Which Is The Best Chain

Jack Morton

Right i need a new Chain . I've been using a Echo Sl yaban chain for about 2 month's and now the link's are just constintually cracking on me. So wanted to no what people recommend as my new chain

Edited by jackm9863

No one's going to really suggest a half link chain for trials, mainly becuase they stretch sooo much. Plus most of them are pretty weak. Why do you need a half link chain?

A kmc kool with a half link if needed will do the job, no need for rubbish half link chains.

thats what im going to have to do

ive got a modstock and still cant get the tension right

only need one :)

kmc kool F T W

Edited by mountian goat

Right i need a new Chain . I've been using a Echo Sl yaban chain for about 2 month's and now the link's are just constintually cracking on me. So wanted to no what people recommend as my new chain
If you really must get a half-link, then checkout Spank Tweet Tweet half-link chains (via wiggle.co.uk) as they come in some lovely anodised colours. about £25 i think.

A kmc kool with a half link if needed will do the job, no need for rubbish half link chains.

Have used KMC Kool's for the past 7 or 8 years and never had one snapped (replaced every 6 months max) but have just gone to the Trialtech Lite to try... Either would be a good choice (Y).

quoted for truth

KMC Z610, I'm truely amazed with mine, it's worn better than any other chain I've ever had, it hasn't rusted at all even in the rain, and it is the lightest chain available! (Unless you go for scary roadie/xc chains).

trialtech lite chain is poo, snapped mine so many times now, i just cba to buy a new one..

If one link has snapped then they're all gonna snap pretty soon, they've all had the same stress on them... Of course its going to snap over and over again :S

And can't be arsed to buy a new chain?! I spose it isn't exactly an important part of a trials bike.

Anyways, I've had 2 KMC 610HX chains, both have been great. My spare one arrived today, too. Definately reccomend them.