as possible.

I'm really after something close to the Peavey 6505 and I like the ENGL sound too.

Check out the Ola Englund stuff for sure, some nice tutorials and a huge collection of real amp testing.

Also what bands you're in?I mean listening to, sorry

I'm after a 5150 sound, close to killswitch engage I guess. And yes, already knew about Ola. Love that guy.

I'm after a 5150 sound, close to killswitch engage I guess. And yes, already knew about Ola. Love that guy.

Yes pretty sure Killswitch use 5150. Good luck then man!A last thing..try putting a tube screamer (real pedal or vst) before your amp. It will tighten your low end (like Killswitch and that stuff..no fuzziness just tight!). Even if you have the overdrive at 0 it will do the work, try something like the Mokafix Cream.

Yes pretty sure Killswitch use 5150. Good luck then man!A last thing..try putting a tube screamer (real pedal or vst) before your amp. It will tighten your low end (like Killswitch and that stuff..no fuzziness just tight!). Even if you have the overdrive at 0 it will do the work, try something like the Mokafix Cream.

Got it got it. Had a TS9 before when I had a real amp, thing was nice.

God damn my fingertips are soft these days... I've been playing about an hour, which is easily the longest I've played in a couple of years, to try and right a tune to some lyrics I put down earlier and just noticed they're bleeding like the old days. Good times!

• 10 months later...

Can any guitar be setup to play fast or slow, i.e. the string height? I have a Fender Squire and I'm at a stage now where I want to lower the action to play faster.

Most guitars can be, however if you're using a tremelo bridge/floatingbridge then you have to adjust the springs properly to tension the strings correctly.

Most guitars can be, however if you're using a tremelo bridge/floatingbridge then you have to adjust the springs properly to tension the strings correctly.

Yeah, are you using a tremolo?

Yes it's a tremolo. I've actually straightened the neck now, it had a bilbical forward bend. I've adjusted the saddle heights however I believe the nut is a problem (and has been causing fret buzzing since I bought it 5 years ago). Now, I know how to adjust everything except the nut. It seems like I need a feeler gauge and some shims or a file.

My guitar might just be too low quality, it's a Fender Squire. But I can still learn to set it up properly. Theres a site http://fretmd.com/electric-guitar-nut-setup/ showing how to check the nut height. I've nearly got rid of the fret buzzing, it's just on string 6 and 5 on the first few frets.

My guitar might just be too low quality, it's a Fender Squire. But I can still learn to set it up properly. Theres a site http://fretmd.com/electric-guitar-nut-setup/ showing how to check the nut height. I've nearly got rid of the fret buzzing, it's just on string 6 and 5 on the first few frets.

If it's on just 2 strings it can be because of a twisted neck... hopefully that's not the case though...