The Whole 24 Thing

Rich@DMR

Tell me more about your gear set up, I need to know because I'm planning on putting gears on mine when I get it.

What mech, shifter and chain are you using?

How many of the cassette rings are you actually using, if so, what issues did you have with getting the shifter to work properly with it?

I've got more questions but I might ask those later.

Tell me more about your gear set up, I need to know because I'm planning on putting gears on mine when I get it.

How many of the cassette rings are you actually using, if so, what issues did you have with getting the shifter to work properly with it?

I've got more questions but I might ask those later.

Surely its identical to any normal gear system on a mountainbike?

This is true, but if you use a 22t chainring, having 23t on the rear is a bit useless. Also, a 6sp chain should be stronger than a 9sp chain, because of the size, so you'd go for 6sp. Only thing is, they don't actually make 6sp any more. Tarty used to sell mechs, shifters and cassettes, and now sell none of it.

If I can get away with modifying a cassette so I don't have to run larger than 17t, I'll do it, but I want to read about what other people have done first to get ideas.

Edited by Bruce Lee

Completely off topic, but just ended up on the Quest site looking at the team - haven't seen disco stu for ages!!!!

Guessing you're based down there then? I spend almost all my time off/ school holidays in Worthing seeing friends, will have to hook up for a ride sometime!

Edited by Marvin the Martian

mmmm....she's lovely!!! ;)

Can I polish her rims sometime?

No, seriously, i've been asking to see a blue Inspired on 'bike pics' recently (inspireds in singapore - adam@tartybikes ; some lovely whites and the new brown).

I was picturing the blue frame with white seat, bars, rims and forks - American retro style.

But now i've seen your chrome rims, i'm thinking chrome/silver accessories.........

....I think I need a cold shower! :$ ... heh heh!

"Tell me more about your gear set up, I need to know because I'm planning on putting gears on mine when I get it.

I've got more questions but I might ask those later. "

Well its a 16tooth tensile freewheel on the front with a 12/16 six speed block on the hub. Most cassettes you can dissassemble and remove the cogs you don't want.

If you cant figure it out just ask you local bike shop for advice.

The exact spec is on the page linked to

Why do I run gears?

Well if I'm riding Tails with the crew then Trial ratios are WAY to low... at the same time park and street you'll need something more flowy than power move gears.

Edited by Rich@DMR

Yeah I'm not sure either...

But I'm 99% clive did his 24 after the ET... <_<

Hhhhhmmmm maybe theres someone who knows for sure...

I don't think it matters both the Leeson and Ashton range have a lot to be thanked for

Edited by Rich@DMR