Fathers Day

middleageman

"Happy Fathers Day!" my Wife and Son professed at 9.30 this morning. As I tried to smile and remove the vice my head was seemingly trapped in, Saturday night unveiled itself like a vision from a deathbed. Please let me explain......

Yesterday, we'd invited a friend of my Son's round for a day of fun and a sleepover. A splendid day was spent beachcombing with our dogs, street hockey on skates, then shooting targets and Stella cans with catapults and air rifles. All good fun. In the evening we all went to the cinema to watch Transformers 2, cool. It all started going a bit pear shaped when we got home and the Wife and I started drinking a record breaking amount of wine. (well, maybe just me :$ ).

Anyway, as I'm told, we ended up in the local skatepark at 1 am for a 'midnight adventure', the Wife, Son and friend, dogs and inline skates and me.

Judging by the aches, pain and dried blood I woke up covered in, not to mention the egg on my head, I've therefore worked out the following mathematical equation:

a copius amount of wine + inline skates + skatepark halfpipes + "showing off" = a rather large hangover + wrecked ankles + scrapes, blood and bruises + 3 people who point and laugh.

Even worse, when the brood had taken rest, I decided to carry on my record attempt of wine consumption, watched a couple of spaghetti westerns and posted some bollocks on TF.

I finally got some sleep at stupid o'clock, only to be awoken an hour-ish later with the words "Happy Fathers Day!". And then cruelly reminded that I'd promised the boys a game of street hockey.

We played. I now want to curl up and die. :sick:

How is your Fathers Day going? :D

For a change I was the one celebrating my first Fathers Day. Got some typical 'best dad' tee shirts, a mug, some socks and some books.

Actually felt a bit emotional getting fathers day presents, made me feel like a proper Daddy (not that I didn't before).

Frooty

Well my birthday was on the 11th of june and never even got a text of my dad :S.

THen on the 12th i text him saying dad in 15 now ? as a hint and he said oh right. then i text him saying a card would have been nice and he said he had been trying to ring me all day and i had not recived a call of him that day :S?

So i text him on farthers day and said happy farthers day and he had the balls to ring me and ask for a card hahahahaha.

So yeahlol.

Liam xx