Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

f**k that, 6 strings is melting me never mind 7.

I've wanted one for so soo long, and I've bite the bullet.

post-5803-0-69470200-1398073666_thumb.jp

I popped into my local music shop for abit of tuition last week and the owner had a 50's tele I had a quick play on, felt absolutely awesome to play, a lot lighter then my LP (was never meant for me anyway) and abit more roomy on the neck (which is good for my sausage fingers). They're ordering me a Mexican Tele in lake placid blue, counting down the days :D

• Like 1

f**k that, 6 strings is melting me never mind 7.

I've wanted one for so soo long, and I've bite the bullet.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I popped into my local music shop for abit of tuition last week and the owner had a 50's tele I had a quick play on, felt absolutely awesome to play, a lot lighter then my LP (was never meant for me anyway) and abit more roomy on the neck (which is good for my sausage fingers). There ordering me a Mexican Tele in lake placid blue, counting down the days :D

Good choice. I've got an American 3-tone sunburst one and it's a beauty. I've got to say I do prefer my strats but the Teles are lovely, no nonsense guitars.

I really want one with a bigsby one day (sort of like Jack White is playing now). jack_white_blue_fender_telecaster_tele_g

Edited by Matthew62

My real music passion is 50s rock and roll, rockabilly, Carl Perkins, Chuck Berry, Bill Haley and the sort so the tight picky tele sound really really appeals to me. At the minute I'm learning chords, barre chords and just generally getting a feel for playing on this Epi LP but it sounds abit 'heavy'. It's a nice thing to play from my limited ability but not my cuppa. The guy who's showing me the ropes taught me a sweet little rockabilly lick last week which has got me hooked and trying to improvise it out. Really can't wait to get it through my tele.

Edit..

Shit, leant up against my '56 Rockola it'll look slick as.

8 strings are sooo ridiculours, all the strings are still reachable. The extended scale feels really nice too, now when I go back to my 7 and 6 standard scale guitars they feel tiny, especially the 6. Definitely going to get extended guitars from now on.

Love informative lessons, just sat playing chords, swapping between chords at different rhythms and different strum patterns. Got to the end of the lesson and was asked to play the same in a different order but pick the first 2 strings of each chord - Holy shit, I can play hurt by Johnny cash :)

• Like 2

I really love Teles. My old one from Pocket Rocket days is still my favourite guitar ever, don't think I'll ever fully get over it being stolen! Got another these days but it's just not the same :(

I'm in love with it already, I can only play a few chords and simple songs at half pace fairly sloppy but it's got that picky top end sound I was after. Can't wait to start to get to grips with riffing on it. Ma+pa have ordered me the tweed fender case for my borfday too which I was after :D

• Like 2

Local store did it at 400 with a 3m fender custom lead, strap and a few lessons.

Really can't complain at that. All this Tele chat makes me want to get mine out but ever since getting my resonator guitar it's become the go-to.

I've always been intrigued by maple neck Tele's…I've never thought of getting one even though my maple necked Strat is the nicest playing guitar I've got. You'll love the tweed case - I got an original one with my Duo-Sonic and they look great. Quite tempted by one of the tweed blues amps to match - got a great sound over the silver face's as well.

The biggest difference I've noticed is the sharp-Ness of the note between maple and rosewood. R/wood seems abit flat and dull where as maples a sharp struck note.

To be honest the case isn't really needed with the Tele hung on the wall but I really don't want to ever sell this guitar and the idea of kids/grankids pulling this out the loft in 50/60 years time is too cool, hence wanting the retro case to go with it. I'd be in the market for a martching amp in a few years too but I'll see how I go.

Anybody else using wall hangers here? I've got the perfect space and would love to hang the tele out the way but opinions on hanging seem really split.

I can't see how a maple neck could alter with it being such a hardwood but I'm happy to be proven otherwise

I have both mine hung from the wall, and at my last place I had all of the 5 I had at the time hung. As long as you're not an idiot (and I know you're not) you can easily make it safe regardless of where it is in comparison to studs and whatnot. Just use the right fixings and you'll be fine!

Anybody else using wall hangers here? I've got the perfect space and would love to hang the tele out the way but opinions on hanging seem really split.

I can't see how a maple neck could alter with it being such a hardwood but I'm happy to be proven otherwise

a million guitar shops can't be wrong!!!

Holes in walls are easily cured when/if you move out :) not got any pictures or mirrors hung? Tell her to do one, it'll look much better on the wall!

I'm lucky enough to have my 'man cave', where she gets no say :)