Best Food

michael danes

This dingy little Chinese place makes the best szechuan dumplings. Worth the 30 minute round trip. I'll order three or four servings and save them up for the rest of the week.

They're steamed pork dumplings in a really hot peanut sauce. Food of the gods, I tell you.

Only problem: the girl who prepares them knows I like them spicy, so she overdoes it. They cut a hole right through me, but I don't care.

Pain is temporary.

Dumplings are forever.

word! got this chinese place in colchester called "jade palace" best all you can eat buffet ever! everything was uber fresh and delicious!

Ben

That the one on barracks street isnt it? There is better one in town. Opposite the old cinema, looks like a cafe from the outside but inside its a buffet style restaurant. Its awesome loads of dishes to choose from, as much as you can eat for like £6 during the day.

So all this talk about bacon and eggs has me wanting to cook tonight.

Tell me more about this bacon sandwich.

Aside from bread and bacon, what else you put on it? Just mayo or something like that? Lettuce? Never had a bacon sam'ich, but it sounds righteous.

That the one on barracks street isnt it? There is better one in town. Opposite the old cinema, looks like a cafe from the outside but inside its a buffet style restaurant. Its awesome loads of dishes to choose from, as much as you can eat for like £6 during the day.

sounds interesting, might have to give it a shot next week :)

Ben

Im trying to eat really healthily, the ammount of shit I put im my body cant be good. Im making loads of smoothies and pasta and meaty things at home, and drinking about 3x more water than I used to.

When im at work I try to cook myself something different every day. Im pretty into steak, calamari, chicken/seafood pasta, sea food pancakes, scallops, muscles, cod and chips, monkfish currys. But I do love my fry-ups and pastys.

Im eating quite alot of fish at the moment ;)

Yea, I have to seriously step back and look at my diet...

Thing is I'm either at work, out doing something or in the pub so I never get time to cook something properly, weekend I'll spend about an hour in the house so I eat on the go or eat out. Its been like that for about 3 years now aswell as a nice mix of nicotine and alcohol.

I really should start making time to eat properly because I have a heart attack or something.