Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

This thread should never die!

What's everyone up to recently with guitars and music in general?

I've finally stopped being a mong with my new bass and have decided to embrace the single coil pickup for what it is and whack that treble up. Sounds goooooood.

Stoked for saturday's gig :)

Dr Stix, your missus is a winner - that's pretty.

• Like 1

Still repping the Epiphone SG in mahogany.

Just been coming with lots of my own music, I've been trying to make it a little bit too hard so by playing it I improve. Most of it's either sort of post-hardcore, metal or dare I say, djent type stuff.

Sku's getting a 7-string, I was dicking around with this tuning that gives a bit more low range in 6-strings and now I want a 7-string too :/

• Like 1

Yes yes, I am getting a 7 string but my delivery is delayed till around the 15th. I'm getting a 7 cos I want that extra low string without having to tune my 6 down to silly tunings with flappy strings.

Thinking about selling the 6 string and get a bass too. Anyone want to buy a 07 model Ibanez RGR321EX with SD Blackouts??

This thread should never die!

What's everyone up to recently with guitars and music in general?

I've finally stopped being a mong with my new bass and have decided to embrace the single coil pickup for what it is and whack that treble up. Sounds goooooood.

Stoked for saturday's gig :)

Dr Stix, your missus is a winner - that's pretty.

Haha, thanks man.

It was on top of her cupboard, I was just like "what the f**k is this doing collecting dust?"

She wouldn't let me have it for free so I swapped it with an acoustic my Sisters girlfriend gave to me for free! Steal :P

New strings and a cheeky re tension of the bridge to go with the drop c tuning and whallabingbong.

Still repping the Epiphone SG in mahogany.

Just been coming with lots of my own music, I've been trying to make it a little bit too hard so by playing it I improve. Most of it's either sort of post-hardcore, metal or dare I say, djent type stuff.

Sku's getting a 7-string, I was dicking around with this tuning that gives a bit more low range in 6-strings and now I want a 7-string too :/

Post that metal shit. Bro wanna hear

• 1 month later...

I expected getting an amp or guitar in america, but a 450£ guitar in uk is about 420£ after the dollar conversion. Oh well...

I've been using a beginner set squire and 15w fender amp for many years now. I'm thinking of upgrading the amp first. Is cost and quality/features proportionate? Or is there a cost at which the quality becomes good? I've looked at modelling amps which would save me buying pedals and I'm not gigging, and views on these?

Valve amps > all. However, they're f**king expensive. Personally I'd avoid modelling amps purely because they're amps that try to be another amp. A good, honest amp that has some good controls will do you much better, even if it is a solid state.

Don't really know why it's called a Special when it's just a super cheap version of an Epiphone LesPaul Standard?! But it's really nice to play, and sounds good (in my little experience anyway). Feels ace playing again!

2013-05-09152300_zps2482a6b6.jpg

2013-05-09152312_zps909cdb82.jpg

Cos it's for special kids Dan haha.

I love amp sims, you can tinker with so much stuff without buying anything. Spend some time with them and you can get some sweet tones. I've seen bands play live through amp sims (AxeFXs) and to be honest they sound no different to the real thing and they sound sick.

EDIT: Literally just finished sorting out my 7 string! Got it about a couple of weeks ago but didn't get round to sorting it out. This thing came buzzing like a trapped bee! Mostly because the nut was cut way too deep and completely uneven.

The standard machine heads was absolutely pants so I forked out a little and replaced them with Hipshot Classic Open Gear machine heads with tulip buttons which are my fav.

IMG_4512.jpgIMG_4514.jpg

IMG_4515.jpgIMG_4456.jpg

Edited by weirdoku
  • Like 1

wow, I havnt been here for a long time.

i just recently got back from travelling around New Zealand, and took an acoustic with me, but have been back to playing my electrics again which has been great.

I cant believe this thread is still going, but thats sweet. unfortunately, i had sold of most of my collection (16+) just before I went travelling, but it was worth every penny and only kept the guitars that are really sentimental to me, a 2008 Gibson Les paul Standard, an 04 USA strat, and my guild M120 acoustic.

what kind of stuff do you guys play?

and Matt, hows it going? seen you have been gigging recently. I hope its going well for you!

• 3 weeks later...

Been following your stuff on Facebook, Luis - seems like you had an absolute blast!

Been going well here, ta! Just been plugging away and getting on with things, dragging ourselves all over the country and it all seems to be paying off for now. Cool for Cats Records (sub-division of Fierce Panda) are releasing a single for us on vinyl November time which'll be pretty cool!

Made it past the "1000-likes" milestone on faceook as well which is kind of sweet, i appreciated it anyway. Got a session from us on BBC introducing up at the moment, have a look https://www.facebook.com/theartclubband

Got a few weeks off now to try and catch up with uni and stuff, then more London and Brighton things followed by the end-of-year party at Lancaster Uni which we're playing with The Crookes, should be a big 'un!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps the musicians of the guitar thread can help me.

This is My Morning Jacket and the drum beat is so simple at a first listen. However you have 3 snares then 3 bass pedals, but this is completely independent timing to the high hat! How can I learn this? The hh is 116bpm and the snare/bass is about 178

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...