Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

Aren't you also the one who uses a Spider 2? :P

Sorry it I've got that mixed up!

Nope, I've gone all digital with amp sims. Just got Jamup Pro and BIAS for me iPhone and this thing rocks. I think it was Tobias that used to have a L6 Spider.

Anybody else using wall hangers here? I've got the perfect space and would love to hang the tele out the way but opinions on hanging seem really split.

I can't see how a maple neck could alter with it being such a hardwood but I'm happy to be proven otherwise

I used to use these hangers, never had a problem with them. Stopped using them cos I moved and can't drill holes into the wall.

• 2 months later...

Mega bump, finally got back round to working on the Epi LP..

imagejpg1_zps4480fc09.jpg

imagejpg2_zps8e594fae.jpg

Just finished de-nibbing the lacquer, then a quick whip over with a waffle pad and some finishing glaze. Painted in Chrysler prowler orange with a pearl coat over the top to give it abit more sparkle, then 3 coats of nice 2khs lacquer. Without wanting to suck my own rod too much, it looks awesome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after looking at those terrible pictures I'm pleased to be putting these in here, I've had the afternoon on cleaning parts, refitting and a few hours setting up down at my LMS. Here she is!

imagejpg1_zpse820c453.jpg

imagejpg5_zps571ac6e6.jpg

imagejpg3_zps47cc44f3.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsb68d12d6.jpg

I know it's nothing amazing with it only being a Special 2 but I love it, I'm not 100% on the cream jack plate yet, the idea was to to paint all the pickup surrounds, rear electrics cover and new cream/gold switch and dial but I started to fit the bridge and liked the black. The pictures do the colour no justice, it's super course when the sunlight hits it, looks fantastic IMO!

£120, which I thought was good at the time and I haven't checked what they go for just in case. Just fancied having another guitar to not play really!

Well your not far off the mark dude, a guys bought my special for £100+post which I thought was pretty fair to say the work that's in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Painted a 70s LP Copy today, this was battered. Worst camera phone evarrrr..

IMAG1035_zpsa48bdaa7.jpg

Painted in jaguar Aintree green with extra xirallic to give it a corser sparkle.

Next Up is a squire strat I bought from the bay, going for a real retro look on this one..

imagejpg1_zps2943e3bb.jpg

Surprisingly it plays bloomin' lovely!

Decided to buy a case for my tele, there was only one option really wasn't there...

imagejpg1_zpsf47706ea.jpg

Fender pro series hardcase in tweed. Love it to bits! Bought a wilkinson 3saddle ashtray bridge on the recommendation of my tutor too, to get that real bitey tele sound. Looking forward to getting that on in the coming weeks! I fancied trying to find a bigsby trem setup for it, but I love the simplicity.

• Like 1

Decided to buy a case for my tele, there was only one option really wasn't there...

imagejpg1_zpsf47706ea.jpg

Fender pro series hardcase in tweed. Love it to bits! Bought a wilkinson 3saddle ashtray bridge on the recommendation of my tutor too, to get that real bitey tele sound. Looking forward to getting that on in the coming weeks! I fancied trying to find a bigsby trem setup for it, but I love the simplicity.

All round f**king excellent choices there. I actually have a 1964 tweed case with a nice orange velour type cloth inside.

I've got an American Tele which is standard but I've always wanted a Tele with cream binding and an ashtray bridge. Also Bigsby's on Tele's are very much a wonderful thing.

P.S. Where did you buy your new bridge from? (1/2 tempted myself).

Edited by Matthew62

I did not know you played guitar, I just remember you bought that one ages ago and had it in your loft.

All round f**king excellent choices there. I actually have a 1964 tweed case with a nice orange velour type cloth inside.

I've got an American Tele which is standard but I've always wanted a Tele with cream binding and an ashtray bridge. Also Bigsby's on Tele's are very much a wonderful thing.

P.S. Where did you buy your new bridge from? (1/2 tempted myself).

Cheers man, I'm really digging the fender kicks at the minute. I really really reeeeeally want a vintage Olympic White USA tele but I'm holding out for a straight example. It's more ornimant then to jam on but I'm sure it'd see it's fair share of use. The missus has offered to buy me a Fender vaporiser amp for Christmas too which I'm stoked about. That '64 case sounds a good find! Very jealous. I'd love a bigsby but I'm no where near that level yet of being able to get the most out of it, they just look badass.

The new bridge was from - http://www.axecaster.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12_37&products_id=32

From reviews they're great despite the price. They drop straight onto my mexican tele screw holes too which is nice, the only thing I'm disappointed in is they haven't grooved the saddles to accept the strings but I can only assume it'll give a brighter tone sat on rather then in, which is what I'm after.

This ones for Skoze, as you've seen from prior phone pictures, my camera is dreadful. It's a smidge bluer and brighter in person...

IMAG1043_zpsdda9cfd3.jpg

Do it.

I did not know you played guitar, I just remember you bought that one ages ago and had it in your loft.

Haha, yeah, the old bag of shit squire tele I had at uni. Bought, got bored, loft for 4 years then sold.

I wouldn't say I'm a jam master but I'm enjoying tinkering with them for an hour in the evenings. Finding nice little riffs and rhythms is quite exciting!

Cheers man, I'm really digging the fender kicks at the minute. I really really reeeeeally want a vintage Olympic White USA tele but I'm holding out for a straight example. It's more ornimant then to jam on but I'm sure it'd see it's fair share of use. The missus has offered to buy me a Fender vaporiser amp for Christmas too which I'm stoked about. That '64 case sounds a good find! Very jealous. I'd love a bigsby but I'm no where near that level yet of being able to get the most out of it, they just look badass.

The new bridge was from - http://www.axecaster.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12_37&products_id=32

From reviews they're great despite the price. They drop straight onto my mexican tele screw holes too which is nice, the only thing I'm disappointed in is they haven't grooved the saddles to accept the strings but I can only assume it'll give a brighter tone sat on rather then in, which is what I'm after.

This ones for Skoze, as you've seen from prior phone pictures, my camera is dreadful. It's a smidge bluer and brighter in person...

IMAG1043_zpsdda9cfd3.jpg

Do it.

Thanks for the link! Think I might be ordering one of those, just need to check it's compatible with a US Tele (i'm sure it is). If i remember rightly the original saddles on ashtray bridges didn't have any grooves…I'm not 100% but it rang a bell as soon as I read your post.

Your sea foam green start looks great, I actually really like light coloured starts with rosewood fingerboards. An Olympic White 60's start that's gone a bit pink with a rosewood fingerboard is my ideal guitar! Beautiful choice on the nitro cellulose as well.

I should of added….I didn't just buy a 64 case, it had a 64 Duo-Sonic inside it in Dakota Red. I don't play it a lot as it's a 3/4 scale, but it sure is purdy.

I think it's time I assembled the collection for a group-photo now this thread is picking up again.

Yeah the grooves on the saddles are a fairly modern thing, introduced on the squire classic vibe stuff I think . Looking foward to getting it fitted just for the look more then anything.

The seafoam strat is slowly earning it's keep here, I bought it as a cheap guitar to repaint and flog but it's just too good looking to sell! My Wilkinson 50's hot pickups arrived today, gonna get those wired in and the guitar strung tonight and see what's what.

Get them on here Matt, if I remember rightly you owned a stunning Gretsch? I'd love to see that Duo sonic too!

Anyone after some pickups that'll boost midrange go for these Wilkinson hot pickups! They sound so bright and the clarity is unreal! Really impressed with those for the pocket money they cost!

imagejpg1_zpsc5baa4bb.jpg

Finito, I'm in love. Strung with super slinkys, intonation/tuning setup this afternoon by my LGS, it's such a joy to play.