Odd Situation

Matthew_Gibson

I don't think I would have phoned to be honest, can't you pull a comprimise of leaving the mechanics 5 minutes early and arriving at halfrauds 5 minutes late? I think I've always worked for really slack employers, kinda turning up when I want and going when I want and no-bodys ever really tryed to stop me before. I did have an argument with my manager down the phone once before though, because he said I wouldn't get payed if I was sick over christmas, so I stood up for myself (lying in bed feeling like shit) and let off at him. Since then he's lyed down and let me walk all over him, it really doe's depend on the type of bloke that he is!

But at the end of the day, I am 99% sure he's not going to fire a hard worker over being 10mins late.

I hate managers like that.

I worked in a bike insurance replacement factory once and the wanker would be in his office tapping his watch through the window if you were even a minute late and then you would get 15mins pay taken off you.

I was riding/walking (depending on state of weather) 6 miles to get there for 7:00am.

I didn't stay there long.

I'll swore I would never work for wankers like that again, and I haven't.

You should have just turned up late and winged it.

Now that it has all occurred I would actually put in a complaint with the main HR, especially about the bit with handing in your notice, that guy sounds like he needs to go on the dole for a while.

You can probably make £300 a month by just asking randoms in the street for spare change on your way home from the garage on a Monday evening. ;)

Matt

I worked in a bike insurance replacement factory once and the wanker would be in his office tapping his watch through the window if you were even a minute late and then you would get 15mins pay taken off you.

Know, if you got 15mins pay taken off you... just be 15mins late, you're paying for it :shifty: Of course, you did the right thing, jacking that job in.

I can't stand people that moan if you don't follow rules perfectly. 10mins is f**k all and you did explain it to him. People need to use their own judgement instead of being f**king jobsworths. All these idiots piss me off why can't they use a bit of common sence and.

I'd be pissed off with someone if they were always late and didn't let you know they were going to be late etc but come on once every now and then with a bit of warning wont hurt anyone.

This is the reason i love my store manager so much, to be honest, he's more of a friend than a manager, i talk to him about personal stuff, about my life outside of work, he texts me piss funny jokes when he's sitting in the office, then looks out his window and watches me piss myself reading it on the shop floor, he allows cigarette breaks extremly fairly, holidays ! whats this 6 week notice crap ? I just got him, need such and such a dates off like a week before and he's like, no problem, just write it on the rotor.

I woke up late the other morning, phoned him, said, sorry mate, i'm gonna be abit late, woke up abit late and the next bus isn't for 20 mins, he said yeah no probs, due wanna make it up at the end or do you want me to just knock it off your pay, see you soon mate.

Yet....In the past, i've had seriously dickhead managers, thats why i would never leave my job. Because it's fantastic.

See thats the right way to do things. It makes people want to work for you more. If you can keep people happy without letting them take the piss they will be good to you.

It's like magic that, isn't it!

MORALE, staff morale! If only f**king sainsbury's realised that happy workers are hard workers...

I've worked for Sainsburys, by god, never again. Did you know Sainsburys have the fastest employment and de-ployment rate in the Country ? I lasted 4 months with them, fair enough, the over time was f**king amazing, i was contracted the 18 hours a week, heck i was doing 40 - 42 hours a week, the pay per hour was also much much better than the job i'm in now, however i do prefer my new job, because it's weekly pay and not monthly.

Sainsbury's are FAR to strict, saying that, the store manager had it in for me from day one, it would appear she didn't like young or confident people, i was brillaint at my job, come in on my days off when they phoned me up, stayed over if they asked me, but no, if i wanted something, like a day off or to finish a little early to go the doctors or something, the answer was a nice firm no.

It would appear the bigger companys such as Sainsburys, morrisons and Tesco all appear to be alot stricter than the slightly smaller companys such as iceland and the likes. But with good reason, they've got standards to keep, but if they can't keep there staff happy, they sure as hell won't work as hard.

I work twice as hard at my Job at iceland than i did at Sainsburys purely for the fact my Manager respects me for what i do and i also get along with him and have a good laugh.

It would appear the bigger companys such as Sainsburys, morrisons and Tesco all appear to be alot stricter than the slightly smaller companys such as iceland and the likes. But with good reason, they've got standards to keep, but if they can't keep there staff happy, they sure as hell won't work as hard.

It's not the companies, it's the staff. They hire incompetent management for their stores and work to set sales targets - they're not calling any of the shots in that store, simply micro-managing the employees to maximum output.

I thought those managers were on rotas with the store and very rarely stay in the same place for a long time?

I've worked for Sainsburys, by god, never again. Did you know Sainsburys have the fastest employment and de-ployment rate in the Country ?

I worked for Tesco's once. I didn't think it was possible for anyone to have a higher staff turnover than them. Looks like I was wrong. Considering how bad Tesco's was, Sainsburys must be utterly horrific.

Sorry to be a topic stealer but it seems appropriate to talk about your job stuff here so here goes.

Im currently at collage 2 days a week full time, i dont get ema or anything so i have no income. Ive applyed for a job working at farm foods freezer centre as a store assistant through the job shop at my collage. From the infomation i recived about the job, it says i need to ring up for anover the phone interview sorta thing. Heres the problem, i have no experience working in shops or anywhere for that matter being as this is my first proper job before this i worked for a local builder doing some cash in hand labour, but i have no clue what i need to say or what she might ask me?

Does anybody know ruffly what she might ask me and stuff?

It'll be simple enough - a phone interview will probably just cover some information about yourself, your employment history, what you're studying in college, your flexible hours and if you're willing to work overtime or at weekends.

Pretty much the basic shit and I seriously doubt you can bugger it up.

Word of advice though, write down a reply to most of the stuff I just suggested so its there in front of you...otherwise you'll sit there going 'errrrr....ermmmm...' which is not only really annoying, but it'll make you sound like a blubbering retard.

It'll be simple enough - a phone interview will probably just cover some information about yourself, your employment history, what you're studying in college, your flexible hours and if you're willing to work overtime or at weekends.

Pretty much the basic shit and I seriously doubt you can bugger it up.

Word of advice though, write down a reply to most of the stuff I just suggested so its there in front of you...otherwise you'll sit there going 'errrrr....ermmmm...' which is not only really annoying, but it'll make you sound like a blubbering retard.

Thank you.