Riding Shoes

elliott the onza man

I have used the search feature but I can't find anything....... Does anyone know where I can get some cheap trials shoes, prefrebly ribos because they are just to pricey for me on Tarty.

Thanks, Elliott.

Funny thing is mate, i've never tried trials shoes, but after extensive discussion, me and my mates have found that converse + other cheap plimsoley (flat sneakers) hug the spikes in trials/dirt jump pedals PERFECTLY.

I actually have to try very hard for my feet to come off the pedals, and even then they only slip about half a cm. In turn it makes it hard to reposition my feet to a comfortable spot on the pedals but seeing as they hardly move at all it doesn't make much difference to me.

Try it out ey? Might save yourself some money and look stylish in the process =]

(Kinda like how if I tuck my right trouser leg into my sock I always make sure I have nice loud smiley face socks on, so if I forget to take the trouser leg out, people say "Oh wow I like your socks!" instead of going "Take your trousers out your sock you look like a gimp")

Hope I helped!

what about ankle support, which for me would be the main reason for getting a trials specific shoe? (I speak as a man in a cast).

Sorry dude don't think you'll find any NEW cheap Ribos, or try-alls for that matter.

Oh yeah.. ankle support...

Buy a pair of converse a size two big, buy some of those ankle supports you can get from boots or other pharmacies and wear them whilst riding, job done. Hell i'd even get a pair for my knee joints =]

Converse are whack though.

Edit: But then so are trials shoes.

Would definitely rather the Converse that I can atleast choose in a pretty style than the hideous Ribo shoes. Vomit. Like those people that wear hiking shoes for every day purposes and wonder why their feet smell like P.E. changing rooms =[

Hmm, went on a little rant there.

Anyways the only ones I like are those Koxx ones that are coming soon, because they look a little like DC's

Till then however, I quite like my black and pink converse with little wings on both sides, they hug my pedals quite nicely. and as I'm only just getting into trials and have yet to purchase a bike, no fractured ankles. Working just fine for dirt jump though =]

Would definitely rather the Converse that I can atleast choose in a pretty style than the hideous Ribo shoes. Vomit. Like those people that wear hiking shoes for every day purposes and wonder why their feet smell like P.E. changing rooms =[

I find Cons far too thin. The pedals hurt my feet after a while. Etnies (cant remember the model right now), are rather good.

I totally agree with the hiking boots comment BTW. Dicks.

I totally agree with the hiking boots comment BTW. Dicks.

Wayheeyy! :P

I find Cons far too thin. The pedals hurt my feet after a while. Etnies (cant remember the model right now), are rather good.

My 'verse are alright you know.. Especially on my huge ass dirt jump pins... Though I do agree after a while I can 'feel' them a bit too much... I reckon after a good session of gapping it'd get to me. I reckon I might try putting in an extra pair of innersoles first, though I will take a peek at the Etnies or some other hi-tops...

I reckon some of those "Vans off the wall" might be good with a standard pair of boots ankle supports.

Hmm, bodge riding shoes =]

just save up and get the real thing my try all shoes are still running really grippy since just before november, and anything i wore before them cant touch them up on grip. the shoe suports my foot alot better then any over skate shoe ive tried as well imo.

I bought a set of Ribos, sadly they're too small for me by about 1/2 a size but when I did wear them they were awesome. So if you're size 7/8 and don't mind having red shoes I got some Ribos I'd let go for the right price.

Along the line of hightop skate shoes, Nike SB makes some sweet mids which are nice, idk about riding in them though. The best would probably be some low top skate shoes. i.e. vans, DC, Lakai, are all big US brands. I personally use manchester selects which have worked fine for me. But if your dying for ankle support, you could always wear ankle braces such as Mcdavid ones (USA) im not too sure about the UK but there are probably similar braces. Good luck.

Is it just me that can't stand the lack of feeling you get with skate shoes compared to Ribos? My riding improves when not wearing skate shoes...

I'd say save up and get some/ find some used, who cares about wearing mildly silly shoes, you're riding a f**king seatless bike. You could post a wanted topic on here?

Funny thing is mate, i've never tried trials shoes, but after extensive discussion, me and my mates have found that converse + other cheap plimsoley (flat sneakers) hug the spikes in trials/dirt jump pedals PERFECTLY.

I actually have to try very hard for my feet to come off the pedals, and even then they only slip about half a cm. In turn it makes it hard to reposition my feet to a comfortable spot on the pedals but seeing as they hardly move at all it doesn't make much difference to me.

Try it out ey? Might save yourself some money and look stylish in the process =]

(Kinda like how if I tuck my right trouser leg into my sock I always make sure I have nice loud smiley face socks on, so if I forget to take the trouser leg out, people say "Oh wow I like your socks!" instead of going "Take your trousers out your sock you look like a gimp")

Hope I helped!

I have always worn plimpsoles, however now i dont! whist waring them i broke my toe, used to bang it all the time! fell off from about 6 7 foot and had to go to hospital because i thought i had broken my foot, i also used to get alot of brused heals from bailing and landing on my heal because the plimpsoles are so thin. Apart from that.....plimpsoles feel really nice light and have good grip on the pedals