Rc Cars

Luke_zoo

I have around £400 tp spend on a rc nitro car ive been looking at the off road ones and found that would be best for me! as there is alot of woods near me :)

I have no idea on whats best and whats not...

help please :)

I'm a bit out of date with the rc models, but i'd advise perhaps spending around half that on a used car, then saving the rest for the ongoing running of it. Fuel = bumrape. Also it means you've got less sitting in the shed when you get bored of it, which is quite likely. The thunder tiger eb4 was pretty bezzin' when I was into rc stuff.

Personally I think cars get boring real fast, helicopters are where the real fun is, I have two for sale at the moment :shifty:

I'm a bit out of date with the rc models, but i'd advise perhaps spending around half that on a used car, then saving the rest for the ongoing running of it. Fuel = bumrape. Also it means you've got less sitting in the shed when you get bored of it, which is quite likely. The thunder tiger eb4 was pretty bezzin' when I was into rc stuff.

Personally I think cars get boring real fast, helicopters are where the real fun is, I have two for sale at the moment :shifty:

I do alot of stuff lol like ptibiking Bmxing ect... had a few other stuff and had a go on my mates rc car and loved it :)lol

If the land isn't huge(i mean huge) then try and go for a electric one. They can be just as much fun I have 4. They are also less expensive to run, no fuel. It to do with loosing signal and/or throttle getting stuck open and the car hitting something. This was the reason I was told, by people in a shop not to get one. But everyone has a choice. Sorry i actually can't help you with what car to get. But I might have influenced you choice on nitro or electric.

If the land isn't huge(i mean huge) then try and go for a electric one. They can be just as much fun I have 4. They are also less expensive to run, no fuel. It to do with loosing signal and/or throttle getting stuck open and the car hitting something. This was the reason I was told, by people in a shop not to get one. But everyone has a choice. Sorry i actually can't help you with what car to get. But I might have influenced you choice on nitro or electric.

I see where you are coming from, ive had a few electric ones and they do my headin lol

You can get failsafes which close the throttle if signal is lost. Chances of that happening are very slim though, the distance cars get away from you is nothing compared to aircraft, and you wouldn't be able to see the model before you run out of signal. The only problem would come from some kind of electrical fault, of which the chances are pretty even between electric and nitro. Much more likely is a mechanical fault, this has happened to me several times on helicopters and is very scary... But yeah, don't worry about the throttle thing, it isn't an issue.

Get a rc10t4 what a car i have one and its epic

RC10 T4

Josh.

Don't get a buggy/truggy or stadium truck unless you intend to do proper races at some point.

Monster trucks are the most fun you can have outside a track and they're tougher to boot.

A Traxxas Revo is arguably one of, if not the best of all monster trucks which are out right now. It's durable, handles well, goes like stink with a BB conversion, has spares easily available and is well priced.

Electric cars are the way forward, but only if your talking brushless motors.

A brushless electric motor will beat nitro by far, longer run time, and a hell of a lot easier to maintain and keep running.

They have adapated the original savage for brushless and look at the power for its size, if you hit the power from a standstill it does a backflip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2TDIWLtrcs

Or if your not all for the monster truck scale, why not a Firestorm? again with a flux brushless motor.

Working in a model shop, its brilliant selling these cars to experienced nitro sceptics and then have them come back a few days later telling me how they couldn't believe how well they perform.

Electric cars are the way forward, but only if your talking brushless motors.

A brushless electric motor will beat nitro by far, longer run time, and a hell of a lot easier to maintain and keep running.

They have adapated the original savage for brushless and look at the power for its size, if you hit the power from a standstill it does a backflip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2TDIWLtrcs

Or if your not all for the monster truck scale, why not a Firestorm? again with a flux brushless motor.

Working in a model shop, its brilliant selling these cars to experienced nitro sceptics and then have them come back a few days later telling me how they couldn't believe how well they perform.

The nitro or the Electric do they come back in for?

electric cars take at least 3 hours to charge and dont have amazing run time

nitros only have to cool down then they are ready to go again as long as you have fuel

i have an hpi savage monster truck and a lighting pro 2 both top out at over 40 mph and are soo much fun

have a look on ebay for some of the best deals new and used

PICT0236.jpg

PICT0237.jpg

electric cars take at least 3 hours to charge and dont have amazing run time

Your completely wrong there.

My HPI E10 takes 1 hour to charge, and thats a 5300 m/a Lithium-ion Polymer endurance battery, which lasts me 2 races nights (we usually have 4 races a night at 5 minutes a race so that works out at about 40 minutes run time) as opposed to the 10 minutes a tank you get from Nitro.

Just because Nitro's aren't dependant on having batteries being charged, doesn't mean they don't need any initial preparation, its not like the flick of a switch on an electric, and require TLC after using them to ensure they start and operate well the next time you use them.

Your completely wrong there.

My HPI E10 takes 1 hour to charge, and thats a 5300 m/a Lithium-ion Polymer endurance battery, which lasts me 2 races nights (we usually have 4 races a night at 5 minutes a race so that works out at about 40 minutes run time) as opposed to the 10 minutes a tank you get from Nitro.

Just because Nitro's aren't dependant on having batteries being charged, doesn't mean they don't need any initial preparation, its not like the flick of a switch on an electric, and require TLC after using them to ensure they start and operate well the next time you use them.

and how much did that massive capacity battery cost? Plus you can only (safely) recharge LiPo batteries 100 times before you (should) throw them away. They're also arguably even more dangerous than nitro fuel!

A tank of nitro is refilled in seconds, in fact you can refill it whilst it's running to save you having to start it up again! You're only limited by the reciever battery which lasts for hours anyway and they're cheap so taking two along is easy.

The only real maintenance you need to do constantly with a nitro is squirt a bit of after-run oil in the engine when you put it in storage for anything longer than a week and clean the air filter once very now and then!

The noise off a nitro is unbeatable too, much better than some gay whirring shit!

EDIT:

Once the cost of decent batteries and brushless motors fall, I'll admit, it'll be difficult to compare nitro up against electric anymore, but right now I'm sticking on the nitro bandwagon

Edited by Shaun H

Traxxas T-Maxx for the mother f**king win! Love mine, don't think i've every broken any part of the car, just a few servos and a receiver... And maybe started to snap the body posts... It's awesome. Tempted by one of those Flux savages but i dunno, electric just needs too much patience.

I had a t-maxx, got a revo, think the revo is a billion times better just because of the suspension, its got more travel and just flies over any obstical much better than the t-maxx did.

REVO FOR THE WIN!!

Edited by BigAl

RC cars are f**king bollocks, rather have a wank, cost less and don't hurt your thumbs..

RC cars have currently spunked over 1k quid of my money, nitro fuel in my eyes, alot of pissing me the f**k off with it constantly roll and breaking parts.. and wank in general.. :)

Edited by Sam F