What Frame Is This?

Andy1

Im almost certain it's a merlin, in fact i'd be willing to put money on it! Do you guys remember merlin? I dont know if there still around but they used to have a double page spread in MBUK, a merlin was my first proper trials bike and it was so so so bad, it was a nightmare! I full on cringed when i saw that photo haha.

Im almost certain it's a merlin, in fact i'd be willing to put money on it! Do you guys remember merlin? I dont know if there still around but they used to have a double page spread in MBUK, a merlin was my first proper trials bike and it was so so so bad, it was a nightmare! I full on cringed when i saw that photo haha.

its not a merlin... the downtube/bb shell join is totally wrong. i'd say its just a cheap frame advertised as a trials/jump frame...

Thanks for the replies. The only reson i thought it was a pashley was that it has two small pashely stickers on it,

but then i have searched for pictures of pashley frames and they look simular but are not exactly the same.

whatever Frame it is, it is pretty old as it had been sitting in a shed for 5 years when i bought it.

Once again thanks for the help.

its not a merlin... the downtube/bb shell join is totally wrong. i'd say its just a cheap frame advertised as a trials/jump frame...

Between me and my mate we have had three different merlin frames (even though they were advertised as the same bike) i garauntee you one of them was this frame. It may not look like it as it would be a perfect little dirt/jump frame hence the bike was a complete nightmare. I'm guessing merlin would just get cheap frames in and bang merlin stickers on them. :sick:

Nah it's not.

These frames were fairly common about 7-10 yrs ago and they were just cheap frames out of Aisian factories that a few different companies used.

You could also buy them like this plain alli with no stickers.

Proper piece of shit for anything other than comuting, I should know I had one, I think you may still be able to get them. however the other stuff was worth the money.

I wouldn't go jumping off anything too high on that.

Having sais that I sold mine to my mate and he got run over by a car on it and it was fine.

Matt

Edited by Matt Vandart

theres not much on that i would use to be honest but 15 quid that is a bargain, you got a pair of maggys for 15 quid, that you could prob sell for 20 quid each. pretty sure someone would want the forks as well as they are well known and maybe a streety rider for the stem and do i spy mavic rims? could make a bit of a profit if you split the bike down