Huge Trials Event In North Wales

mintsauce

Sounds like a pretty sweet event, if I'm able I'll try and head up but I have no idea at the current moment in time

Is that the entire section?

I'm glad the section ideas are inspiring people to come and ride (or was it the lure of the Saturday night party?!?).

Please feel free to apply . Riders must be pre-registered, it is not possible to simply turn up on the day and ride (see initial post).

That is only one section, there will be more besides! :)

Gotta be careful with that seesaw, when you jump, it will rise under you so it might f**k your backhops up, or possibly even your gap.

Yup, that's right. A pedalling gap or rolling bunny hop gap may be the way forward. Whatever method you choose, given that gapping off a see-saw will be a new technique to most, it'll require a wee bit of that old thing called courage. Especially given you'll be gapping at around 11 foot up.

If anyone rode/attended the MAD run trials section of the NBS (National Bike Show) then the format with be similar to that:

Throughout the event riders will have the opportunity to ride the sections and pick out bits that particularly inspire them or they feel most confident on. Then we will construct an rider appearance order, of increasing difficulty of proposed tricks/lines, and put on demos for the crowds.

The idea is not that every rider will gap off the 11 foot high see-saw but rather one or two might do that as big tricks towards the end of the demo.

There will be lines on the course for all abilities, which is why Wood Fest has opened this up to everyone through the proposed selection process (detailed in the first post).

Unreal!!! As I live under 10 miles away (Prestatyn) and work 1 mile down the road from the site (St. Asaph business park) and have never seen Trials performed in reality, you can guarantee I'll be there with my family cheering you on! I'm also hoping to maybe meet some TF members along the way. Good News indeed. :)

Unreal!!! As I live under 10 miles away (Prestatyn) and work 1 mile down the road from the site (St. Asaph business park) and have never seen Trials performed in reality, you can guarantee I'll be there with my family cheering you on! I'm also hoping to maybe meet some TF members along the way. Good News indeed. :)

Ive been meaning to meet you for a while now haha, hopefully we can

Pretty stoked about this matt! can't wait to see you all again

Will and I went and rode in the yard of the Wood Fest site on Sunday.

We got a chance to talk again to the organisers and course builders and have made some modifications and adjustments.

The space he has designated for trials is roughly 75 meters x 17 meters!

Here's a link to the official Wood Fest website MTB page:

Wood Fest MTB Challenge

Here are a few pics of the resources he has available and Will and I messing around:

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

w4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

<< COURSE CONSTRUCTION SLIDESHOW >>

3589305420_615b18f4ec_o.jpg

3588497359_34f24be69f_o.jpg

3588497541_0dfd8ff5ea_o.jpg

TO SEE ALL 8 IMAGES CLICK THE LINK ABOVE

IMPORTANT!!

Due to other commitments (DJ ride & Fort Bill Nationals) certain riders have have to forego the wonderful opportunity to ride at the Wood Fest demo.

Therefore it's not too late for YOU to join in the action

email info@slowprogress if you want to get involved at ride at this massive event!!

Peace

Barlow

Hopefully the weather will still hot and sunny for the weekend!

Oh yes!! It'll be a scorcher.

Will and I are going to see the course tonight. Hoping I can pluck up the courage to try all the sections.

It's no worries if not though, I'll just force Will to try them ;) hehe