Advice On A New Watch ?

liam-pantera

who make good reliable watches

Seiko, Sekonda, Timex, Casio, Lorus, Accurist (after all, the time sponsored by accurist is...)

I've got a sekonda, it was half price from argos, I like it.

Make sure if you get a bracelet type one, to get the strap fitted properly, I didn't and it stretches and I have to keep fixing it...

The citizen eco-drive range are very nice for that price as well. And they have the benefit of being powered via nearby light sources :D

To be honest though, with that kind of price bracket the internals with regards to watches are all very much the same, especially if you're considering the motion system ones. Going for the one that looks the nicest to you is a solid plan to be honest.

What kinda features/ functionality do you want from a watch?

It used to be possible to get a Breitling aerospace or colt for as low as £300, seem to be rarer at the moment though, might still be able to find one with skills though, far superior to any cheaper brand.

I'd say save up and buy something really special, I have a Breitling Navitimer, Bell and Ross (Managed to lose it on a drunken night out, ouch...) and an IWC chronograph, the quality is worth the extra cash.

On a cheaper note I often hear great things about the Seiko black or orange monster, they are indestructible, about £100 on ebay.

If you like rolex, Alpha watches make some reasonably good quality rolex and omega homages and they are very cheap.