Sorry! Another What's It Worth Topic

James Quigley

Sorry for creating another of these topics that nobody really likes.

Only I know there are a few roadies here and I need some guidance on what my dads old bike is worth.

It's a Carrera Virtuoso Circa 2004ish. Immaculate condition (only ridden twice to my knowledge). full Sora Groupset as I remember, 16 speed, Medium size frame.

I really have no idea what roadbikes go for or are worth.

Thanks for any help guys, T-F to the rescue!

Because, on every other forum, chit-chat is a place where people place random threads that have no relation to anything else on the forum, yet on Trials-Forum, over the years, it has been drilled into people's brains that if a thread doesn't fall into the subject of girls, cars, designs, videos, games or small questions, then it's not worth posting and is attacked almost like a religion purging it's non-believers, and you get this atmosphere of it's a "fail" thread.

Pretty much.

About £180-£200, not the greatest of bikes but a good starter.

hey james

if its got a sora groupo and is 2004.( no matter how good condition)

id say 150 to 200 quid.

hope this helps

I'm with these two. Good bike to start on and get your legs so to speak.

Thanks to the guys that have helped here. I posted this thread here as it is the only forum I am a member of, it's bike related and doesn't fit under 'Trials-Chat', or any other sub category on this forum.

Not that I feel I need to justify this topic, BUT, it was a genuine inquiry as I am trying to get rid of a few things to help my mum out with money, she has £40k a year less to spend now and is finding it a bit trying at the moment, the last thing I wanted was for a bunch of tits with no social life outside of the internet to say 'Epic Fail' a bunch of times. If a mod felt the topic needed moving they'd of moved it, if you had no constructive advice to give me why post a reply at all?

Sorry for the mini rant and thanks again to the guidance a few of you gave. (and no I wont be taking up Road Cycling so have no need to ''find my legs'' as it were :P )