Huge Trials Event In North Wales

mintsauce

Friday June 5th - Sunday June 7th

Wood Fest, St Asaph, North Wales

<< COURSE CONSTRUCTION SLIDESHOW >>

3589305420_615b18f4ec_o.jpg

3588497359_34f24be69f_o.jpg

3588497541_0dfd8ff5ea_o.jpg

This year, for the first time ever, Wood Fest organisers have built a monster MTB course.

Without giving too much away, think about:

- Wooden Balance Beams running over water

- North Shore style sections

- Wooden See-Saws

- This list goes on...

Want to display your riding skills to thousands of people across three days?

Alongside a list of invited 'pro' riders, Wood Fest want to extend the opportunity to a few lucky others to come and ride the course and be part of the festival.

Anyone who is selected will join the list of 'invited riders' and as such get all the benefits of a free pass into Wood Fest, plus free access to camping and evening BBQ.

If you want to be considered for a place on the 'invitational riders' list and to become part of this unique event then please email:

info@slowprogress.co.uk

You need to include some information about yourself, a link to a video of you riding (if you have one), and how many of the three days you are interested in attending. Preference will be given to those individuals who can attend all three days.

More details to follow regarding format plus pictures of the sections!

This is going to be fantastic! Considering the resources available to Wood Fest there is hug potential here for our sport to be show cased to thousands. The organisers (passionate ex-riders who are spending a lot of money to add riding to their event) have already said that if it is well supported this year and successful then they will continue to support the riding side of the festival. It could hopefully be the start of a fantastic annual trials spectacle.

May I wish you all the best with the selection process.

Matt Barlow - slowprogress.co.uk

-------------------

EDIT: 14th May

A sketch of the North Shore section currently under construction - she's a beauty!

loggaps.jpg

Simon, Wood Fest director, testing logs in the yard. He looks pretty pleased with the 12 foot high log he wants to use to gap from.

Edited by mintsauce

The list of riders is looking great so far - thanks to everyone who has already replied.

Looks like we'll have a pro film maker at the event too

Please get in touch if you want to join in.

I'm next going to the show ground on Sunday the 17th so I'll have pictures of the course followng that visit.

Will there be any pay or expenses for the riders selected? It would be a long way for a lot of riders to travel.

I appreciate it is a long way for riders to travel. If any of you want to be at the event and travel expenses is the only thing holding you back then don't hesitate to mention that when you register your interest in riding at the event.

Sorry Matt, I think I'm going to have to go with the DJ Memorial ride. With all respect to the people who'll be attending Abingdon, I feel that it's important for as many people who actually knew DJ and can keep his memory alive to attend the ride for the right reasons. I may still see about continuing up to the Wood Fest event after the DJ ride to be around on the Sunday though.

Dave

I feel that it's important for as many people who actually knew DJ and can keep his memory alive to attend the ride for the right reasons.

Yeah I totally agree Dave.

As I said before, it's a shame the events clash. It would have been good to have you being part of the event. Next time maybe or even the Sunday!

Do you realize that the world cup trial is at Fort William on those days.

Yeah, it's a shame that it'll clash with that. However I don't quite think I have the influence to ask a very established festival with dozens of trade stands and confirmed acts to change their dates on account of the riders! ;) I could always try!

Could have guessed it would be most of the big names that get it.

I think you may have misunderstood my initial post. This list of riders (above) is those whom I have invited personally thus far.

The whole idea to is open up an invitation to ADITIONAL riders to come and enjoy riding at an event, in front of large crowds, alongside the "big names" (as you have put it).

Feel free to apply.

Edited by mintsauce

I will be there for the three days. So if you just turn up on the days you can ride?

Jamie

bit rude dont you think? Im sure Matt would rather have people ask him first and let him know rather than random idiots turn up.

Is this going to be demo stylee Matt? I better get some sick tricks dialled then :o

PICTURE ADDED IN THE INITIAL POST

----------

Just to clear up any confusion:

Riders must be pre-registered to ride. Hence the application process (detailed above).

It is NOT POSSIBLE to simply turn up on the day and ride without pre-registering and being selected.

Every time I speak to the Wood Fest directors it sounds move and more exciting!

see you sunday hopefully!

On Sunday we go test ride the 10 foot balance beam mate - eeek!