Diy Bike ...ideas, Suggestions, Improvements

Alex Dark

Very Impressive Alex! Always thought hoffmann had it right with that style of brake mount! all you need to do now is make some tidy little machined magura mounts that fit in there loverly!

Adam

That .

is.

awesome!!

Im sooo f**king made up for you, glad its worked out as planned. Not a bad weight either, especially considering the lack of trick tubesets!

Bet youre proud as hell, had a warm fuzzy feeling watching that video, cant imagine how it makes you feel riding it :)

Lets hope it doesnt crack now ;)

quote = mikee

ah pics. looks realy good man. hows your rear brake mounting setup going? And the rest.... all good? much flex anywhere?

Cheers dude, so good actually...Uber stuff, really easy ti adjust, thanks to customised mounts

Literally the stiffest frame I've ridden...way better than the Coustellier V2 in that respect!

quote = Stanners

Amazing mate. Well done. You wantin to get a job in the bike industry?

Rob

I'd love to....Inspired or Onza looking? :giggle:

Quote = Bigman

Very Impressive Alex! Always thought hoffmann had it right with that style of brake mount! all you need to do now is make some tidy little machined magura mounts that fit in there loverly!

Adam

Thanks a lot Adam, I reckon it's a great idea...so impressed with the brake parts. I just used some standard Magura mounts, then milled them down to no plastic washers and took some excess material off the top and bottom to minmise height of booster area.

[quote name='forteh'

That .

is.

awesome!!

Im sooo f**king made up for you, glad its worked out as planned. Not a bad weight either, especially considering the lack of trick tubesets!

Bet youre proud as hell, had a warm fuzzy feeling watching that video, cant imagine how it makes you feel riding it :)

Lets hope it doesnt crack now

Aw thanks a lot Forteh, and thankyou for your help! All tubing was 6082 T6 1.63mm ( 16swg ) tubing. All round profile, with the chainstays being rolled to shape.

Absolutely stunning. And it's survived some proper riding! Guessing it's been heat treated?

Cheers Yeh well i took some bails on it...all gravy so far!

Nope! didn't think I could afford it, im impressed that a frame with supposedly 20% of the strength round the welds of a treated one handled that fine...

Although, getting it Heat treated in th next few weeks, so back on the coust for now.